Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Manchester United (Away) Pre-Match Thread/Thoughts

Win it this week. Never wish for a loss as anything in football can happen. The players will want it this weekend and will enjoy all 90 minutes of the loudest fans singing in celebration at home v Everton. That'll be a party you don't want to miss. Knowing we have it won and partying it up the entire day.

Do we know how bad Leo's back injury is? I know he wasn't too fussed in the post match interview but he wasn't right at all on the pitch.

He is listed as injured on the club website. I don't know what that means, but that is concerning.

If we're level after an hour it puts us in a little dilemma. Do we go for the win but risk losing it or settle for the point.

This team goes for the win. More than ever, no question. We may have won 1-0 a few times but we're not a negative side. We have played to win every single game this season. If it's the 93rd minute and we're clinging on for a draw due to their attacking, I would still expect us to be trying to counter to win the match.

After last night, the players will be so focused on winning. One result completes the season for them and they can relax for two games. (And some will have a well earned rest). I expected a draw. I now think we can win this with the added reward on offer for a solid 90 mins effort and concentration.

0-0 draw suits both teams.

Both are defensively sound and will be wary of each other's pace (Jeff, Riyad, Rashford, Martial).

It means we can win it at home against Everton with a draw or win. Spurs will hold up their end of the deal and beat Chelsea who are still shit IMO.

If we draw at MU and Spurs beat Chelsea, then a draw against Everton isn't enough for the title (78pts v 72pts, a superior goal difference & a game in hand).

If Spurs then beat Southampton, it would go to the last day. We'd need at least a draw at Chelsea or for Spurs to drop points at Newcastle.

Don't understand why anyone thinks the situation's changed after the Spurs result. Obviously there's more riding on this game, but you could of said that about Swansea after the West Ham debacle, about the Norwich game after Arsenal away, or any number of games where the goalposts have been shifted.

This team has overcome any stress, nerves or pressure and performed to their maximum every time they've stepped onto the pitch. Now Tottenham slipped up and the pressure's off, and it's going to get to them? Not saying that Old Trafford isn't hard to go to regardless of the season they had but this team has found a way to come away with the points whatever the challenge.

A good performance, come out the gates early then hopefully a 2-0 win, come on Leicester!!!  :scarf:  

I just really hope we win the title on Sunday or against Everton.

The players and fans deserve to celebrate together. I won't turn my nose up to Chelsea avoiding defeat on Monday but IMO it's never the same when you win something without playing.

Archived