Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Ongoing Transfer Talk

sturridge because i would rather spend big money on a guy that has the potential to get 30 goals a season than the same money on a 9 goal per season player

Potential is great - it's why he's yet to fulfill it wholly.

Sturridge's career has taken an enormous nosedive in the last two years, he's way too injury-prone.

Hamstring

Thigh

Knee

Ankle

Ligaments

Hip

You'd need a proper fitness regime and a tremendously talented and dedicated medical staff to start pushing him in the right direction again...

And that's even before we're talking about playing proper football.

I'd be curious to find out if he can finish this season without taking another knock.

I just want us to bulk the squad out with high potential youth particularly up front (Ulloa, Shinji and Vardy all 30ish) and defence (whole back four is 30ish). We can slowly integrate them into the team given how many more games we'll be playing. We've got a great opportunity to get some ready made replacements in and developed.

Same with the youth team, move out the older element and bring in a fresh batch.

I'd take this any day over an older marquee signing only here for the Champs League on big wages.

Still think we should be looking to add 10-ish players, we have a small squad, many of whom haven't played mid week matches in years. Also, we need to add more quality, especially upfront and at CB. Okazaki works hard but has not goal threat, and both Morgan and Huth are ageing and CB who could pick a pass would be great.

Its looking more like Sturridge could be on the move from Liverpool. Think he would be a great buy for us and probably cheaper than he should be seeing he has a poor attendance record with Liverpool.

I expect Mahrez will stay, his mum has told him to. I think Kante will go to Italy so an aggressive little shit in midfield is required and that will be a hard role to fill.

Still think we should be looking to add 10-ish players, we have a small squad, many of whom haven't played mid week matches in years. Also, we need to add more quality, especially upfront and at CB. Okazaki works hard but has not goal threat, and both Morgan and Huth are ageing and CB who could pick a pass would be great.

Think that'd be an awful idea. Huge risk to squad harmony. And what if we don't progress in the cups? 25 players desperate to start and only 11 do?

I think we need 4-6 but no more. And that's with 3-4 going too. 

Think that'd be an awful idea. Huge risk to squad harmony. And what if we don't progress in the cups? 25 players desperate to start and only 11 do?

I think we need 4-6 but no more. And that's with 3-4 going too.

We already lack depth, if a CB gets injured who do we have to replace them? Wing backs? striker? winger? Okazaki and schlupp don't have enough quality to be staying champions league games against the best teams. Don't forget we've signed 9 in the last 2 windows anyway.

We already lack depth, if a CB gets injured who do we have to replace them? Wing backs? striker? winger? Okazaki and schlupp don't have enough quality to be staying champions league games against the best teams. Don't forget we've signed 9 in the last 2 windows anyway.

That still doesn't add up to the 10 or 11 or whatever you said!

We buy a CB, we don't play wing backs but a right sided full back yes, we have 4 wingers and we buy another striker. 

If schlupp plays left back he does, he can grow into it anyways but yea not as a winger.

Anyone know how good/realistic Denis Suarez is from Villareal? Looked good against Liverpool last week, but that's pretty much the only time I've saw him play!

Just saw Barcelona have got a buy back option on him. Probably not then.

Anyone know how good/realistic Denis Suarez is from Villareal? Looked good against Liverpool last week, but that's pretty much the only time I've saw him play!

Just saw Barcelona have got a buy back option on him. Probably not then.

i have watched him a good deal, good technical ability. He has had a good season, He has performed far better in the Europa league than in La Liga which i can only interpret as positive because he shows up for big games. He would be a good signing but i am not sure what the going rate would be for him. 

Can't believe people are on about sturidge. He is so injury prone and a complete helmet to boot.

Even if we had an offer accepted for him there is not a chance he would come here champions league or not as we are not 'big' enough for him and his fam init.

Can't believe people are on about sturidge. He is so injury prone and a complete helmet to boot.

Even if we had an offer accepted for him there is not a chance he would come here champions league or not as we are not 'big' enough for him and his fam init.

we were given a list to choose from, independent of the players inclinings. Only way i would take Welbeck is on a free.

That still doesn't add up to the 10 or 11 or whatever you said!

We buy a CB, we don't play wing backs but a right sided full back yes, we have 4 wingers and we buy another striker.

I'm not saying 10 starters, 2 CB's, wingback for either side, goalkeeper, 2CM's would all be back ups, then maybe a striker and new winger to start.

Plus his 150k a week or whatever. Not worth it.

Also who suggested King be sold? I don't think he'll play much next season but he can never leave.

To be honest, there's not one English player in the PL I would sign. All a bunch of overrated shite. (Talking about the ones that are realistic, ofc I'd take Kane for example).

