Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Chelsea v Tottenham

I dont know why but I woke up this morning and all of a sudden I really have a bad feeling about this game and now have this feeling that Spurs are gonna do chelsea

I'm with you mate. I was fine yesterday. It may be the lager blues, but I'm not confident about tonight. Spurs had a blip last week, much like we've done a couple of times this season, and we've come back stronger. The dislike I've developed for spurs over the last few months does nothing to mask the fact that they are a very good side.

The only thing we have in our favour is that they have to treat every game like a cup final, they have to go for the win. If it's 0-0 with 10 minutes left then they have to throw everything at it and could get caught out. I can see either an early goal from spurs or a last minute winner.

I'm with you mate. I was fine yesterday. It may be the lager blues, but I'm not confident about tonight. Spurs had a blip last week, much like we've done a couple of times this season, and we've come back stronger. The dislike I've developed for spurs over the last few months does nothing to mask the fact that they are a very good side.

The only thing we have in our favour is that they have to treat every game like a cup final, they have to go for the win. If it's 0-0 with 10 minutes left then they have to throw everything at it and could get caught out. I can see either an early goal from spurs or a last minute winner.

I've got to take the missus to work at 2 then im getting back on it ready for tonight, might calm the nerves a bit! 

why not its a BH after all!

Bar the City game, we've actually been quite good at getting back into games. Costa vs United, JT vs Everton etc...

good to know but i was thinking since chelsea have nothing to play for will they be up for a scrap or will the opportunity to end spurs title hopes be enough motivation?

Just reading this thread and surprised to see so much dislike to Spurs and their fans from Leicester.

Thought that was just from us and Arsenal! :-D

Nah, everyone hates Tottenham mate

EDIT. In seriousness there is a lot to appreciate about the current Spurs team. They have a great side and some good young English players. I think what has got up a lot of people's noses round here is the sense of entitlement from some fans and the assertion that Spurs are better than Leicester, even if they don't beat us in the title race. We are just a bunch of long ball, racist drug cheating scumbags to them. Sort of like Wimbledon, but on drugs.

Who knows, they could still do it (but I bloody hope not).

Is it just me that will feel a slight bit of disappointment if this magical season see's us crowned whilst sat on the sofa, at 10pm on Bank Holiday Monday, having not played and unable to really celebrate as it's back to work tomorrow for the majority of fans?

Is it just me that will feel a slight bit of disappointment if this magical season see's us crowned whilst sat on the sofa, at 10pm on Bank Holiday Monday, having not played and unable to really celebrate as it's back to work tomorrow for the majority of fans?

Slightly but I just want it over and done with to be honest

Mate, think of it like a boxer. The fight is close, we're in the 10th round and if Chelsea win tonight then basically the ref sends you back to your corner and stops the fight. But you want to go out for the 11th and 12th rounds knowing you can probably knock him out but you never know?

I don't care how it comes. I just want it over

Not after the title had been decided no. If we won the League I couldn't care less who was second as I would be too busy celebrating. Obviously you don't want us to win tonight but then why do some of your fans then want us to lose other games after that if we don't win tonight?

I suppose the answer to that question is rather obvious, isn't it?

Guest LCFC_World

Just want this over with. I want to go in to the Everton game as champions.

I'm not holding my breath for tonight's game. Chelsea have done a lot of talking ahead of this and it's clear that, for Spurs, it's all or nothing. Chelsea are poor at home, their current form isn't great; Spurs' current form is great and they have all sorts of points to prove - to Chelsea, to Leicester, to their fans that they can win at Stamford Bridge - so  I'm working on the principle that we'll be facing our own critical game at the weekend.

If something goes our way before that - or after in the Southampton game - then that's amazing (I still can't believe that 30% of people in the Mercury poll said they want Spurs to win tonight so we can do it on our own turf... it's madness; there's no guarantee that we will). But I hope people don't feel the tide is turning against us if Spurs win tonight, regardless of how they might go about it. We'd still be in a dream position, it'd just be yet another reminder that it's not a foregone conclusion that we end up as Champions. How it happens, if it happens for us, doesn't matter though. I'd take a thoroughly immoral display by Costa, a controversial penalty on Saturday, Sunday, whatever.

I'm not holding my breath for tonight's game. Chelsea have done a lot of talking ahead of this and it's clear that, for Spurs, it's all or nothing. Chelsea are poor at home, their current form isn't great; Spurs' current form is great and they have all sorts of points to prove - to Chelsea, to Leicester, to their fans that they can win at Stamford Bridge - so  I'm working on the principle that we'll be facing our own critical game at the weekend.

