Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WiFoxes

Win It For

Win it for the hardy 8000+ who turned up during the 80's when we had no money, no hope and had to endure the selling of our best players to balance the books. Trekking up and down the country knowing we were going to lose but still went anyway. Winning a title was an impossible dream to us even before money ruined the game.

Win it for every fan of every club outside of the usual suspects who've endured the same and still do to show them that things change and there is still hope that one day it could be them.

And win it for every fan who sadly didn't make it to see the impossible dream become a reality.

Win it for all the lifelong Leicester fans who have sadly passed away in recent years. Those who waited their whole lives for this moment but sadly fell at the last hurdle.

My grandma was one of these. We lost her just before we got promoted back to the Premier League. I know she would have still been down the King Power every single week if she was still with us.

She is looking down on us along with all of our lost fans. Win it for them.

win it for my grandparents who sadly both succumed to cancer a few years ago (my grandad a decade ago now.) they both followed leicester and my grandad used to take my dad to games back in the day. All he remembers of it is pen 2 and having coins thrown at him from chelsea fans. they would both love this moment and i wish they were still here to see it. I miss them every day in some way.

win it for my little girl who is now a massive leicester fan. she has had a shirt with her name and age on the back since the year she was born and started to really follow football only 3 seasons ago when she got a poster of "championes" from the mercury and asked me to put it on her wall. She has all the posters from the programmes in her room and her favourite player is okazaki.....that in itself shook me!

win it for my father in law who 23 years ago had a nervous breakdown and has not left the house since. for his 50th in december we got him a signed leicester shirt from the year we won the championship and i saw a grown man cry for the first time. he has every ritual down to where his shirt has to go and has banned us both from the house since last time we went to watch a game with him was liverpool on boxing day! we love him so much we have decided if we get married we will do it at the KP just so he can finally get there in some way shape or form.

win it for my other grandparents who i have made sick with worry travelling the length of the country to watch us play. every time i go an away game my grandma is worried im going to get hurt but always come back fine!

Win it for everyone, and by god you deserve it!

Win it for my Dad, who died at 91 three years ago. He went with me at 13 on the cup run to Wembley in 69. He could only get us tickets in the away end at the semi final at Sheffield. Pretty much risked his life to get me to that game.....lol.

Then we went to the final against Man City. Although we lost it was still the best ever day I spent with my Dad.

He would have loved to witness this season and I would give just about anything to have shared it with him.

My wonderful wife and I travelled from our home on Maui in Hawaii for the Swansea game, priceless to be there in the stadium. Thankyou to the lovely fans who we sat amongst in A2. Writing this sitting waiting for our flight back at Heathrow.

post-23120-0-15841500-1461656856_thumb.j

Win it for the believers and the eternal pessimists and everyone in between.

Win it for the feeling it will give us all for the rest of our lives, waking up every day knowing we have seen our team win the league.

Win it for everyone who's ever cared about this team so much they're shaking uncontrollably during matches that affect our league position or cup runs.

Win it for yourselves because you deserve it.

Win it for glenelgfox.

Win it for ilam.

Win it for Plymouth away no shots on target.

Win it for Stoke in 2008.

Win it for the endless defeats at Forest.

Win it for Claudio, and for Nigel, and for anyone else who's ever tried their best for our football club.

Win it for all of us.

Win it for the team. They 've come a long way and defied all odds.

Win it for the manager, because he's helped making that miracle come true with his wit, charm and meticulousness.

Win it for the previous manager, because he installed that work ethic and team spirit in the first place and signed most of these players.

Win it for us. We've been through thick and thin following this club, from the shady days of the Championship to the lowest of lows in League One.

Win it for the owners, for they have laid the financial foundations and given back quite a bit of appreciation to the fans in return for the constant, enthusiastic and loud support.

Win it for the Thai monks. Bless you.

Win it for all the ones that were here before us, who lived through joy and agony in the past 132 years of the Fosse's and City's existence.

Win it for football, because our current run proves that IT CAN BE DONE on a comparatively shoestring budget - our success gives hope across the globe that other so-called "small" clubs can get to the top one day.

