Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Ongoing Transfer Talk

Seen someone who watches a lot more Spanish football than me say the following:

Luis Hernandez has had a great season playing for what is essentially an amateur outfit apart from three or four players. Sporting getting promoted last season to La Liga was a minor miracle due to the fact they have been banned since two years ago on signing new players due to financial problems. The only players they can bring from outside the club itself are loaned players like Barça's Croatian wonder kid Alen Halilović. The reason I've given you that background info is basically because for anyone to stick out this season on a big positive and get media plaudits must be because he's damn good and Luis Hernandez has been one of those in a sensitive position on the field which is in central defence as Sporting Gijón are a team that have to withstand a barrage off attacks from their rivals. He's 27 but there are years ahead of him and he's an animal in the back line with good distribution of the ball and intelligent in the air. Diego Simeone said he was one of the toughest defenders his team had faced this season.

That sounds very hopeful.

Shows we still have a commitment to thorough scouting and analysing the credentials of a player to come in, and whether they have the playing style and character to fit in well here.

No reason to think he cant do well with us.

Seen someone who watches a lot more Spanish football than me say the following:

That sounds very hopeful.

Sounds promising.

27 so not a kid but an experienced player.

6'1

Can pass the ball

Good in the air

Free transfer.

Sometimes the forum astounds even myself.

If some people can't see that Balotelli is the complete antithesis of everything that is good about LCFC, I kinda give up.

It doesn't need explaining.

500% agree for this. Bellendatelli would be the worst signing ever. Would totally destroy team ethos at a swipe.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but did anyone else like the look of that Kirchhoff at Sunderland? Strong, good tackler and distribution looked very good. Could possibly be a clever signing.

Yeah be a good option if we want a holding midfield player, very much an anchorman. He held his ground and made the counter attack difficult. He won't cover the ground like our midfielders do, deliberately, which I think our fans would dislike.

Erm, am I missing something here? I might be but don't they only have the Belgian?

Ignore me mate could have sworn they signed the Fulham kid on deadline day and loaned him back!!

In fairness, did Kante or Riyad speak much English when they first came? I don't actually know, but I'd imagine not?

ah yeah understand i get your point! But for perfect unity between a back 4 would be ideal if they spoke the same language... why Fuchs fit in so well cause hes basically the captain and speaks better english than all of the team!

In fairness, did Kante or Riyad speak much English when they first came? I don't actually know, but I'd imagine not?

It's only a language , it can be thought

What a silly thing to say by the previous poster

I can't imagine Ngolo or Mahrez had vey good English either

Kirchoff looks like a player who can control the tempo of the game from midfield, i think this is one of the (very) few weaknesses we have in the team

Really? I thought he looked awful against us and poor in every other game I have seen him. Big, slow, clumsy and gave the ball away cheaply.

No thanks!

In all fairness re: Balotelli. If the scouting team and the club decided that they wanted him I would 100% trust in Ranieri to play the old Italian father figure he needs to finally sort himself out. 

That said, if it was up to me... no thanks.

In all fairness re: Balotelli. If the scouting team and the club decided that they wanted him I would 100% trust in Ranieri to play the old Italian father figure he needs to finally sort himself out. 

the reward is not worth the risk

I bet CR feels better now he has your blessing.

Guest CityFan 06

Sounds promising regarding Hernandez. Interested to see if the deal will happen. Ideal age as well.

Archived