Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jace

What game was it you started to believe we could win the Premier League this season?

There have been a lot of games where I've said "if we win today I will believe". The most prominent was Palace, but each time Spurs went out after and hammered someone I got nervous again. By the same token when we beat Swansea It didn't really sink in until the final whistle on Monday night.

I'll tell people Swansea, but after years of disappointment I'm waiting for Wes to hold up the trophy first.

Man City away fell on the same weekend as we beat Bournemouth 0-1 in the Championship and that was when I started to believe then. I told myself I should believe it could happen again with that win but it took until Palace away for it to sink it that it was a real possibility

I really started to believe after the man city away and liverpool at home games where we were magnificent also when we were top at christmas and new year when they said no one top at christmas had ever not went on to win it.

Palace away, 100%!

Agree.  When Delaney hit the bar in extra time, I thought this was going to be our year!  Similar to our "luck" against West Ham (H) when ball hit both posts in first minute.

West Brom away was the weekend where I started to think we were serious contenders. We absolutely dominated that game in a way only top sides do and I'm sure all of the other teams around the top dropped points that weekend too. I argued it with people up until Man City away - which was the game people started taking us seriously, and the game where I thought we will go and win this, that was a game where we showed that we were genuinely an excellent side and not some dross on a purple patch.

I've referred to this a couple of times but what's given me a lot of hope as well is Atletico Madrid. I think we've got a similar kind of study character about us to them and they proved they could do it against all of the odds. What they did two years back gave me belief that we shouldn't settle for being also-rans. Didn't expect anything quite like this as soon as this but always thought we should look at what they did, as should others, and stop telling ourselves that mediocrity is OK.

How about the Champions League? Can you remember a game where you thought "we could made the top four, you know..."?

That was quite early on. None in particular but I saw the usual suspects all struggling, with us, Swansea & Palace in the top 3 early doors (how mad is that now lol) and said this is the year the usual top four is broken.

Man City for me too. My view that we were proper challengers was confirmed, bizarrely, after we lost to Arsenal. At the time I thought they'd be our main challengers and that match taught me two things; one, we could better them (we'd have won with eleven men, I have no doubt), and two; Arsenal were absolutely not going to be champions and we'd finish above them come what may. I dunno why, just something about their attitude I think. 

I don't think I'll truly believe we will be champions until it happens. I've had us as heavy favourites for a little while now and found it tough to understand some of the panic among fans after West Ham, but Leicester City winning the league is just too surreal to properly drink in until it's confirmed.

I was convinced we'd finish in the top four after we beat Spurs.

Can see exactly where you're coming from. I went into that game fearing Arsenal more than I did afterwards.

I did however worry about Spurs a lot more that day.

Manchester City away.

I started a thread on here when I got back from the game. Literally couldn't believe it. We're talking about a team that were supposed to challenge for the league, a team that are in the semi finals of the CL and we absolutely dominated them. It could have been four or five and that is no exaggeration. 

Archived