If something goes our way before that - or after in the Southampton game - then that's amazing (I still can't believe that 30% of people in the Mercury poll said they want Spurs to win tonight so we can do it on our own turf... it's madness; there's no guarantee that we will). But I hope people don't feel the tide is turning against us if Spurs win tonight, regardless of how they might go about it. We'd still be in a dream position, it'd just be yet another reminder that it's not a foregone conclusion that we end up as Champions. How it happens, if it happens for us, doesn't matter though. I'd take a thoroughly immoral display by Costa, a controversial penalty on Saturday, Sunday, whatever.

Spurs haven't won at the Bridge since 1990!

There record against Chelsea is piss poor, yes granted this Chelsea team have performed below their standard but they will cause Spurs problems reckon this game will end in a draw

Chelsea have only won once at home since Christmas. Mind you they've only lost one. They like a draw, which will do for us of course. Spurs are better than Chelsea. All of hich should serve to remind us that this won't necessarily go our way.

That said, I do think Pochettino may have a job getting his players properly up for this. They'll want to win, obviously. But they looked destroyed after the West Brom match. And Stamford Bridge will be a very hostile atmosphere for them.

I'm going to be a bag of nerves. A couple of early Chelsea goals would be nice.

There record against Chelsea is piss poor, yes granted this Chelsea team have performed below their standard but they will cause Spurs problems reckon this game will end in a draw

I always thing "x haven't beaten y since zzzz" statistics are meaningless. What does a defeat at the Bridge in 1994 have to do with tonight?

I don't believe we have ever had a match, that didn't have us involved, that was so important to us. Tonight, we are Chelsea, and I believe the match will be a draw.

Come on Chelsea, let's see Spurs off.

Sheffield United/Southampton?

I think the people who are saying they want Spurs to win are being misunderstood - cos I am one of them - what we are trying to say is we want Spurs to win tonight, but only as long as we win on Saturday against Everton. The obvious reasons are winning the league at home infront of 30,000 Leicester fans, how amazing the atmosphere would be!

I think the people who are saying they want Spurs to win are being misunderstood - cos I am one of them - what we are trying to say is we want Spurs to win tonight, but only as long as we win on Saturday against Everton. The obvious reasons are winning the league at home infront of 30,000 Leicester fans, how amazing the atmosphere would be!

And then what happens when we don't win. I can't see the logic of not wanting to wrap this up at all. Everton will still be a party but the ridiculous stress levels will be gone

And then what happens when we don't win. I can't see the logic of not wanting to wrap this up at all. Everton will still be a party but the ridiculous stress levels will be gone

Still can't seem to get the point across - in other words, if someone came up to you today and said you've got two possible futures ahead of you

A) Spurs beat Chelsea and we beat Everton on Saturday and we win the league infront of all our fans or

B) Chelsea beat Spurs and we win it tonight with Leicester fans watching on the telly.

I'd take (A)... that's all I'm saying.

I massively hope you're right, though I've never been convinced that records like that count for much. This is the best Spurs side since 1990 and even without Alli they can put Chelsea to the sword if their heads are still in the right place. If they overcome a record like that, put the pressure on Leicester to stop it going to the last game of the season, and we subsequently get hit with a ban for Huth and the prospect of a 35 year-old in defence then the papers will be full of how Spurs can still go on and do it. There'll be talk of 'further twists' and indiscipline being a sign of us bottling it.

I don't think any of that matters especially - after all we beat Everton 3-2 with Wasilewski in for Huth and King in for Drinkwater back in December, and the margin should have been greater - but I hope we don't all feel the world's caving in on us in the event of a Spurs win tonight. Panic is the most likely cause of us throwing it all away now, and if anyone's panicking because they thought it was all a done deal then that would be almost as daft as the people who think it's a done deal and therefore want Spurs to win so we can have an even more joyous Saturday evening. Which may never happen.

I'd love Spurs to slip-up. We've had major moments in our history play out in games that we haven't featured in, and at the top of leagues it's as common, if not more so, than winning something in your own game. It's part and parcel, especially in the TV era (though Clough also had to wait to find out whether Derby won the title or not - they finished the season a game or two before their rivals). If this is how the moment comes, then I'll just be grateful that the moment has come. But regardless of that, I hope the focus remains on what we can affect.

Spurs hadn't beaten United for around the same time and they still did. Records mean nothing. Spurs will be seriously fired up to win this not just because of the title but more in response to hazard, fabregas and others saying how they want to end their title challenge. This will be tight but unfortunately I see Spurs winning it.

Archived