Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Ongoing Transfer Talk

Seriously none of them.

Welbeck - Injury prone

Sturridge - See Welbeck and has a shocking attitude

Benteke - Shocking

Bony - Who?!

Bony is dreadful. Good at Swansea, but awful at Man City - 11 goals in 45 games

Why make such wholesale changes? Remember we are on the brink of winning the league and everyone has played a big part this season. Oka / Ulloa will stay as will King. I think James could go on loan. Unsure about Inler, Bena, Kram they are good players but don't seem to suit us. The other departures of 'lesser' players are guaranteed. The main priority should be keeping hold of Kante, Mahrez and Vardy

This.

I feel with welbeck that his goal scoring record has never been good enough despite playing for top teams most of the time. With sturridge i would have confidence in our sports science team to keep him fit.

Our sports science are great at managing workload and recovery but they aren't world class surgeons.

A player like Sturridge, at a club at our level, would be the main man.  We can't risk our front line on someone who, even though is a proven goal scorer, is also a proven injury in waiting.

Why make such wholesale changes? Remember we are on the brink of winning the league and everyone has played a big part this season. Oka / Ulloa will stay as will King. I think James could go on loan. Unsure about Inler, Bena, Kram they are good players but don't seem to suit us. The other departures of 'lesser' players are guaranteed. The main priority should be keeping hold of Kante, Mahrez and Vardy

Don't forget our 'rivals' will themselves be making additions. Pep will be signing better players, make no bones about it. Chelsea are rich, Spurs will look to add, Utd will strengthen too.

I agree about how all our squad has played it's part but we mustn't stagnate. We too will need to strengthen and to freshen things up, especially in a season where we'll be playing more games...and at the top level in Europe. I wouldn't go mad...but I'd be looking at three or four quality additions to our squad.

Andy King to rotate for the number 10 role next season? Hear me out.

Lets say we sign Slimani, or Deeney. That means Ulloa has to go, as they are similar players.

So we could have Slimani/Okazaki/King fighting for the number 10 role. This could potentially be Kings best position.

Also we need to sign an extra CM but also KEEP Matty james as he has potential.

So we'd have 5 CM options, DD/Kante/NEW CM/Amartey/James.

Slimani/Okazaki/King would give us different options in that number 10 role. Kingy WILL score goals in this role, the best finisher at the club. Also Matty James like Drinkwater could have a breakthrough season, so we need to find room for him in the squad IMO.

Guest CityFan 06

Lets say we sign Slimani, or Deeney. That means Ulloa has to go, as they are similar players.

So we could have Slimani/Okazaki/King fighting for the number 10 role. This could potentially be Kings best position.

Slimani/Okazaki/King would give us different options in that number 10 role. Kingy WILL score goals in this role, the best finisher at the club. Also Matty James like Drinkwater could have a breakthrough season, so we need to find room for him in the squad IMO.

Agree with you on King. Pretty sure he's played in the number 10 role before and he's scored goals. Superb finisher.

Sadio Mane please! Why not? We're now officially a step up from Saints, we should be acting like Liverpool and Spurs and stealing players from the likes of Saints & West Ham (providing they don't get UCL) 

Delusions of Grandeur indeed. Wellbeck, Bony, Benteke and Sturridge all not good enough????? Have a day off lads..

2 of them spend more time injured and the other 2 have done **** all this season.

Would much prefer Musa and hopefully he will sign soon.

Sell King... lol

If we had the chance to sign one of these 4 strikers in the summer who would you pick?

Welbeck, Sturridge, Benteke or Bony?

Balotelli

Sadio Mane please! Why not? We're now officially a step up from Saints, we should be acting like Liverpool and Spurs and stealing players from the likes of Saints & West Ham (providing they don't get UCL)

They didn't let him leave to go to Man United last summer. They won't let him leave to come to us.

Delusions of Grandeur indeed. Wellbeck, Bony, Benteke and Sturridge all not good enough????? Have a day off lads..

Rather have a player on his way up rather than one of those - on their way down.

I imagine a lot of the fringe players may leave Wasyl, Moore, Benalouane, Inler, de Laet, Hamer, Kramaric, Lawrence, Schwarzer maybe become a coach, Dyer won't have his loan renewed.

Would be disappointed if King, James or Ulloa left all have something to offer, wouldn't begrudge them a move if they want guaranteed football though.

I think we need 2 first team players for each position, if the above leave we'd need:

Goalkeeper, right back, centre back (possibly x2), Winger (maybe, if the right player becomes availble), Striker

Alright, so a 23-year old German international with similar workrates to Okazaki plus eight goals and ten assists for a rather mediocre team like Hoffenheim is "average at best"? lol

What was your opinion of Okazaki then, I wonder?

Just curious who would you take between Thomas Lemar or Voland? And i almost forgot Okazaki is poor; i mean he spends more time on his back than a Thai hooker.

If we had the chance to sign one of these 4 strikers in the summer who would you pick?

Welbeck, Sturridge, Benteke or Bony?

sturridge because i would rather spend big money on a guy that has the potential to get 30 goals a season than the same money on a 9 goal per season player

Welbeck has averaged 8 goals per 38 premier league games playing for Man Utd and Arsenal. That's not a terrible return if he offers something other than pure goalscoring, but I'm not sure he does offer much, certainly not enough to justify what would be a huge transfer fee and wage packet. Plus he's regularly injured so you'd be lucky to get more than 5 or 6 goals out of him in a season.

I don't think we'll do much domestic shopping. With the money in the premier league those players will be too expensive. I think we'll focus on lesser known potential stars to bulk out the squad. We'll be looking to evolve the squad rather than overhaul it. I wouldn't be surprised if we have no new players in the starting 11 for the first game of next season.

Most important thing is to keep our best current players, of course.

Just curious who would you take between Thomas Lemar or Voland? And i almost forgot Okazaki is poor; i mean he spends more time on his back than a Thai hooker.

Best cool it with the Thai hooker talk around here. Bad memories. 

I'd never, ever entertain the idea of selling Kingy, but do we reckon he may actually want a move in the next season or so? I can't see him cementing his place as a starter in this squad simply because of the competition, and he's definitely good enough to be playing week in week out at this level.

Please don't leave Andy

@@Goober, Kingy can still do a job for us but in a new role:

He also spends more time than any other forward that I've seen in the league chasing after the ball and closing down opposition and locking down their potential passing lanes.

He is a nuisance to play against and usually finds himself at the wrong end of a tackle quite often - hence his "time on his back".

Okazaki and his workrates are one of the reasons we are where we are. Five goals and two assists are a misleading return if you're going after numbers only.

Archived