Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
nelbert

i still cannot get my head around it champions

I was in the pub with me mates last weekend, they all follow Wednesday, and they asked me what's it like and I couldn't explain it. I find it hard to explain. Maybe it's because we're a club that hasn't won it before.

Still hasn't sank in here yet, I have no idea when it will do.

There are so many teams in the league around our "size" and we were the ones lucky enough to smash the mould and win the league at 5,000-1 in the greatest sporting story ever told.

The magnitude of it might never actually sink in.

Exactly how I feel.

And to think we didn't just sneak home, we led from the front for nearly five months and absolutely smashed it by 10 points.

I really wish it would sink in so I could really appreciate what we've done. I feel kind of cheated that's it's the greatest thing to ever happen to this club and I'm overjoyed but just stunned.

I get the odd moment when I well up, listened to a US Podcast today and that got me going.

I was thinking about the beginning of last season the home games about Sunderland and Spurs and how I had no idea how things would turn out.

I know it hasn't sunk in for me yet, as while watching the play off final today, I found myself saying it'd perhaps be better for us if Wednesday go up as they don't look too strong. One less relegation place to worry about. Then I suddenly remembered,we're premier league champions, we'll be playing in the champions league next season!!

Anyone remember the stoke fans coming on telling us it would take years to reach their level, lol, I always thought they made hard work of finally hitting mid table.

I can remember the Chelsea fans last season singing "We're Champions of England, you'll never be that".

• 4 weeks later...

Sometimes i think I've finally got my head around the fact that we've won the Premier League, then i see news reports like "Luis Hernandez joins Premier League Champions Leicester City" and just think... surely that's a typo? Leicester City? Premier League CHAMPIONS???

It still feels like a bizarre dream sometimes, and i honestly don't think i'll ever truly believe what we achieved this season. I just want the new season to start now, i want to hear the Champions League anthem at the King Power Stadium and let the disbelief start all over again!

Maybe we just need to win the league again so that next time it might feel more real...

It was just a dream you bunch of nobs.

Arsnil won it back in Feb remember?

Oh hang on a minute...

I thought Tottenham won it because Leicester are nobodies and Arsenal are so far behind! Didn't you do the maths?

Nope, still not comprehending it.  Are we sure the great escape actually happened and we haven't just won the Championship again?  Seems more probable.

Mass hysteria ....    thats all it is.    We're actually on a Derren Brown show.     You'll be throwing your wife out a top floor window soon.

I didn't even know I had a wife, Derren's better than I gave him credit for.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived