Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jockkkk

Captain Morgan bottles

Crazy. If you'd said last year that people would be fighting to get their hands on bottles of rum commemeratively named after our Premier League wininng captain and being unable to do so beacuse shop staff were stockpiling them for themselves.....

Whilst it's frustrating not to get a bottle now, I can't see Captain Morgan passing up on the demand.  There's no benefit to them in having a limited supply, it makes sense to get people bulk buying whilst there's a perceived shortage, then to keep pumping stock out, causing people to buy a few spares, until all demand is satisfied.  

Whilst it's frustrating not to get a bottle now, I can't see Captain Morgan passing up on the demand.  There's no benefit to them in having a limited supply, it makes sense to get people bulk buying whilst there's a perceived shortage, then to keep pumping stock out, causing people to buy a few spares, until all demand is satisfied.  

By keeping them limited its getting people talking about their brand wondering whether they are going to be able to get a bottle. Also captain morgan themselves aren't profiting from this as all profits are going to the foxes foundation (I think) so it won't be about making more money.

If people haven't figured it out yet, it's obvious the stores are keeping the bottles for their staff and telling the general public they 'haven't had them in yet'

We've already had one person on here saying they've seen bottles on the shelf of one Tesco. All the other stores would have received them on the same day

Crate came in at the weekend - "Oh sorry, were not getting them in until tuesday"

Crate comes in Tuesday - "Oh sorry, the rest of our staff wanted a bottle to sell on ebay so you'll have to wait for the thursday delivery now"

Lets just face it, we aren't getting any bottles of this now. The shops are just making up excuses to cover the fact they've sold all the stock to their staff every time they've got some in.

• Like 2

If people haven't figured it out yet, it's obvious the stores are keeping the bottles for their staff and telling the general public they 'haven't had them in yet'

We've already had one person on here saying they've seen bottles on the shelf of one Tesco. All the other stores would have received them on the same day

Crate came in at the weekend - "Oh sorry, were not getting them in until tuesday"

Crate comes in Tuesday - "Oh sorry, the rest of our staff wanted a bottle to sell on ebay so you'll have to wait for the thursday delivery now"

Lets just face it, we aren't getting any bottles of this now. The shops are just making up excuses to cover the fact they've sold all the stock to their staff every time they've got some in.

This, I'm not even bothering to look for a bottle as it's obvious that this is an item that will go up in value, everyone knows that so the very first opportunity to buy, people will buy. In this case it's whatever cvnt finds it in the stock room at the back of the shop first thing in the morning. I bet 10% maximum of the delivered bottles will actually make it to the shelf

Years ago I worked in a supermarket and there was never any rules on letting the customer have the first opportunity to buy - if you saw something in the stock room that you wanted, you had first dibs. The staff will also have known exactly when these were to be delivered so I wouldn't be surprised if in a few shops that a single member of staff bought the entire allocation as soon as it got delivered

• Like 1

Been to both Hinckley Asda and Tesco this morning on my way to work.

both have none in yet. Tesco said that they where meant to get it Saturday, so said it could turn up at any time, as it hasn't yet.

They also said they where only getting 2 crates = 12 bottles in total.

Asda had no idea...

Been to Tesco and Morrisons Hinckley and Morrisons said Friday..Tesco said they should've had a delivery Saturday.

I went Tesco after work, they told me the order had been 'cancelled' now I asked them to elaborate on what they meant by cancelled and they didn't really give me a straight answer, I said so has any come in at all? They said "no", I said will some actually be coming in they said "maybe, but we don't know"...Cheers for that :unsure:

So I phoned Morrisons they said "It's all coming from the club shop, but when it's gonna get sent to us we don't know, it all depends if it all sells out at the club shop"....That sounds like bullshit to me.

I phoned Asda, they were just fucking useless.

Tempted to just give up.

Well I got 1 bottle off a friend who manages to get 3 from Morris ons coalville on Saturday, feel very lucky as the wankers in the shops are obviously having them all them self's

Hope they feel proud because they obviously don't realise how much football stuff means to people, some people are reread absolutely gutted they have been denied the chance of some memorabilia of this season because of some cretins

Well I got 1 bottle off a friend who manages to get 3 from Morris ons coalville on Saturday, feel very lucky as the wankers in the shops are obviously having them all them self's

Hope they feel proud because they obviously don't realise how much football stuff means to people, some people are reread absolutely gutted they have been denied the chance of some memorabilia of this season because of some cretins

I went there on Saturday and they said they hadn't had any delivered

Been Hinckley Asda and Tesco again this morning, still nothing.

No sign as to when they will be in either.

One guy I spoke to at Tesco said that he thought it may be due to a delay in the bottles being ready. But I can't see that if the fan store have already had some.

Whoever has actually arranged this whole thing has done a pretty awful job of it.

Just to save people the trip between 06:00hrs and 07:00hrs today I did:

Beaumont leys tesco

Brauny gate tesco

Fosse park Asda

Coalville Morrisons

None of them had any and were unsure as to when they would. I'm done with looking now....

Add Asda Thurmaston to the list.

Went in for some other bits but thought I'd have a look.... Er no!

Edited by Livid