Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Chelsea v Tottenham

I think the people who are saying they want Spurs to win are being misunderstood - cos I am one of them - what we are trying to say is we want Spurs to win tonight, but only as long as we win on Saturday against Everton. The obvious reasons are winning the league at home infront of 30,000 Leicester fans, how amazing the atmosphere would be!

The problem is that games in title races aren't won on that kind of proviso. If Spurs win tonight they may well go on and win all three. If we don't beat Everton - and we could go into the final two games with no Drinkwater or Huth - then come Saturday evening the talk will be of a genuine final-day title decider, for which all sorts of pressure will be put on Chelsea to demonstrate that they're good pros who won't let Leicester walk away with the title.

When there's a chance, you gladly accept it or it may not come around again. If Spurs win tonight, the chances of us completing the dream are reduced significantly. Yes, we're still the favourites, but if we win the title it will depend on us picking up two or more points from two very tricky games. Now I'll believe we can do that, but why suddenly support our rivals? It just strikes me that it's not the done thing in any competitive sport.

good to know but i was thinking since chelsea have nothing to play for will they be up for a scrap or will the opportunity to end spurs title hopes be enough motivation?

Plenty of our players this week have been hyping up this game mentioning how much they don't want Spurs to win the league. Only one who hasn't really is Costa who lets be honest, doesn't really need to.

Plenty of our players this week have been hyping up this game mentioning how much they don't want Spurs to win the league. Only one who hasn't really is Costa who lets be honest, doesn't really need to.

I wonder if some of this might work against you/us. And my sincere hope is that Spurs don't get ahead in the game and Chelsea decide that, actually, they're not all that worried about this title-deciding nonsense after all. It could go either way, I suppose.

Still can't seem to get the point across - in other words, if someone came up to you today and said you've got two possible futures ahead of you

A) Spurs beat Chelsea and we beat Everton on Saturday and we win the league infront of all our fans or

B) Chelsea beat Spurs and we win it tonight with Leicester fans watching on the telly.

I'd take (A)... that's all I'm saying.

But those aren't the only two options, are they?

If you're a Leicester fan cheering on Spurs tonight, then you're setting yourself up for this season to blow up in your face.

We've got to get 2 more points without DD, and maybe Huth, as well. We're far from guaranteed to beat Everton or Chelsea.

I'm desperately hoping that Spurs drop points asap, because I'd hate it if we had to get a result at Stamford Bridge.

All this doom and gloom. We beat Everton at Everton without Huth and King is an excellent replacement for DD. I know which position I'd rather be in at the moment and it ain't Spurs. Even if they win tonight they've still 2 very difficult fixtures left, playing teams who have something to fight for. We've got, in comparison, 2 easier fixtures and remember 2 draws are enough against teams who have little to play for. Don't get me wrong, I' m still nervous and want it done ASAP.

I want this done as soon as possible. Until Swansea last week I couldn't remember the last time I wasn't nervous at half time. I've enjoyed games far more when we were mid table in the Championship. If I'd been asked this time last year if I'd be happy if we won the league whilst not playing, once I'd stopped laughing I would have said are you mad? Of course I would. It's not done yet, and at the moment I'd be happy to win it while I'm asleep tbh, just want it so much, and I want it over with.

Is it a sell out CFCFAN1?

Is the hatred still as vitriolic and intense amongst the fans?

Chelsea fans were lighting flares and holding up banners outside the Chelsea training ground stating something like they're the 'number one team in London' - to gee up the players yesterday. So, I think it's fair to say the players / fans / atmosphere will be 100% fired up for this. As long as Guus picks the right team, this will be a home win. They are a phenomenal team who's mindset went this season - but they're bloody up for this one. Spurs will be intimidated. They have to go there and WIN - not scrape a draw. Just can't see them doing that.

Spurs have been unreal at times this year - but I think there's a lot to be said about their desire mixed with their player's bond - that's actually intimidated a lot of the teams they've come up against. That definitely will not happen tonight. JT and Cahill are fit, I believe, and you can imagine JT's team talk for this one. Not that it'll be needed. I expect Spurs to lose.

Is it just me that will feel a slight bit of disappointment if this magical season see's us crowned whilst sat on the sofa, at 10pm on Bank Holiday Monday, having not played and unable to really celebrate as it's back to work tomorrow for the majority of fans?

Yes it's just you

Come on ginge lets just win the thing

Come on Chelsea tonight please do us a favour and beat Spurs

Up the Foxes

All these records mean jack. Chelsea have always been the better side over the years. Not this year. However, Chelsea and their fans will be well up for this and I hope that's enough to seal the deal tonight

Was about to say the same thing. This season we've won at places we haven't won at for years... Upton Park, St James' Park etc.

Spurs are a much better side than Chelsea.

Chelsea have as-good a side player for player, just had an utterly atrocious season for a number of reasons. Without Alli...they lose a certain pace and tempo. Mix that with the big chelsea players really really wanting this - then I can't see Spurs rocking up and winning. Just can't see it. A draw maybe, but not a win.

Is it a sell out CFCFAN1?

Is the hatred still as vitriolic and intense amongst the fans?

It's a sell out!

We absolutely despise one another, as I said before on here. If it came down to the last day, there is no way on earth we would let Spurs win the league.

It's a sell out!

We absolutely despise one another, as I said before on here. If it came down to the last day, there is no way on earth we would let Spurs win the league.

I'm confident the title will be ours after tonight.....good luck :)

Archived