Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Chelsea v Tottenham

I don't think I'm going to watch. Going round to see the girlfriend for a quiet night in.

I don't live in Leicester and all my mates support different teams, they're dying for me to go to the pub with them to watch it and have a big celebration.

I'm just going to avoid it till 10 o'clock tonight.

Am I mad?

Those saying Chelsea will roll over for us if it stops spurs winning the title are deluded. These are professional footballers and will try to win regardless. 

When Blackburn won the title everyone said Liverpool would roll over to stop United winning the title as they hate each other and look what happened. Liverpool beat Blackburn but luckily West ham drew with United to hand the title to Blackburn. Liverpool were prepared to give United the title the same as Chelsea will Spurs if it means they win the game. What we need to hope for is Chelsea do the business tonight then it is all academic.

Der der der der..

Der der der der der..

Der der der..

Der der der der der..

Der der..

Der der.. Der der..

Der der der der der der der..

IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

(3 large and two small please Rachel...)

Those saying Chelsea will roll over for us if it stops spurs winning the title are deluded. These are professional footballers and will try to win regardless. 

When Blackburn won the title everyone said Liverpool would roll over to stop United winning the title as they hate each other and look what happened. Liverpool beat Blackburn but luckily West ham drew with United to hand the title to Blackburn. Liverpool were prepared to give United the title the same as Chelsea will Spurs if it means they win the game. What we need to hope for is Chelsea do the business tonight then it is all academic.

Looking at the 1994/95 table it looks like Liverpool were still possibly playing for a European place in that final game of the season, bit different to now.

Ah no looking again looks like they had already qualified, anyway that was Liverpool. This is Chelsea, stopping Spurs winning the league is the highlight of their season.

I did want it confirming at a game but I've caved in. It's got to be tonight. I've said it would be all week after two draws but I still think even at eight points clear we can't afford to be picky. Chelsea & Everton, whilst both very underwhelming this season, still have players who've got the quality to punish you in an instant. Given this season's form it's highly unlikely but it really isn't inconceivable that we draw with Everton and lose at Chelsea.

Come on Chelsea.

The problem with the "real" Chelsea argument is that it's akin to saying that they haven't been showing the "real" Chelsea all season. They have a laundry list of issues. The other problem is that the "real" Spurs, even without Alli, are still a pretty damn good side.

That said,  West Brom are shite and Spurs couldn't get it done against them, so...here's to the Blues! 

Think Spurs are still the better side and Kane will score at some stage, hopefully the atmosphere and rivalry will help Chelsea, predicting 1-1 if everyone stays on pitch. Can't believe I'm a Chelsea fan for the night (hatred would be putting it mildly) although I do rate William.

Think Spurs are still the better side and Kane will score at some stage, hopefully the atmosphere and rivalry will help Chelsea, predicting 1-1 if everyone stays on pitch. Can't believe I'm a Chelsea fan for the night (hatred would be putting it mildly) although I do rate William.

yeah, he was devastating against us last year during the Great Escape

They are not the same team without Ali. 2 of their 4 loses were when Deli did not play that much and they also drew twice with the only wins against Watford and Norwich.

Son Heing Min is significantly worse.

When Ali doesn't play there's a 4/6 chance of a loss/draw. Probably is even greater versus a mid to top table team.

Looking at the Chelsea forum, even though they all want to stop Spurs they don't want their team to roll over against us.  The common theme is that to throw a game would be an insult to the badge.  

If the fans don't want it you can bet the players won't.  

Archived