Only English players I'd sign is the hungry, young, exciting prospects from the lower leagues that would love to play for us.

Just like we did with Demarai Gray.

Don't forget our 'rivals' will themselves be making additions. Pep will be signing better players, make no bones about it. Chelsea are rich, Spurs will look to add, Utd will strengthen too.

I agree about how all our squad has played it's part but we mustn't stagnate. We too will need to strengthen and to freshen things up, especially in a season where we'll be playing more games...and at the top level in Europe. I wouldn't go mad...but I'd be looking at three or four quality additions to our squad.

This is true, why it's important as well to not knacker what makes you tick as well. Getting rid of about 10 players would be lunacy. Keep things fresh but don't abandon a large proportion of this squad.

The good thing is you can often rely on clubs in England to spend, but not actually strengthen. That's the last few years though. Definitely think the league's about to get genuinely strong again with some of the managers that'll be in it next year.

Potential is great - it's why he's yet to fulfill it wholly.

Sturridge's career has taken an enormous nosedive in the last two years, he's way too injury-prone.

Hamstring

Thigh

Knee

Ankle

Ligaments

Hip

You'd need a proper fitness regime and a tremendously talented and dedicated medical staff to start pushing him in the right direction again...

And that's even before we're talking about playing proper football.

I'd be curious to find out if he can finish this season without taking another knock.

Oh, so you mean like the staff at Leicester? Give us a summer and full season with him and we'll get our ROI, I suspect. 

To be honest, there's not one English player in the PL I would sign. All a bunch of overrated shite. (Talking about the ones that are realistic, ofc I'd take Kane for example).

Only English players I'd sign is the hungry, young, exciting prospects from the lower leagues that would love to play for us.

I'd take Callum Wilson but he'd cost us silly money. I bet you will seldom sign a player who starts in the PL for less than £20mil as of next season. Could be totally wrong but it's exactly what puts me off signing players like Deeney or Ighalo. You'd pay through the nose. Signing value is what got us here in the first place.

I'd sign that West Ham LB. Cresswell....

I'd take Callum Wilson but he'd cost us silly money. I bet you will seldom sign a player who starts in the PL for less than £20mil as of next season. Could be totally wrong but it's exactly what puts me off signing players like Deeney or Ighalo. You'd pay through the nose. Signing value is what got us here in the first place.

This. And this has been the contentious issue that has divided many in the media about the Prem having too many foreign players. You just can't find the level of quality for price within the prem as opposed to other leagues. The market just dictates as much. We can get Volland for 15mil Euros, i dont rate the guy that highly but there is nobody in the Prem of that quality that can be had for that price. The only real reason to go out and spend locally is because you are a big club that needs more English faces ie Sterling.

Exactly. Don't get me wrong, players like Wilson would be decent for us. But for 20mill or whatever the price would be? No thanks. Our whole recruitment policy has been about signing players for good value, & I cant see Walsh and Ranieri diverting from that philosophy.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us sign players we've never heard of, again. Even a free transfer or two, like Fuchs & Cambiasso.

Now that we are almost there in terms of winning the Premiership, and the Champions League awaits, we need to have a look at the current squad and have a view on who is likely to go. The key criterion is having the quality to compete at the higher echelons. We also need to recognise that selling players will also increase our budget for incoming players.

Here's my take:

Schwarezer - it goes without saying that we need a proper back up for Kasper.

De Laet - not good enough for the premiership, let alone the Champions League. £1.5m

Konchesky - contract expires at the end of June. Not to be renewed!

Wasilewski - a great contribution from the big man, but time to call it a day. Do not renew contract.

Moore - showed terrific potential at the start of last season. It hasn't quite worked out for him. £1.0m

James - difficult one, as we have yet to see whether he is fully recovered from his long term injury, but need something better. £1.5m

Dyer - he did two good things (goal against Villa, and the cross for Vardy's goal against the Saints), but he also gave away two penalties. Do not renew loan.

Inler - so little game time, but his style isn't really suited to the way we want to play. £2.5m

Benalouane - difficult to analyse his abilities in view of his sparse appearances. Need someone better. £2.5m

King - sorry chaps, but whilst I admire what Andy has done and his loyalty to the club, he's not at the level that we are looking for. £2m.

Kramaric - a bit like Inler, not really suited to the pacy, counter attack game that has served us so well. £6m

Ulloa - has been useful in recent games with Vardy missing, but he's not Champions League material. £6m

That's a total of £23m to go into the transfer kitty.

What a great idea, getting rid of one of our only decent club trained players with the Champions League coming up.

Archived