Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jace

What game was it you started to believe we could win the Premier League this season?

Here's another one... what about when Fergie said we could? When the man who has won it 13 times says you're a contender, you're a contender.

Good shout actually, I think thats when I started telling other people we could. Got a few arguments from it too

Chelsea for me as well. Vardy and Mahrez dismantling reigning champions' defense and Ranieri sealing the fate of Special One with a cold hug. I thought, this is the stuff the dreams are made of... This is the dream team and Claudio is the dreamweaver. 

Ditto, but it ain't done yet.

Man City away.

We scored very early - plenty of time for Man City to get back into it but after 30 mins or so I thought there is no way we are going to lose this.

I was also very confident after we drew 1-1 at Arsenal. I say drew because we basically did before Marcin's mad moment! 

Ranieri's attitute and demeanour after that game was tremendous also.

Chelsea for me as well. Vardy and Mahrez dismantling reigning champions' defense and Ranieri sealing the fate of Special One with a cold hug. I thought, this is the stuff the dreams are made of... This is the dream team and Claudio is the dreamweaver. 

did you really think that? :crylaugh:

I was dreading the match at Goodison as we've generally been pretty poor there even though in the past 2 seasons they have been well below par.

In terms of a professional ruthless and no nonsense performance to make you think they could really do it the BOOOF

Header at WHL did it for me

I thought we could win it when we beat Chelsea. That's when I stuck a bet on us at 100-1. It was on the back of a couple of 3-0 away wins and the Man Utd fixture where we were clearly a better side than them. The Chelsea match was a complete performance really, very impressive.

I was convinced top 4 was in the bag after winning at Tottenham.

After Man City away, I thought we were worthy favourites and have done since.

Last week I was getting a bit worried with the way Spurs were playing and the Vardy suspension but now I think we'll win it. Still need to get the job done though and they aren't easy games.

did you really think that? :crylaugh:

"The stuff that dreams are made of", yes :) Here's my first post on the forum with that specific quote (it's a quote from Maltese Falcon, a very decent movie btw)

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/103684-polish-website/?p=3679989

The part about the dream team and dreamweaver is my recent addition though :) Yes, I'm aware of my tendency to mythologize things a bit, but let's face it, this Leicester team is already a part of football mythology. It will only get better (or worse, depends on one's point of view), more 'grandiose' with the passing time, as books are published, movies are made, pundits present programmes in underwear etc.

Mind you, even if that dip of form that most pundits have been waiting for had happened (and if we finished let's say 4th, 6th, 8th even), it would still be an absolute epic season in my eyes, worthy of words like these (and books and movies and all of that jazz). Those games against Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool were for me poetry in motion. When Vardy scored that stunner with Liverpool I though, it just doesn't get better than this, no way... Yet it miraculously does!

And now the football heaven is within reach, just one win away. I agree with what wise/older posters here say, let's win this first and foremost, then we can celebrate, mythologize, paint ourselves blue and dance naked in the streets etc.... But it's difficult not to get carried away.

Me, I was already carried away, for good and bad, after that Chelsea win! :)

Up the Foxes!  :scarf:

Apologies if this has been mentioned but the week we drew with West Brom on the Tuesday was a turning point for me.

It felt like 2pts dropped that night but then Spurs, Arsenal and Man City all lost on the Weds.

The pressure got to the chasing pack and we then went on a great run of wins to increase the lead

Will be in tears if we win it...........

Your not wrong lol

I've blubbed 3/4 times in recent weeks already

I am actually at work (in a high pressured job) on Sunday and I genuinely think I will break down in tears if the unthinkable actually happens

Probably get in the shit at work aswell lol

After the early Dec programme I could see how determined the Team were, But definitely after we beat Spurs in January.

There's a level of performance every game that I've not seen for a long time from us. We seem to be able to find another gear in the face of adversity like West Ham.

Hello from America. 

I knew the team had something of a spark when I saw Nathan Dyer hit the winner at the end against Villa. 

I knew they were top 4 when Vardy hit the laser against Liverpool. 

I knew they were CL material when they embarrassed City at home. Literally brought me to tears.

I truly believed when Ulloa slammed the door on Norwich. 

Didn't want to say until the job was done but back in November I said that we had the same look about us as when we destroyed the championship. However liverpool at home was when I felt we'd do it, I'd stayed behind a bit longer than my mates to clap us off so walked up to the pub by myself and suddenly got that warm glow and feeling that we were going to do it.

Archived