Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WiFoxes

Win It For

Hi Guys

First of all win it for all of you, the real Leicester city supporters. Just the people that were around the field when the club was 19° or 22° on the Championship league.

All the football world now is watching and supporting Leicester with his fantastic sport story  and now seem that a half of the world is  a Leicester support despite three years ago they did not even knew the existence.

You are entering in a small but so important club, the club of the supporter of small team that became a sport legend winning the First league in one of the mayor League in Europe.

It's too easy now be a Leicester fan, like is usually so easy to support Barcellona, Juventus, Bayer, Manchester U. etc etc .

Be Proud of your team, who defeated the premier Battleships that spent 5-6 times your budgets, Be proud of your Manager , a gentleman that now that is a winner remain a gentleman even he was attacked from all the sides in the past ( doesn't matter for the important results that he reached), of course he will have a strong deep feeling.

But

Win it  for you, that you walked hand in hand with your club  for all these years 

Win it for you as we did 26 years ago 

Hi Guys

First of all win it for all of you, the real Leicester city supporters. Just the people that were around the field when the club was 19° or 22° on the Championship league.

All the football world now is watching and supporting Leicester with his fantastic sport story  and now seem that a half of the world is  a Leicester support despite three years ago they did not even knew the existence.

You are entering in a small but so important club, the club of the supporter of small team that became a sport legend winning the First league in one of the mayor League in Europe.

It's too easy now be a Leicester fan, like is usually so easy to support Barcellona, Juventus, Bayer, Manchester U. etc etc .

Be Proud of your team, who defeated the premier Battleships that spent 5-6 times your budgets, Be proud of your Manager , a gentleman that now that is a winner remain a gentleman even he was attacked from all the sides in the past ( doesn't matter for the important results that he reached), of course he will have a strong deep feeling.

But

Win it  for you, that you walked hand in hand with your club  for all these years 

Win it for you as we did 26 years ago 

:scarf:  :claudio:

Win it for my Dad who introduced me to the club, and has attended every home game with me for countless years. He's helped me out financially with season tickets (etc), and without him I wouldn't have been able to support the club how I have - if at all.

Win it for my Grandad who introduced my Dad to the club, and who now sadly suffers from dementia so probably won't understand just how incredible this is.

Win it for all of the friends I've made on here and from following the club around the country. We've had some really, really shit times. I'll never forget the looks of despair at the Britannia, Cardiff City Stadium, and Vicarage Road. Who cares now? Who knew?

And more than anything, win it for my two young sons. My youngest was born the day that we lost at Spurs (4-3) last season, six weeks early just as I was set to leave for WHL. It didn't look like he'd survive, but he did - just like we did. We've lost 4 (FOUR) league games since that day. I can't wait to show them the videos, photos, and newspaper cuttings from this season. I'm just gutted this wasn't a few years later so that they could share it with me.

I am not a Leicester supporter but I am watching this all unfold from the other side of the planet and I can't help but be captivated by the whole story. Leicester City doesn't even rate a mention with most Aussie football fans but your team this year has captured our imagination. 

I understand the passion, having a very strong connection to my rugby league team here. Like me, your team is as much as your life as your family, they are an extension and for the true Leicester supporter, I doubt you could truly explain why it means what it means. It just does and there is nothing more powerful than that feeling in your soul.  

I am cheering your boys on loud and hard. This ride you are on may never happen again but live in the moment. You have been given a gift to dare to dream.....reality is possibly 90 minutes away and your lives will never, ever be the same again. I remember when my team won the championship for the first time after being the whipping boys of the NRL for so many years. All of a sudden, those taunts from others supporters, those doubts as to why you support who you support and not one of the glamour clubs, they mean nothing and everything. The vindication of your loyalty means everything. You are the champions and everyone looks up to you, not the other way around.

I hope your boys win it for the players, managers and club officials that have gone before them. I hope your boys win it for a fantastic competition in the English Premier League. I hope your boys win it for themselves but above all, i hope your boys win it for you. Without you, there is no Leicester City.

When your boys finish this job, this will change your life. Stay composed but lose your mind, you will never be the same again.

Go you Foxes!

What a lovely yet heartbreaking thread this is.

Do it for my dad, who took me down to Filbert Street in the cold to watch a reserve team match to test if I could hack it, and we have been going ever since, And do it for his dad too, who unfortunately hasn't been with us for a while. I suppose he was quite fortunate that he passed away during the early Peter Taylor years, so he didn't have to put up with the years of torment that I have been brought up on. I remember one day going to his house after another drab defeat and he told me many a story about Arthur Rowley and Arthur Chandler and that Akinbiyi wasn't fit to lace their boots. He was definitely right about that, but I reckon right now we have 11 blokes who would have made him proud and maybe live up tp the standards of his heroes Rowley & Chandler. 

I am not a Leicester supporter but I am watching this all unfold from the other side of the planet and I can't help but be captivated by the whole story. Leicester City doesn't even rate a mention with most Aussie football fans but your team this year has captured our imagination. 

I understand the passion, having a very strong connection to my rugby league team here. Like me, your team is as much as your life as your family, they are an extension and for the true Leicester supporter, I doubt you could truly explain why it means what it means. It just does and there is nothing more powerful than that feeling in your soul.  

I am cheering your boys on loud and hard. This ride you are on may never happen again but live in the moment. You have been given a gift to dare to dream.....reality is possibly 90 minutes away and your lives will never, ever be the same again. I remember when my team one the championship for the first time after being the whipping boys of the NRL for so many years. All of a sudden, those taunts from others supporters, those doubts as to why you support who you support and not one of the glamour clubs, they mean nothing and everything. The vindication of your loyalty means everything. You are the champions and everyone looks up to you, not the other way around.

I hope your boys win it for the players, managers and club officials that have gone before them. I hope your boys win it for a fantastic competition in the English Premier League. I hope your boys win it for themselves but above all, i hope your boys win it for you. Without you, there is no Leicester City.

When your boys finish this job, this will change your life. Stay composed but lose your mind, you will never be the same again.

Go you Foxes!

South Sydney?

wow, this thread.. right in the feels.

For me, boys do this for my dad. He has had a rough few years since i moved away, and as a life long blue he deserves this for all the years of hurt and financial strife both of the club and for him. Took me to my fist game in the late 80's and I was hooked. we never had much money, but he took me when he could, and we managed wembley a couple of times, and Hillsborough. the tears and the joy. the bad beats and the victories. I always counted myself lucky to be a blue, having seen at least some modest success with MON, but this is just beyond my wildest dreams. Do it for us, do it for each other, and do it for all.

Al these stories of peoples dads who they wish could be there with them has honestly got me welling up, and im now trying to get back and get a ticket to everton just so I can be there with my dad. Unfortunately too late i fear, but he knows I will be there in spirit if nothing else. Anyway, lets get this over the line, and I hope each and everyone of you enjoy every second of it. you deserve it.

... C'mon City .... Win it for my grandad -Tom 'Geordie' Russell, a very long time serving steward at Filbert Street who always took me as a kid and taught me the values of grace in defeat and joy at winning ... I have loved the City all my life and attending the new stadium still makes me think of my grandad even though he didn't live to see the new ground, but I know he would have approved.

Haha, cheers :) does someone know who I am?

You know, I only realised the other day that the Argentinian bloke with long hair in your signature picture is Pochettino! He's the guy who gave away the penalty in that game, don't know how I came across it, and it's not that relevant to this thread, but it's quite topical  :thumbup:

What an excellent thread.

Win it for my brother. Who made me become a Leicester fan otherwise he would beat me up lol

Win it for Steve Claridge. Who's beautiful shin turned me into a die hard fan.

Win it for my son. Since he came into my life Leicester have been nothing short of brilliant. He was born just before that incredible run in the Championship. Championship win, Great escape and now the edge of greatness. I dream that he will overcome his difficulties and kick a ball in the garden with me one day.

Most importantly. Win it for all the Leicester fans who sadly aren't with us anymore.

:scarf:  :scarf:

This is fast becoming the most exciting highest achieving season in my 50 years and also the saddest and most heartfelt one.

I don't know whether to smile :D  or cry :cry: .

Suffice to say just Win It!

This is fast becoming the most exciting highest achieving season in my 50 years and also the saddest and most heartfelt one.

I don't know whether to smile :D  or cry :cry: .

Suffice to say just Win It!

ive been close to tears after the wins against Sunderland and Swansea. I will most certainly cry my little heart out if we win it

Win it for my Dad. We are losing him to Dementia and very quickly. Thankfully The City still spark something inside of him and every week our visits involve reliving the game and for a short time we are Dad & Lad again. Let's finish the job so I get to tell him we are Champions

ive been close to tears after the wins against Sunderland and Swansea. I will most certainly cry my little heart out if we win it

I'm gonna sob like a baby if we win it.  Like you I've been close to tears a few times already, none more so than when we got the penalty against West Ham!  Even hearing things on the radio about us etc makes me emotional.

After reading this thread, it's more likely than ever to happen just in a moment when I see a video or hear them talking about us on the radio.  Football means so much to so many, I knew people that followed Leicester for life but are no longer with us and it makes me sad to know that they aren't around to witness it.

My uncle, who is still with us, is not around to take it all in because he's in Australia.  He's the reason I'm a Leicester fan, and although I can share this with him, it's not the same.  He's coming over in July for my wedding, so hopefully we'll have late celebrations.

Win it for all overseas Foxes who dedicate themselves to this wonderful Club. Some of who wake up in the middle of the night just to watch their beloved team. 

I'm only as far away as Denmark and been fortunate enough to experience the stadium and the atmosphere in the flesh a few times this season. It will stick with me forever. I know some people that live on the other side of the World and who don't have the possibility of experiencing it all live, so win it for them and let them parade our badge in their cities.  :scarf:

Amazing thread.

Win it for my three-year-old, who is beginning to show his first signs of supporting Leicester.

This could be the greatest season that the city of Leicester ever sees. In twenty years time, I could be telling him about the day that our unlikely heroes paraded the Premier League trophy through the city; and how he was there for the greatest moment in our history.

Like every club, it should be built to pass on to the next generation. This time, the next generation can certainly inherit something remarkably special.

FxxxS sake as it would be haunting us to the grave if it got away now.

All the cold wet days and nights watching dross in the championship.

All the miles covered in the name of our team

Any one who believes the unthinkable can happen for their team

Win it for Courtney and Ron who can no longer get tickets to games 

Just win it because you can   COYB

Win it for Mr Abson.

My Science teacher and most importantly junior school football coach.

Took our whole team to watch our first Leicester city match back in 1978. Will never forget seeing that pitch at Filbert street for the first time.

Cheers sir!!!

Oh and the fans, especially the away fans.......awesome!

COYB!!!!!!!

Archived