Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Manchester United (Away) Pre-Match Thread/Thoughts

Yep, just been offered a ticket by a Stretford End season ticket holder

im debating talking to my step brother for the first time in 3 years and saying the following:

"hi mate, i know we aint spoke in a while and i aint going a wedding...but you got 3 for the stretford end sunday?"

I just really hope we win the title on Sunday or against Everton.

The players and fans deserve to celebrate together. I won't turn my nose up to Chelsea avoiding defeat on Monday but IMO it's never the same when you win something without playing.

I know what you mean but I just want to win the title and I don't care where or how.

Guest CityFan 06

Early prediction is Man Utd 0-1 Leicester (Okazaki).

Man Utd do have a lot of quality, Rashford looks excellent and I've always liked the look of Martial - likewise on his day he looks a superb player.

Mata is good, has creativity and skill, good distribution of the ball. And of course they have an magnificent, probably world class goalkeeper in De Gea. Taking all of this into account I'm still confident we can get a result.

We've shown this season we are capable of winning at big clubs such as Man City, Spurs, and Everton.

We've also shown we excel at standing strong as a unit whenever the opposition have a period of attacking. We then utilise our attacking players with our counter attacks. It's a proven successful method of playing, certainly for Leicester anyway.

Got a feeling Okazaki will net in this one in a 0-1 victory for us.

Having to settle for the home end at Man Utd...hopefully the section i'm in is the Chinese/sticker book / day tripper bit so I wont get punched that much if we sneak a win. :whistle:

If it weren't for the fact they desperately need points for CL football I'd say they probably wouldn't be that upset.

Let us not forget there are now only one set of fans in the entire world who want us to slip up and that's those of Spurs. I think even Coventry fans want us to win it.

I think this'll end goalless and we'll win the league on Monday.

If we win this game, away at an improving Man Utd who have something to play for, without our top scorer, then not even the most ardent Spurs or Arsenal fan can deny our credentials.

Is anyone else sitting in the home end for this game?!

YES! I am - going on my own - don't know anyone I'll be sitting with (it's a mate's mate's season ticket) - and I'll be wearing my city shirt under a top I can easily remove should we win it!!!!

Yes, my son & I will be there, in the home end. Have to sit on our hands!

Which stand?

YES! I am - going on my own - don't know anyone I'll be sitting with (it's a mate's mate's season ticket) - and I'll be wearing my city shirt under a top I can easily remove should we win it!!!!

Haha risky! I just hope we sit next to city fans, I'd feel safer lol

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Don't understand why anyone thinks the situation's changed after the Spurs result.

they know for a fact that a win means its finished. done and dusted. no need to worry about the everton or chelsea game. I think the mental/physical effort we will put in now could tip the outcome in our favour.  yanited have had a busy few weeks with plenty of mental stress.

I just really hope we win the title on Sunday or against Everton.

The players and fans deserve to celebrate together. I won't turn my nose up to Chelsea avoiding defeat on Monday but IMO it's never the same when you win something without playing.

Know what your saying but I don't care how we do it lets just do it

If that means via Chelsea beating Spurs I would take that

Can't wait. Wish it was tomorrow. I hope we win it on Sunday, it will be so good to be stood in the ground that I've seen dominate the Premier League era. 

We have nothing to be frightened of. We've won at Tottenham, at West Ham, at Manchester City. 

If we're level after an hour it puts us in a little dilemma. Do we go for the win but risk losing it or settle for the point.

According to my mathematical model we are 94.5% to win the title from here.

A draw makes us 94.7% so only 0.2% better off than pre match.

A loss makes us 91.4%

I'd take a draw now to be honest but it's very marginal. 

A draw forces Tottenham to win all their matches and still gives us the option of two more draws to win the title.

The big match this coming week isn't us but Chelsea vs Tottenham.

Which stand?

Haha risky! I just hope we sit next to city fans, I'd feel safer lol

You managed to get some Stan??

I'm desperately searching through Facebook to see if any old school friends go to United lol 

I think our Man Utd connections (Schmeichel, Drinkwater, Simpson, and Schlupp) will feel that they have a point to prove come Saturday. Can see them definitely wanting to declare themselves Champions at Old Trafford, and I think the other players will want to get over the line as quickly as possible which will act as a real incentive to go for it.

You managed to get some Stan??

I'm desperately searching through Facebook to see if any old school friends go to United lol

Yeah got some a while ago through a neighbour who is good friends with the Utd chairman lol.

I do have another mate who could possibly (no guarantee!) get some tickets. You after just the one?

Hibs fan here.

Just signed up to come on and congratulate you's. Hopefully you'll do the business on Sunday at OT and win the title. As a 23 year old guy I've seen some great footballing sides growing up but nothing would beat this. This would be up there as the greatest footballing moment i've seen in my life so far. 

P.S. that Conrad Logan though. What a guy  :wub:

According to my mathematical model we are 94.5% to win the title from here.

A draw makes us 94.7% so only 0.2% better off than pre match.

A loss makes us 91.4%

I'd take a draw now to be honest but it's very marginal. 

A draw forces Tottenham to win all their matches and still gives us the option of two more draws to win the title.

The big match this coming week isn't us but Chelsea vs Tottenham.

Would you really pass up the chance to win it at Old Trafford? That's my dream scenario.

Archived