Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Manchester United (Away) Pre-Match Thread/Thoughts

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/free-t-shirt-for-fans-travelling-to-old-trafford-3085919.aspx

We could potentially win the title at Old Trafford, and all the TV cameras will pick up on during the game will be people wearing 'Forever Fearless' T-shirts :frusty:

If this makes me sound 'ungrateful', it's because I genuinely am...

lol

Just said same thing on our what's app. I don't want anything that has the word fearless on it

lol

Just said same thing on our what's app. I don't want anything that has the word fearless on it

More to the point, I don't want a free T-shirt/scarf when I go to a game and never have done. 

I know this sort of stuff comes from the right place, but let's face it, it just makes us look like a laughing stock. 

To be honest, I don't even want a free beer/food voucher - in my experience, all it does is cause ridiculous queues at the kiosks meaning some people who do actually want food don't get the chance unless they arrive half an hour before the game kicks off. 

I know this must make me sound like a miserable bastard (guilty)...but I'd rather they just didn't bother! 

More to the point, I don't want a free T-shirt/scarf when I go to a game and never have done.

I know this sort of stuff comes from the right place, but let's face it, it just makes us look like a laughing stock.

To be honest, I don't even want a free beer/food voucher - in my experience, all it does is cause ridiculous queues at the kiosks meaning some people who do actually want food don't get the chance unless they arrive half an hour before the game kicks off.

I know this must make me sound like a miserable bastard (guilty)...but I'd rather they just didn't bother!

To be for the scarves at West Brom looked good and are pretty decent to be fair.

The naff cheap T-shirts I can live without. As for the vouchers that's a decent touch from the owners. But yes I was ****ing starving at Sunderland.

Gave in and had a free beer.

Think a lot will depend on how our attacking 4 will perform as we know what we will get from the back 5 and and the two CM's. If Ulloa and Mahrez have strong games with Schlupp again playing well and Okazaki on form, I think we will be too strong for a mentally weak Man U.. 

Food & drink vouchers are great. Queues at Sunderland were awful but got myself the last burger after the game lol

Liked the scarf from WBA too.

Shirts, although the intention is right, do look a bit crap if I'm honest.

If we could beat Spurs and Manchester City away we can do the same at Old Trafford. I'm not saying we will. I've far more respect for LVG's team and tactical know-how than some. But those "fearless" shirts aren't worn for nothing. And if you want to win the Premiership you have to beat the best teams at times.      

Yes you are right...........miserable bastard.

I had to scroll past 11 threads to find this. I hope the players are more focused!

Providing the wingers and defence are on form again, I think we'll win if it Kanté and Drinky get back to their usual excellent form.

Martial and Rashford will be tough to contain. If Kanté is on the ball, however, we should edge it.

Plus, as superstitious as it, I love the stat about Shinji scoring in stadiums over 100 years old.

The atmosphere will be intense and I'm confident our away support will pick the boys up a notch or two to help them see this through. Every tingling nerve of anticipation for this game has been set in motion....head 0-1 and heart 0-3 has us winning  

Michael Oliver the ref for the game.....not on purpose of course but how would he like his name down in the history books as the ref of the match where Leicester won the title. I realize all refs are impartial and would never consciously direct a game !!! but subconsciously....he is human if you actually believe refs are human. Just thinking out loud...

Keep telling myself it will be tough because Utd are in the last chance saloon for Champions League place but then remind myself that for Man City away the opponents should have been really up for it and look what happened there. Martial looks lively and Rashford seems to be a decent finisher but we've beaten better sides, albeit with Vardy, just do our thing, nothing different, 14 players heroic performances and we'll do it.

Just rewatched the 1-1 home game. Christ Man U were dull, just passing it around defence all game.

In fairness we just sat back and didn't really commit players forward and tried to play on the counter. It was a very boring affair, bar Vardys goal. We need to press them high at all times possible, otherwise they are going to try pass us to death. Defensively that's fine for us, we love having 28% possession. But we want to win.

A high press might leave us open to the counter with Rashford & Martial running in behind. But with Kante & our full backs not venturing forward, I think we'll be ok.

High press, no sitting back this game Claudio!

Archived