Win it for the London rags, because it'll make them look so stupid comes May.

Win it for Mr. Skeffington (aka glenelgfox), who passed away too early and sadly can't witness the end of the season finale in person anymore. R.I.P.

Win it for all the LCFC fans who also shared glenelgfox's fate.

Win it for all the glory hunters of the big club (yes, I know I ought to be gracious in triumph as well as in defeat, but I can't help myself), for they are exposed for the frauds they are.

Win it for Richard III. (too cheesy?)

Win it for Gary Lineker. Pants.

Win it for every Leicester fan, player and manager both past and present. You are the reason we are in the position we are with the history we have an without it this would not feel so incredible. 

For the fallen who are unable to witness this along side us.

For the present who never thought we'd have a club or  grace the Premier League again, let alone challenge and potentially win this.

For the fans of the future who have multiple generations of witnesses to tell them about the magical Ranieri, impassable back line, the midfield who had flair, power, precision and heart, and a strike force of heroes.

C'mon boys! Win it for football, for sport, for all the rejects cast aside as 'not good enough'.

Everyone.

There are 30 clubs like us, I hope this gives every single one of them the belief they can smash the top four and achieve the impossible, I hope every player who is written off looks at Vardy, Albrighton, Simpson and thinks that could be them one.

Win it for my grandad.

An Irishman who supported Leicester and moved here as it was as good as any place in England if your team are nearby.

My Mum always said he hated Tottenham & Arsenal with a passion which is quite fitting right now.

Win it for the local boozers profit margins.

Win it for all my friends I have met from this forum. Who I have seen week in week out for the last 10 years thanks to this great club. Christ there have been some shite times following this club, but we've always had a laugh. To win it and enjoy it with those same lads, would be everything to me.

Win it for all the young kids who regardless of how well we were doing persevered wearing their City shirts to school and to play football in.

Win it for the people who saved this club when it was on its arse.

Win it for my late Dad and Grandad. They stood at the FA Cup semi final in 1949, sing "Poor old Pompey", to the tune of the Pompey chimes.

Win it coz we've all been waiting for this moment for 132 years.

Win it for all the times we stood freezing on those exposed, wet terraces.

Win it for every time I had to put up with the 'joke' that, following relegation from the Championship, Leicester had made a new signing... "Lee Gwon"

You mean like this one of mine from 2008

post-72-0-54569100-1461667423_thumb.jpg

Win it for Tom Bedford who died aged 16 watching city v Spurs cup replay

Win it for Ian Midgely.

Win it for the fallen fox who had a heart attack after the Newcastle game.

Also win it for Jack Patrick who died aged 20 last year.

Oh my word, this is an emotional thread. When it happens i will cry proper tears. Win it for us all, we've all stood behind this club of ours, and never have any of us ever experienced this. Never have we ever expected this, who are we to have such high expectations? Win for the team, such togetherness. Win it for Claudio, a beautiful human spirit. Win it for Nigel, he knitted the spirit together. Win it for Wes, who knew he was such a giant? Win it for the non league players who dare to dream and work as hard as they can. Win it for Shaky and Walsh, they've stuck with us. Win it for my grandad, my dad and my family. We're besotted with this team and i'll never ask anything more of them, what is about to happen can never be taken from us  :P

Another one willing to win it for my late dad.

A man who spent his teenage years and early 20's in the 1970's following City. A man who, because of me and my sister, didn't go to any of the Wembley finals in the 90's. In fact, he recorded the 1993 playoff final to take us to Drayton Manor instead. A man who introduced me to Leicester City in an era where I could easily have been swayed by friends supporting the giants.

Most of all win it for a man who I watched suffer as his illness slowly took hold of him. When I wasn't a coward and went to see him at the hospital, the only thing stopping me from breaking down was talking to him about Leicester, telling him about this new signing "Anthony Knockaert." Without him I wouldn't have lived any of what I have. The best memories, the lowest footballing ebbs and the most satisfying victories. He is the reason I am writing this post, he is the reason why Sunday might be the best day I've ever experienced.

Archived