Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Ongoing Transfer Talk

Can't see this posted anywhere else but according to Sky we're interested in M'Baye Niang of AC Milan. Apparently we tried to get him in Jan but couldn't agree terms.

A quick use of the "Search" function in this thread

FT_Search.png

nets you at least four previous hits/results:

FT_Search_2.png

:thumbup:

Dodoo and Chilwell are U21, so they don't count toward our 25-man UEFA squad... Though, that squad will probably only have 23 in it... assuming we don't include Moore and another player ex-U21 player.

Here are the rules: http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2277105.html

You're right. Dodoo and Chilwell can be included as List B players, which means you either have to leave 2 open spots (if you can't fill them with club-trained HG players) or you fill them in with Moore, etc.

They can both be registered, nonetheless.

Gueye from Villa teamed with Kante. Most unstoppable midfield pairing of the age...of course, we might never get a goal from either, but that's okay?

WE get Arias too and its

Gueye Kante Fuchs Inler Arias.

Gueye from Villa teamed with Kante. Most unstoppable midfield pairing of the age...of course, we might never get a goal from either, but that's okay?

I think the stats for Gueye are misleading having watched him play and seeing what he contributes. Villa are such a bad team they are going to be constantly defending so he will be making a lot of tackles, they have also conceded twice as many goals so for that many attacks to be successful there must be a lot of plays that he isn't breaking up.

I wouldn't want him just for the nasty tackles he gave Mahrez in the last game.

I think the stats for Gueye are misleading having watched him play and seeing what he contributes. Villa are such a bad team they are going to be constantly defending so he will be making a lot of tackles, they have also conceded twice as many goals so for that many attacks to be successful there must be a lot of plays that he isn't breaking up.

I wouldn't want him just for the nasty tackles he gave Mahrez in the last game.

That's what Villa fans say. He's the main one that gives the ball away in the first place.

Squad for next year, lots of empty places, except CM where we have a lot of players.

Assuming 4-4-2 and we keep the players we want.

3 goal keepers

1. Schmeichel

3. Hamer

2 left backs

1. Fuchs

U21 Chilwell

2 right backs

2. Simpson

4 centre backs

1. Wes

2. Huth

4 wingers

1. Mahrez

2. Albrighton

3. Schlupp

U21 Gray

5 centre mids

1. Drinkwater

2. Kante

3. King

4. James

5. Inler

U21 Amartey

5 strikers

1. Vardy

3. Okazaki

4. Ulloa

5. Kram

U21 Joe Dodoo

@@Merging Cultures

I don't think Amartey will be U21 next season?

Also, if you're going to include Kramaric, then why exclude Benny and De Laet?

And Moore, who we might keep around just for Europe.

Not sure how they work out the U21 situation.

I think Kram has been doing well for Hoffenheim, I think he'll provide options next year. Benny isn't terrible, but I think we can do better. Same with RDL. I think they will be off to free up some squad places for people who will compete for a starting spot.

Moore? Nah. I'd like him to succeed, but I don't think he'll be with is next season.

Moore, Was, Inler will be gone in the summer.

Not 100% sure about Kramaric.

Inler might be a good squad player for CL games. Might be able to slow the game and hold the ball for us. But I wouldn't be too upset if he went and we got a really solid replacement.

Personally think Simpson is hugely underrated, even on our forum. the counter attacking we do requires us to have a solid defence and Simpson is a huge part of this. To improve him will be tough.

on the transfer forum the young lad from wolves could be decent for us, back up to simpson. 

Just a top winger and a striker needed and we are looking good for next season. Proving we keep current players. 

We've been linked with Ola Aina, 19 year old right back from Chelsea. His contract expires in the summer, probably one for the U21s.

Get Iorfa & Aina and I reckon right back is sorted. Simpson doesn't need replacing IMO.

We should invest in a young fullback who can learn from Simpson & Ranieri.

Inler might be a good squad player for CL games. Might be able to slow the game and hold the ball for us. But I wouldn't be too upset if he went and we got a really solid replacement.

True didnt think about it that way. I suppose a lot of the fringe players will be tempted by CL.

Guest CityFan 06

My shortlist of players (may/may not be realistic):

Benteke                     Bolasie

Sako                          Arnautovic
Ziyech                        Sisto
Bony                          Iheanacho
Wijnaldum                  Rondon
Musa                          Moses
Sigurdsson
L Hernandez

This is all well and good, but i don't think I'm gonna bother to list the players that I'd like to fit into our squad this summer. I mean, how often do City actually sign the players that you want? Very rarely. I'm just going to sit back and trust in Walsh and the boys to continue to do a fantastic recruitment job.

Guest CityFan 06

This is all well and good, but i don't think I'm gonna bother to list the players that I'd like to fit into our squad this summer. I mean, how often do City actually sign the players that you want? Very rarely. I'm just going to sit back and trust in Walsh and the boys to continue to do a fantastic recruitment job.

Absolutely. I've got total faith in Walsh and his scouting team to bring in the right players into our club.

I'd like to see the following sold in the summer as they have little value to us:

Hamer

Inler

De Laet

Lawrence

Kramaric

Benalouane

Moore

And players I'd be happy to let go if we got a half decent offer:

James

Okazaki

Ulloa

And players whose contracts are up that shouldn't be renewed:

Hammond

Konchesky

Schwarzer

Wasilewski

Blyth

When England played the Netherlands last month there were one or two players I'd never bloody heard of so I did a Google and there's some guy called Quincy Promes out playing in Russia I've never bloody heard of but his goals / game ratio is phenomenal for someone not listed as an out-an-out striker

We should definitely sign this guy - my suggestion is based on a Google search and this two minute Youtube video

Saw 5 seconds of that video and was sold. £15mil tabled.

Archived