Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Ongoing Transfer Talk

Take the plunge, sign Cattermole, make him skipper and watch the Champions League come to our great City?

Oh yes he was very Drinkwater like today. GERRIMIN!

There was a fantastic comment by Barney Ronay on Kirchhoff in his Guardian match report of the game:

"Jan Kirchhoff, a vast ambling pylon, hauled down Steven Naismith a few times and with the ball at his feet gave a fairly decent impression of a baby diplodocus trying to stumble its way out of a swamp."

I'd happily take Mitrovic from Newcastle. He's got that bit of steel and aggression that would do well next season for us.

He arrived in England with a decent reputation.

However, I think Newcastle would want to recoup as much of the money they paid for him as possible. Steel and aggressipn is all well and good but we've got Vardy for that who uses it productively to win free kicks and penalties instead of getting himself sent off.

Mitrovic appears to be too much of an expensive gamble for me, considering his debut season in England.

IMVHO,

Few interesting things here firstly it would be interesting to go back 1, 2 , 5 years to see who we were getting excited about just for a reality check to see just how far we have come and also remind you lot to take some of the paper stories with a pinch of salt. Think we can now agree Claudio is a footballing God and knows what he is about and can spot a decent player to fit into a team and style and also not only do we have arguably the best supportive owners in the Premier league but also the currency we use is the best in the premier league the Steve Walsh £. A Steve Walsh £ is worth about 5 x more than any other teams currency, look at a Mike Ashley £ or a Randy Lerner £ and it is worth about 10 x.

If we could get the Ox from Arsenal at a reasonable price, I would like him down here.

He's sick note at Arsenal, but so are most there. Must be something to do with their training , diets and fitness. Always muscle injuries.

He's versatile , play anywhere in midfield, central , on the wing. I think he's got lots to offer and something to prove.

There's been talk of him going back to Southampton .

I'm not keen on Walcott though, too hit and miss with his end product .

I think the Ox would suit our style and works hard, when he plays of course.........

£10m cheeky bid

I think he was mainly seen as a CB at Bayern?

Bayern had deployed him as a central defensive midfielder mostly, even during his stint at Schalke, he played at CDM more often than at centre-back.

His stats at Mainz are a bit more even, but the tendency points to him being a midfielder rather than a defender.

The key of him performing well is to keep him injury-free; no wonder Bayern wanted to get rid after him missing half a season whilst on their books (plus a majority of the 2014/2015 season on loan at Schalke).

Speaking of young, promising talent abroad, here's Famara Diédihou (Clermont Foot, French Ligue 2):

21 goals in 33 games for his club so far - imagine, he could have about ten goals more than that if it hadn't been for a terrible dry spell in between late January and early April (I suppose transfer rumours must've gotten to his head). Just scored his first in nearly three months on Friday against Valenciennes.

Archived