Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Ongoing Transfer Talk

In regards to this Hernandez CB, will we still go for another CB (Dragovic)?

If we do I guess that's the end of Wasyl, Benalouane & Moore. If Dragovic does come in as well, hopefully neither of them kick up a fuss because one of them is going to be fourth choice..

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but did anyone else like the look of that Kirchhoff at Sunderland? Strong, good tackler and distribution looked very good. Could possibly be a clever signing.

completely agree especially if Kante goes

Cant see us not going for Dragovic, hes obv on our radar, hes already got a relationship with Fuchs and he has champs league experience.

I think the 20m+ price tag has put us off massively especially considering we seem interested in the lad from Sporting Gijon for a free transfer. Can invest that money elsewhere.

Would love Stefano Sturaro from Juve. Doesn't play too many games for them but is a real player so could be too ambitious. With the congestive fixture list next season we will need more numbers and he fits our style of midfielder. Perhaps a tad unrealistic but hey - we are a champions league team so we've got to aim high

I'm perfectly fine with only one or two "sexy" signings this summer if that means that we have cash left over to pay the nucleus of the squad AND we used some of the extra cash to gather some depth to make the best run we can in CL and PL play. 

The dynastic clubs have deep talent pools; we need to get there and not end up like Man U of the present day, having splashed cash for naught. 

In regards to this Hernandez CB, will we still go for another CB (Dragovic)?

If we do I guess that's the end of Wasyl, Benalouane & Moore. If Dragovic does come in as well, hopefully neither of them kick up a fuss because one of them is going to be fourth choice..

Moore may end up sticking around so we can comply with the European home trained / grown criteria... That's an area we can't simply buy in.

In all fairness re: Balotelli. If the scouting team and the club decided that they wanted him I would 100% trust in Ranieri to play the old Italian father figure he needs to finally sort himself out. 

That said, if it was up to me... no thanks.

A lot of scouting teams and managers have thought that and he's proved them wrong and the fans/pundits right. Not worth the hassle, it's a big risk for a small reward and a waste of money. If Balotelli wanted to buck his ideas up and play to a high level then he would have by now.

Moore may end up sticking around so we can comply with the European home trained / grown criteria... That's an area we can't simply buy in.

By home grown I don't think it means coming through our academy it's the country they mainly played there youth football which if true we are certainly fine.

Schmeichael

Simpson

Morgan

Drinkwater

Albrighton

Vardy

Chilwell

King

Gray

Schlupp

That's off the top of my head. Don't think Moore will be staying for that reason at all.

By home grown I don't think it means coming through our academy it's the country they mainly played there youth football which if true we are certainly fine.

Schmeichael

Simpson

Morgan

Drinkwater

Albrighton

Vardy

Chilwell

King

Gray

Schlupp

That's off the top of my head. Don't think Moore will be staying for that reason at all.

If Football Manager is to be believed, for Champions League, you need to have at least 4 players who are "club trained" (has been with our club for 3 years from between 16 and 21) and the rest (so at most 4) who are "association trained" (has been registered with any English club for 3 years from between 16 and 21) and .

So presumably club-trained: King and Schlupp are for sure. Chilwell should be, and Dodoo is. And add Jonny Maddison if you need a 3rd keeper. So that should cover the bases should Moore be sold off.

And there's no problem with association trained given all of the Man Utd academy players in our squad, plus many others.

Schmeichael

Simpson

Morgan

Drinkwater

Albrighton

Vardy

Chilwell

King

Gray

Schlupp

Only three of those were home grown at the club (King, Schlupp and Chilwell) and we need four. I think Moore will stay for this reason as we will need cover there when Wasilewski leaves unless we sign two or three more in which case we could probably have Dodoo as our other home grown player instead.

In our usual first team you've got Simpson, Albrighton, Drinkwater & Vardy already. Morgan & Schmeichel definitely have English nationality too.

Ulloa cannot be too far off five years in this country too if that's how it still works.

In our usual first team you've got Simpson, Albrighton, Drinkwater & Vardy already. Morgan & Schmeichel definitely have English nationality too.

Ulloa cannot be too far off five years in this country too if that's how it still works.

Thought it was three years living in/playing in England before the 21st birthday to be home grown

Then you need four who have played for Leicester for three years before there 21st birthday as well

Only three of those were home grown at the club (King, Schlupp and Chilwell) and we need four. I think Moore will stay for this reason as we will need cover there when Wasilewski leaves unless we sign two or three more in which case we could probably have Dodoo as our other home grown player instead.

Dodoo would be better off on loan in the championship next season imo. It's up to Moore if he wants to stay and not play I suppose. Reckon he could get his career back on track to a championship side mind

When England played the Netherlands last month there were one or two players I'd never bloody heard of so I did a Google and there's some guy called Quincy Promes out playing in Russia I've never bloody heard of but his goals / game ratio is phenomenal for someone not listed as an out-an-out striker

We should definitely sign this guy - my suggestion is based on a Google search and this two minute Youtube video

When England played the Netherlands last month there were one or two players I'd never bloody heard of so I did a Google and there's some guy called Quincy Promes out playing in Russia I've never bloody heard of but his goals / game ratio is phenomenal for someone not listed as an out-an-out striker

We should definitely sign this guy - my suggestion is based on a Google search and this two minute Youtube video

Sold him to Bayern for £45m on FM, sign him up

So presumably club-trained: King and Schlupp are for sure. Chilwell should be, and Dodoo is. And add Jonny Maddison if you need a 3rd keeper. So that should cover the bases should Moore be sold off.

Dodoo and Chilwell are U21, so they don't count toward our 25-man UEFA squad... Though, that squad will probably only have 23 in it... assuming we don't include Moore and another player ex-U21 player.

Archived