Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Ongoing Transfer Talk

Exactly the kind of profile of player we should be going for.

Suggesting players with big reputations who are failures are the exact players we shouldn't be going for, players like Walcott, Richards, etc.

We should be signing the best players in the world who are at inferior clubs or play in inferior leagues. I have no opinion on Yarmolenko one way or another as I have seen little of him but he plays in the Ukrainian league and is arguably the best player in it. At some point he's going to want to do it in one of the big leagues so I'd imagine he's highly talented and ambitious which are two essential ingredients for us.

I'd be lying if I said I'd seen loads of him but he always looks quality, someone who's got everything to succeed.

I'd be lying if I said I'd seen loads of him but he always looks quality, someone who's got everything to succeed.

Well within our reach as he's been linked with Everton and we are above them in the pecking order now.

Also linked with Barcelona so it all points to good evidence that he's a top quality player. One thing we definitely need are players better than what we already have, totally pointless bringing in more "Inler's and Benlouane's" who cost good money but aren't good enough for the first team. Three or four players who are big upgrades on the current first team.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/barcelona-target-andriy-yarmolenko-would-7310473

Well within our reach as he's been linked with Everton and we are above them in the pecking order now.

Also linked with Barcelona so it all points to good evidence that he's a top quality player. One thing we definitely need are players better than what we already have, totally pointless bringing in more "Inler's and Benlouane's" who cost good money but aren't good enough for the first team. Three or four players who are big upgrades on the current first team.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/barcelona-target-andriy-yarmolenko-would-7310473

That's what gets me about it. Everton have been linked whilst only being in the Europa League. We're probably powerful enough to attract someone like Yarmolenko now. I think it'd be a good transfer for both him and Leicester.

Always a bit wary about buying from places like Ukraine though as the clubs there are wealthy enough to demand good money. As stated though from what I've seen and heard of him I couldn't see him being anything other than a quality signing.

Not sure if serious?  :unsure:

It may be articulated poorly, but I suppose SHR means that for the sake of squad cohesion, it'd probably be a bad idea at the moment to break up successful existing partnerships like Morgan and Huth or Mahrez and Vardy.

However, we do need reinforcements for sure.

The big question is: How do we strengthen our squad without losing that special and unique team spirit?

I think sometimes that fans run the risk of looking at players in terms of the current clubs they play for. Not at the player themselves.

Micah Richards is a good example. He's been one of the few that seemed to be fighting in a team so devoid of any fight and full of misfits. But Richards HIMSELF is not a bad full back. I could see him at City personally, in a back four that are solid and together. They are physically strong as is Richards. He'd also want to join us, I suspect. He seems a good lad with a good attitude.

Compare this to Walcott, for instance, and I couldn't see him at City. I think he'd see it as a downward step. I suspect he's Arsenal through and through.

You only have to look at players like Albrighton, Fuchs, and Huth to see that it's about FIT. Where could such signings FIT into what we have here at Leicester. None of these three were pulling up trees at their previous clubs, yet they join us and look superb!

The same, I think, may be true of players like Richards. At Villa, he's looked very average, because THEY are shite. If he joined City, I suggest we'd see a very different player.

It's about attitude and 'fit' for me.

I think sometimes that fans run the risk of looking at players in terms of the current clubs they play for. Not at the player themselves.

Micah Richards is a good example. He's been one of the few that seemed to be fighting in a team so devoid of any fight and full of misfits. But Richards HIMSELF is not a bad full back. I could see him at City personally, in a back four that are solid and together. They are physically strong as is Richards. He'd also want to join us, I suspect. He seems a good lad with a good attitude.

Compare this to Walcott, for instance, and I couldn't see him at City. I think he'd see it as a downward step. I suspect he's Arsenal through and through.

You only have to look at players like Albrighton, Fuchs, and Huth to see that it's about FIT. Where could such signings FIT into what we have here at Leicester. None of these three were pulling up trees at their previous clubs, yet they join us and look superb!

The same, I think, may be true of players like Richards. At Villa, he's looked very average, because THEY are shite. If he joined City, I suggest we'd see a very different player.

It's about attitude and 'fit' for me.

Richards doesn't want to play at full back though. He made that clear to Villa when he signed for them. He even tried to get it put in his contract lol

The Villa ST holders I know said he was poor as a CB and Okore and Lescott were both better

I saw the other day that Alex Oxlaide-Chamberlain is up for sale.

At a decent price i'd be happy to take that punt.

Providing he stays fit, he'd fit in here a treat and he's still only 22.

I'm surprised he's for sale mate to be honest. Another good shout.

Richards doesn't want to play at full back though. He made that clear to Villa when he signed for them. He even tried to get it put in his contract lol

The Villa ST holders I know said he was poor as a CB and Okore and Lescott were both better

Times have changed. City are in the driving seat. I'm pretty sure Richards would leave the Championship to join a Champs League club, even if it was only at RB! lol

I'm only using him as an example though.

Probably been said before but would anyone take Cambiasso back?

He has only played 13 times for Olympiacos. He wouldn't start for us if we hold onto Drinky and Kante but be very useful leader to have around the place and for Champions League

Could do his coaching badges whilst with us too etc.. 

Thomas Partey would be a good shout.

Jamie Vardy's having a Partey bring your vodka and Amartey.

He has only played 13 times for Olympiacos. He wouldn't start for us if we hold onto Drinky and Kante but be very useful leader to have around the place and for Champions League

No.  It was wonderful fun having him around the first time but he'd be dead weight for us these days.

Praying for Yarmolenko.

I'd have him if he wanted to hang his boots up and coach. No doubt.

Stop mentioning over rated Engliish Arsenal wingers, Walcott, Ox, these are the kind of signings Harry Redknapp makes or Newcastle. We already have better prospects of our own without having to pay £15m plus insane wages for average players.

I'd definitely take him in the right circumstances.

There are times when I thought he'd become a world class player but seems to have lost his way a bit. He would probably be a great player to play in Okazaki's role for us. 

Could you imagine Ranieri, Totti and Cambiasso knocking about at the training ground? I'd give up work and just spend the whole time down there fanboying like a lunatic.

Not a chance would I have him back, his legs had just about gone 2 years a go.

Archived