Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Manchester United (Away) Pre-Match Thread/Thoughts

Hibs fan here.

Just signed up to come on and congratulate you's. Hopefully you'll do the business on Sunday at OT and win the title. As a 23 year old guy I've seen some great footballing sides growing up but nothing would beat this. This would be up there as the greatest footballing moment i've seen in my life so far.

P.S. that Conrad Logan though. What a guy :wub:

Cheers

Conrad is a legend, good luck to him

Yeah got some a while ago through a neighbour who is good friends with the Utd chairman lol.

I do have another mate who could possibly (no guarantee!) get some tickets. You after just the one?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Will send you a message mate.

I think Ulloa's back injury has been lost among the many story lines the last few days. The only information I've been able to see online is this: http://www.setanta.com/ulloa-still-feeling-back-injury?

The Argentine forward netted twice in Leicester's emphatic Premier League victory over Francesco Guidolin's side at the King Power Stadium, but was unable to complete the match after suffering a back spasm in the final moments.

Ulloa, who deputised for the suspended Jamie Vardy against Swansea, may now be a doubt for Leicester's crucial match against Manchester United at Old Trafford next Sunday.

"In the last play I felt it a little in my back and so I will wait and see," he told Sky Sports.

"But I feel it a little bit still."

I'm not sure if it was Ulloa that called it a back spasm or if the journalist took some liberties in diagnosing his injury. But with Jamie Vardy suspended, and a title on the line, it will be vital to have Ulloa healthy the final 3 matches. 

What do you think Claudio will do if Ulloa is too injured to play against Manchester United? That would leave him with only one true striker in the lineup, and Okazaki has not played as the lone man up top for Leicester before. I know he has in the Bundesliga, so he is capable, but for Leicester he has only ever played in a supporting role. 

Manchester United have the chance to spoil Leicester’s party as the Champions-elect visit Old Trafford needing just three points to seal the Premier League title. United have improved recently and their attacking players have started to click. Against Everton, Anthony Martial scored the winner after a clever assist by Ander Herrera, this should ensure that the marginalised Basque midfielder should start against Leicester. If all three of Martial, Herrera and Rashford start, United’s attack will be quick, dynamic and very hard to predict.

Wayne Rooney expressed his desire to move to a deeper role after the Everton game. Rooney must have realised that with the emergence of Rashford and Martial, this is the only way he can play regularly at Manchester United. With Harry Kane’s emergence, Rooney is not sure of his England starting place too. Whether Rooney can adapt himself or not, only time can tell. Next season might be Rooney’s last season at the top as one more season with bad form or injuries and United will seek to sell him especially with huge salary being a burden.

No way Ulloa will miss this, if it is just his back they will manage it this week and inject, he only really needs to last 60 / 70 mins and then revert to what we did against Swansea, he might miss Everton but he will be fit for Sunday.

He definitely got a knee in the back from challenging for a ball in the air with a swansea defender. Think it will just be sore and bruised if anything. No problem for Sunday

Same team with Schlupp running straight through their defence, and I mean straight through, as in over them as he only seems to run in straight lines  lol

No way Ulloa will miss this, if it is just his back they will manage it this week and inject, he only really needs to last 60 / 70 mins and then revert to what we did against Swansea, he might miss Everton but he will be fit for Sunday.

I'm sure Ulloa will be fine for this game.

Up the Foxes

This is the worst Man Utd side for almost 30 years. There is no reason why our players should have any trepidation about playing them.

Nobody is frightened about going to Huddersfield any more because they won the league 3 seasons running in the 1920s.

Understandably, people want the title wrapped up as quickly as possible and as a long term fan, i can obviously understand why. However, without Vardy, i think it's highly unlikely we'll win at Old Trafford. Anything less than a win and the title could well be decided by Chelsea and whilst great fun for them and hilarious reading the Spurs meltdown for us, it's not the best way to win it.

So, failing to win, the ideal scenario for us is to lose and Chelsea to draw leaving us 6 points in front, needing only a draw, with the chance to win it by our own efforts, in front of our own fans v Everton.

Obviously, other results take it to the Everton game but that's the ideal outcome if we can't win it outright on Sunday.

Although he was on the wing when he first came on v. Swansea, Gray was playing more central later on (after Ulloa went off?).

I can't see Claudio gambling with that in his starting selection. But it does provide another option if Ulloa and/or Okazaki and/or Mahrez don't last 90 mins.

If they don't, I'd prefer to see Gray as front man late on rather than Schlupp, who is much better covering the left flank and running from deep. Gray is very quick, like Schlupp, but looked good at timing his runs, too.

I think Ulloa's back injury has been lost among the many story lines the last few days. The only information I've been able to see online is this: http://www.setanta.com/ulloa-still-feeling-back-injury?

I'm not sure if it was Ulloa that called it a back spasm or if the journalist took some liberties in diagnosing his injury. But with Jamie Vardy suspended, and a title on the line, it will be vital to have Ulloa healthy the final 3 matches. 

What do you think Claudio will do if Ulloa is too injured to play against Manchester United? That would leave him with only one true striker in the lineup, and Okazaki has not played as the lone man up top for Leicester before. I know he has in the Bundesliga, so he is capable, but for Leicester he has only ever played in a supporting role. 

Ulloa's injury doesn't seem too serious. I expect he'll be okay for this one. I hope so, anyway. He's in very good form, and it's great to have him in the team for attacking and defending set pieces. If he does have to sit it out, then we'll have to shoehorn someone (Mahrez/King/Drinkwater) into the no.10 role behind Okazaki or play Schlupp or Gray up front with Shinji.

It still amazes me that we never strengthened our forward options in January. Just one more half-decent striker was all we needed. It's looking likely that it won't make much difference to our season now, but it could easily have been so different.

Although he was on the wing when he first came on v. Swansea, Gray was playing more central later on (after Ulloa went off?).

I can't see Claudio gambling with that in his starting selection. But it does provide another option if Ulloa and/or Okazaki and/or Mahrez don't last 90 mins.

If they don't, I'd prefer to see Gray as front man late on rather than Schlupp, who is much better covering the left flank and running from deep. Gray is very quick, like Schlupp, but looked good at timing his runs, too.

I agree. Even though Schlupp started off as a striker, I think he's much more effective as a wide midfielder.

I remember when we signed Gray, somebody (maybe himself) saying that he could play either flank or up front. He's clearly better technically than Jeff, so I think he's probably more likely to score. Schlupp isn't bad defensively, either.

If we're without Vardy and Ulloa, I'd play Schlupp on the left with Gray in Vardy's role.

Same team as Sunday for me, same changes as well. get the ball in the box ulloa Vs Blind is a mismatch Shinji there for the knock downs. Would love a win but would take a draw. I think we will win the league on Monday personally.

Archived