Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WiFoxes

Win It For

Win it for a good friend of mine, who lost his foot due to an accident at work in December.

I know the way that we've played this season has aided his recovery. His aim was to get back into L1 with us before the end of the season (something everyone thought was too ambitious)... Just like the players, he's defied all the odds and was with us on Sunday to see us smash Swansea – stood on a blue prosthetic foot!

COYBs! One more win.

Win it for everyone.

Win it for me.  Win it for you.  Win it for the team, for the manager, for the staff and the owners.

Win it for those who are sadly no longer with us.  Win it for those who are yet to join us, win it for the future, win it for the past.

Win it for the city, the county, the whole region.

Win it for the new, the old and the present.  Win it for the long standing fans, win it for those who've watched for years.  Win it for the "plastics" the newbies and anyone else who jumped on the wagon, or the optimistic bus!

Win it for Birchenall, Weller, Banks, Shilton, Heskey, Izzet and Walsh.  Win for Gary Linekar, win it for Gary's pants!

Win it and set our names in stone forever more, add our names to history, never to be forgotten. Become the greatest story that sport has to tell

Win it for football.

It's the story that makes this sport beautiful, that makes us fans hopeless.. no, hopeful (!) romantics.

Many already feel disenfranchised after having seen money and fame hollow out the game we love.

This will go some way to restoring the beautiful and strong emotions we feel when we support 'our' team.

Win it so real football fans can cherish this moment for years and years!

Win it for Dave Gilbert

Steward down the city from the 60s, good friends with my stepdad because of the city, dave passed away suddenly in the break just after the championship season after so many years of loyal service to the club. I didn't know him for long but you could tell how much he loved this place and just wish he could have been here today

Win it for everyone who can't be here today, win it for everyone here now, win it for everyone in the future who will see how the underdogs turned football on its head and proved anything is possible

Win it for me and my fiance who will get married at the beginning of June and will use the money from my £5 bet to buy everyone at the wedding a drink on LCFC. The best year of our lives.

Win it for everyone that has invested a single bit of emotion into this great club.

I'm actually in tears writing this thinking about how much this means to me and knowing how much it means to my son and wife and every other person who feels the same as all of us.

Just win it Leicester, just win it.

Win it for my son who I started him on his way to become a loyal City supporter when he was 5 years old.

We went to Filbert Street & the King Power for many years, together we sat next to each other as STH's.

Together we went to all the Wembley  play off finals.

Then I made a stupid mistake & he no longer speaks to me. Tell him I am sorry, I love him & I am still bleeding blue blood!,

Personally:

Win it for my mum and dad, both of whom have passed away.  My dad had a trial for the club in his youth and I first lived close enough to Filbert Street to hear every time City scored, even when I was too young to go to the ground.

Generally:

Win it to drive away all the heartaches and disappointments that came with being a Leicester fan and seeing the relegations and the cup exits and replace them with the glory of the biggest achievement in English football that no-one can ever take away from us.

My dad Paul Kirk

A mad Leicester fan, for 70 years, went as a boy then as a man, had a blooming hard life being bought up without a father figure,  the CITY was his life...

He had just the one daughter me, so when I was old enough age 7, I went into the Kop, he took me all over to watch them, home and away,

sadly he passed away before he could see us triumph in the Premier League,  He would of loved Claudio, now I take his great grandchildren, 

Once your Leicester its in your blood...

And for all the fans worldwide with us now or passed on...    May they be cheering us on from up above

and for all the fans of the less infamous clubs so that they have hope in years to come..  

My Grandad who sadly passed away on Sunday evening.

Leicester supporter for 80 years but just couldn't hold on to see the end of this amazing ride. I don't believe in a higher power or anything, but I'm adamant he was stood on the WBA goal line on Monday night.

Win it for my Dad who is 73

Been battling away for months with his health and his heart stopped while in hospital about 3 weeks ago.

Has since been diagnosed with heart failure and has had a pacemaker fitted and while he's battling he's not the man he was.

Life long city fan and put the blue blood into me We know we have him on borrowed time as the stubborn old git refuses to bow out bless him and I would love us to do it so he can see it.

Gonna be lost without him and I'm blessed for every extra day he's here.

Keep fighting Dad and keep the faith.

This thread man.

Win it for my dad, some of you on here might have known him. He took me to FNF all those years ago at Filbert Street but he died 13 years ago. What he'd have given to see these last couple of years.

Win it for all those who deserve to see it but won't.

My mum and dad. Both mad City fans who have been through so much. My older brother died at the age of 12 in 1989. Throughout his life they were unable to attend any matches whilst caring for him. They were obviously devastated but my mum started returning to matches in 1993 and has been a season ticket holder with me since. Going to the City every couple of weeks gave her something to focus on and enjoy and has certainly helped over the years.

Win it for everyone who takes joy from this silly game and win it for every club that is not a corporate empty shell.

Win it for Tradition. Win it for every single drop of sweat and every single drop of rain on men and women faces while cursing the moment they fell in love with their team.

Win it for my mates dad, who lost his battle to ms last year, was a fox all of his life and brought up his 3 sons as foxes and took them to games, one of which still pays for his season ticket just so no ones else can have his seat and his brothers and family can get to games!

Win it for my other halfs granny, who is 87 and has been a fox all her life. She is Leicester mad and listens to every game on the wireless in her Leicester top and slippers as she can't make it to games. She goes mental shouting at the radio when decisions don't go our way and tells everyone to shhh if they make a slight notice while it's on.

Win it for my 3 year old girl who always get sad when I leave for the games and she can't come. Who watches match of the day in the morning with me.

Win it for football!

To think I was upset that my Grandad, the man responsible for me enduring years of heartbreak and the frustration of trying to tune in to pirated radio feeds of Ian Stringer talking nonsense from abroad, couldn't quite hang around for long enough to see us clinch promotion to the PL... it's just so cruel that in the short time since the bloke who for many years was the only person I personally knew who I could have coherent conversations about the club I love with passed, I've witnessed 3 of the most exhilarating seasons we've ever had as a club.  What the actual fuch.  Life sucks, don't even bother trying to understand it, just enjoy it while you can.

Archived