Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bayfox

Marc Albrighton

Hi all. I hail from Tamworth and just wanted to say congratulations on a simply incredible season.

We are very proud of Marc in Tamworth. He has never forgotten his roots.

He spoke to our local paper today, thought it might interest a few

Again, many congrats, you have given us all hope!

http://www.tamworthherald.co.uk/Marc-s-Premier-League-joy-family-inspiration/story-29227797-detail/story.html

Hi all. I hail from Tamworth and just wanted to say congratulations on a simply incredible season.

We are very proud of Marc in Tamworth. He has never forgotten his roots.

He spoke to our local paper today, thought it might interest a few

Again, many congrats, you have given us all hope!

http://www.tamworthherald.co.uk/Marc-s-Premier-League-joy-family-inspiration/story-29227797-detail/story.html

Great piece that. Thanks for sharing mate  :thumbup:

• 3 months later...

While the media were blowing their stack over 3 of our players, he was  busy racking up assist after assist, whilst also putting in a ton of work tracking back.

Should have been on the plane to the Euros.

Even now, some of our fans are missing him out of their suggested starting 11.

I bet Claudio won't.

Love him.

12 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

While the media were blowing their stack over 3 of our players, he was  busy racking up assist after assist, whilst also putting in a ton of work tracking back.

Should have been on the plane to the Euros.

Even now, some of our fans are missing him out of their suggested starting 11.

I bet Claudio won't.

Love him.

Now Milner's gone he might stand a better chance.

You sort of forget how good he actually is at dribbling.

He's old school, doesn't have much flair in his game but is full of workrate and energy.

He'll be a CM in his latter years I think.

Really like Albrighton. Definitely under rated and offers a lot to the team. 

Think he he should of been in Euros or atleast in the provisional squad. 

Think he he needs to add few more goals in his game but not a massive concern as his work rate his through the roof and great assisting 

38 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

You sort of forget how good he actually is at dribbling.

He's old school, doesn't have much flair in his game but is full of workrate and energy.

He'll be a CM in his latter years I think.

Agreed. I think it's because he's a bit gangly and runs really weirdly, that sometimes even when he beats players through skill it doesn't look as though as he the ball under control as much as he has, so you forget how good a dribbler he is.

Said it so many times last season, but he's out most underrated player by far, he creates 1 or 2 absolutely gilt-edge chance pretty much every game.

Also only 26 so could still improve. Like King and Drinkwater, I hope he's here for another decade and finishes his career with us.

Love Albrighton as others have said what a pleasure to watch him play for city every week. He is your ultimate old school all rounder English winger he has the lot crossing, dribbling, work rate, tackling and a decent low shot.

I sometimes feel for him a bit because he is better than he is allowed to show as he is not really an inverted winger and it's a ball ache for him to cross with his weaker foot or turn back onto his right which allows the defenders to get set in. Sometimes when mahrez goes off for the last 10/20 minutes Marc gets moved to the right and you can see just how devastating his end product could be every week.

28 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Agreed. I think it's because he's a bit gangly and runs really weirdly, that sometimes even when he beats players through skill it doesn't look as though as he the ball under control as much as he has, so you forget how good a dribbler he is.

Said it so many times last season, but he's out most underrated player by far, he creates 1 or 2 absolutely gilt-edge chance pretty much every game.

Also only 26 so could still improve. Like King and Drinkwater, I hope he's here for another decade and finishes his career with us.

im constantly surprised at how young he actually is - feels like he's been talked about forever, but he's only just coming into his prime.

King will stay with us for his whole career, no doubt. Albrighton is a similarly loyal player (was at Villa for years, didn't want to go) and has bought into 'the Leicester family' as much as anyone, so it wouldn't surprise me if he stayed here until he latter years of his career, if not til retirement.

Until you watch something like that you don't realise how good he actually is at beating his man. 

His range of passing and crossing is unreal as well. 

As important as every Vardy or Mahrez or Kante performance was, it's solid, consistent performances from players like Albrighton who win you things. 

Marc epitomises our team - he does certain things particularly well, adds extras with a good will and shows a mature and supportive attitude in every situation.

For me it is the outstanding quality that has seen us through to success. 

It's mental strength and our squad has it in abundance and in more individual players than I can ever remember.

When Christmas came and went I still didn't know if we'd be good enough to keep winning. 

I assured everyone who'd listen that we hadn't climbed to those heights by a fluke but that we really were an excellent team.

But I also assured them that other teams would have to beat us for footballing reasons because there was no way we were going to cave in mentally.

Our squad would probably be as good an SAS squad as a football group hey are so committed, focused and together as a group.

This season they'll probably have to cope with more disappointments - it would be beyond incredible if there were less - but I'm confidence we'll cope and that the old song "We Shall Overcome" could still be an appropriate anthem for such a resilient team - and Marc just as much as anyone.     

I always think of him being one of those rare players who's value adds up to more than the sum of the parts. 

Archived