Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Manchester United (Away) Pre-Match Thread/Thoughts

The way this season has been Wins at Everton and West Ham etc, for the 1st time in years, Vardys record breaking, PFA player of the year from little old us.

I still for some reason think we are gonna do it at OT.

Win it there.

Trophy at Home.

Guard of Honour for Claudio at the Bridge.

Beautiful.

Stat time

After winning nine Premier League games in a row against Leicester, the Red Devils have now won just one of their last three against the Foxes (D1 L1).

Leicester City have now won 22 league games this season – their highest tally in a top-flight season, overtaking both 1928-29 and 1965-66 (21 wins).

Manchester United need to win five points in their remaining four league games to equal their lowest points tally in a Premier League campaign (64 in 2013-14).

Claudio Ranieri has won just two of his previous nine Premier League matches as a manager against Manchester United (W2 D5 L2); these coming in December 2001 and November 2003 as Chelsea boss.

Coming in to this matchday, Riyad Mahrez is the only player to have reached double figures for both goals (17) and assists (11) in the Premier League this season.

Wayne Rooney has currently scored 99 Premier League goals at Old Trafford; the only player to have scored 100+ at a single ground in the competition is Thierry Henry at Highbury (114).

Leicester City are one of just three clubs which Wayne Rooney has faced with Manchester United in the top-flight without scoring (also Blackpool and Derby). He did, however, score two in the Premier League against the Foxes for Everton.

Rooney only has seven Premier League goals this season; he's only failed to reach double figures in two league campaigns; 2002-03 at Everton (6) and 2003-04 at Everton (9).

If they win this match, Leicester City will become the first team to win their first top-flight league title in England since Nottingham Forest in 1977-78.

Leicester City could become the 24th different team to win the English top-flight league title, doing so against the team that has won the most top-flight titles in England (Manchester United; 20).

The way this season has been Wins at Everton and West Ham etc, for the 1st time in years, Vardys record breaking, PFA player of the year from little old us.

I still for some reason think we are gonna do it at OT.

Win it there.

Trophy at Home.

Guard of Honour for Claudio at the Bridge.

Beautiful.

Would be amazing if we could do it

Tough tough game

But hopefully winnable

Up the Foxes

With a title winners medal up for grabs I can see the boys putting in a shift and half. They will NOT be thinking; Oh well the next match is at home!  Some showboating and a few long range efforts.

The shot that wins the title is perhaps the stuff schoolboy dreams but that picture would be history!

I bet Danny is dreaming of that 30 yarder and Riyad is dreaming of that overhead kick and so on.

It's Okazaki's turn to do the business on Sunday.

he can add to his record of scoring at stadiums which are over 100 years old...

Everton (Goodison Park)

West Ham (Boleyn Ground)

Newcastle (St James Park)

Tottenham (White Hart Lane)

Aston Villa (Villa Park)

Stat time

After winning nine Premier League games in a row against Leicester, the Red Devils have now won just one of their last three against the Foxes (D1 L1).

Leicester City have now won 22 league games this season – their highest tally in a top-flight season, overtaking both 1928-29 and 1965-66 (21 wins).

Manchester United need to win five points in their remaining four league games to equal their lowest points tally in a Premier League campaign (64 in 2013-14).

Claudio Ranieri has won just two of his previous nine Premier League matches as a manager against Manchester United (W2 D5 L2); these coming in December 2001 and November 2003 as Chelsea boss.

Coming in to this matchday, Riyad Mahrez is the only player to have reached double figures for both goals (17) and assists (11) in the Premier League this season.

Wayne Rooney has currently scored 99 Premier League goals at Old Trafford; the only player to have scored 100+ at a single ground in the competition is Thierry Henry at Highbury (114).

Leicester City are one of just three clubs which Wayne Rooney has faced with Manchester United in the top-flight without scoring (also Blackpool and Derby). He did, however, score two in the Premier League against the Foxes for Everton.

Rooney only has seven Premier League goals this season; he's only failed to reach double figures in two league campaigns; 2002-03 at Everton (6) and 2003-04 at Everton (9).

If they win this match, Leicester City will become the first team to win their first top-flight league title in England since Nottingham Forest in 1977-78.

Leicester City could become the 24th different team to win the English top-flight league title, doing so against the team that has won the most top-flight titles in England (Manchester United; 20).

We have the best away record this season!

I live in Leeds so I'm thinking of coming over to soak up the atmosphere. Have any Ticket holders been given any advice re friendly pubs? Wouldn't it be amazing if they showed it on one of the big screens in the city centre!?

Be a tight, close game I imagine. Could go either way but I'd settle for a draw. I think we could win it, but winning at Old Trafford and claiming the Title at Old Trafford - that is seriously dreamland stuff.

I agree ARM 1968

:fc: Leicester win though

But yes a draw would be a decent result

I'll be driving up from London to the game on my own, if anyone wants to car share?

Also parking help would be appreciated.

I've got 2 tickets in the UTD end on the length of the pitch, halfway up, and I paid £250 for the pair. Just letting people know, I'm not selling!!

There are a few industrial units that charge for parking , or I believe the Salford Quays is a popular parking area which is a 10 min walk.

The trouble is moving afterwards.

Last season I parked in the city centre, and jumped on the tram. Only 10 min journey.

Archived