Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
north bank gooner

Congratulations to Leicester from North London

100% this. Thanks for your kind words North Bank Gooner. 

No problem, nice to hear some reasonable Leicester fans. Regardless of the game at the emirates, I still think what you guys have done is fairy tale stuff. 

I am a football fan what I don't like is the arrogance success breeds. Every big club has those sorts of fans including us, try not to let this happen at your club. 

Give the guy a break, if anything in this thread deserves our righteous anger it's this:

Arsenal beat the league leaders on the last play of the game to move to within 2 points of first place.

If their players and their fans celebrated that big time, it's because those 3 points were big at the time.

Why I oughtta...

No problem, nice to hear some reasonable Leicester fans. Regardless of the game at the emirates, I still think what you guys have done is fairy tale stuff. 

I am a football fan what I don't like is the arrogance success breeds. Every big club has those sorts of fans including us, try not to let this happen at your club.

Thanks for taking the time to come on here.

As for your last comment I think you may find it is a little to late.

Let's make the same bad jokes over and over again.

Ok, do you know this one?:

What's the difference between a child and a trampoline?   You have to take your shoes off to jump on a trampoline.

There are loads of decent fans from every club (except spuds!) and there are loads of twats from every club too. Much as I appreciate your comments and good wishes, I do agree with the comments about your win at the KP (which was a fantastic performance) and the comments about your last gasp win at yours.

The Arsenal players were constantly moaning at the referee all that match, and their antics certainly got into his head which lead to Simpson being sent off for two very minor fouls, which probably cost us the match. I know a lot of teams (Man Ure are the worst offenders) constantly moan at the referee trying to get decisions, but I really lost a lot of respect for Arsenal that day because of that. 

I still hope you pip spuds for second place though!

And, without me trying being arrogant or gloating :rolleyes::whistle: , please celebrate your wonderful season in being the only team to do the double over the magnificent champions!  :scarf:

Spot on and thanks, you should win and lose with class and dignity

Arsenal were the best team we played all season without a doubt, I honestly thought our fans were being arrogant with those bloody Champions scarfs with about 5/6 games to go and that was more cringeworthy than the selfies. Truth is that we have been the most consistent team over the whole season and if a fan of another football club comes on here to congratulate us I say thank you....

Up the City....

Arsenal and Spurs fans are equally as bad as each other.

Arsenal were the better team we played though. I know we were naive defensively but they were absolute class in the 5-2. It was a bit arrogant of us to try and outscore them in an open game. But arrogant in a good way, as in belief in ourselves to beat anyone. The 2-1 left a bitter taste but we knew the ref had a say in how it went.

The Arsenal match at KP  was the most wonderful football played by BOTH teams that I have seen, I was bubbling with the city performance that day, even though we lost.

Little did anyone know at the time, the significance of the result, CR and his coaches were brilliant enough to interpret what they had seen and to make the all important tweeks, that has culminated in us having won the league.

So I say many thanks to Arsenal FC, and to NBG for his congratulations

Thank you NBG.

Although some people might not get it, your lads' reaction to the last gasp winner in February is about the biggest compliment we could have wished for....arrogance would have been a dismissive shrug. It is a shame for you that your players could not sustain that passion thereafter, and an enormous boost to ours.

Yes thanks for your initial comments which were merely to congratulate us and probably not to cause a debate. All teams (and fans) madly celebrate last minute winners against the league leaders. Arsenal were no exception, it was possibly the highlight of their season and therefore quite forgivable in the grand scheme of things.

Wow so you lot think taking a selfie after a big game is more arrogant than singing "we're coming for you" like they have a pedigree in chasing down leaders to win the title. I didn't see any lap of honour either.

It was an intense game, with a very dubious penalty but let's not debate that ehh. Enjoy the summer.

Hey, credit to you for coming on here and your support. You're right, it's nowhere near as bad as the spuds fans singing taunts, but it genuinely did come across as OTT after the way that game panned out. Especially so due to the way Simpson got sent off (compare and contrast with spuds players getting away with gbh and not retrospective punishment) don't take it personally and thanks again

F**k the Yids.

So you don't see yourself as a disgusting disgrace bringing shame to the club you support?

Are these the type of posts that give you the moral high ground over Tottenham forum users?

Grow up.

My best mates an Arsenal fan (his mum went up town to get him a leicester shirt when he was a kid but she came back with an arsenal one - wounder!) :D  he's hardly spoken to me all season... then again I've been in full on gloat mode since September lol .

So you don't see yourself as a disgusting disgrace bringing shame to the club you support?

Are these the type of posts that give you the moral high ground over Tottenham forum users?

Grow up.

Nope, and it's wrong. But that's a small minority, not like the overwhelming number of extreme posts on TFC.

If you look through the threads, you'll also read posts saying that other spurs forums are much more balanced and good, kind of like us lot here. As far as I know we don't have a forum like TFC on the Web and if we did, I'd be calling it for what it is..

Morning all,

Just wanted to pop in and say what an amazing season you lot have had. Although we where in the title race until February, Gooner's don't begrudge Leicester winning the PL. 

Your manager is a true gent, Karma was served on Chelsea and their former manager when you lot turned them over.

I said in 2004 when we last won the title to a lot of my gooner mates, enjoy this it doesn't get any better, and my message to all Leicester fans is the same.  

Good luck in the CL next season lads and well done again. 

NBG

PS not sure if you lot felt it but the dark side of North London where pretty arrogant in the run in, singing stuff like "Leicester city we're coming for you", kind of sums up their arrogance tbh. 

Can't we all just say 'thank you' for teams coming on here to congratulate us, instead of trying to argue with them.

Thanks north bank gooner, Make sure you give us some points next season ;).

Nope, and it's wrong. But that's a small minority, not like the overwhelming number of extreme posts on TFC.

If you look through the threads, you'll also read posts saying that other spurs forums are much more balanced and good, kind of like us lot here. As far as I know we don't have a forum like TFC on the Web and if we did, I'd be calling it for what it is..

There are lots of forums I have read a few threads from and never returned.

Spurs, other teams, video games - whatever. I don't sit there reading them like looking at a car crash if I don't like the content. I don't look on TFC at all, but seems the people here are a bit obsessed. It's probably that combination that makes it so bad. Just don't read it if you don't like it.

There are more good than bad posts here I would say though :D

Morning all,

Just wanted to pop in and say what an amazing season you lot have had. Although we where in the title race until February, Gooner's don't begrudge Leicester winning the PL. 

Your manager is a true gent, Karma was served on Chelsea and their former manager when you lot turned them over.

I said in 2004 when we last won the title to a lot of my gooner mates, enjoy this it doesn't get any better, and my message to all Leicester fans is the same.  

Good luck in the CL next season lads and well done again. 

NBG

PS not sure if you lot felt it but the dark side of North London where pretty arrogant in the run in, singing stuff like "Leicester city we're coming for you", kind of sums up their arrogance tbh. 

Thanks but I also felt the arrogance from the players and fans alike when we played Arsenal.

ramsey-selfie.png?w=748&h=471&crop=1

*Cough, Cough*

The day was summed up at the start that day, some loud mouthed Arsenal **** came into Leicester train station making the announcement in his cockney accent so everyone could hear "So Leicester have won a few fucking games, they think they're word beaters, they think they're gonna win the league..."

Can't stand Arsenal, that said I would find it very amusing if you finished above Tottenham.

Archived