Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes161

Jamie Vardy agrees new four year contract at Leicester City.

I was worried he might leave, but I did believe he had a bit of integrity. He's tried being an outcast in his career and personal life, so at his age, swapping a club in which he is finally settled and highly-rated to one that brings uncertainty about his future would be a major and unnecessary gamble. Thankfully, he made the right decision.

Probably just looking too much into it. Just doesn't read like a statement written with much conviction. I just read it as we've made our final offer, we've laid our cards on the table, hopefully he'll accept it.

We'd be ridiculous to make an announcement like that if we weren't 100% sure he'd be staying.

Obviously I'm being a little revisionist here, now it's emerged he is staying, but I thought it was a little telling the way many of his so-called England team mates were reluctant to pass to him the other night. Also certain players were a little muted towards him - the big club sluts in particular, after he levelled vs Wales. I'm pretty sure they knew his decision days ago and it was evident in the lack of service and cold shouldering they displayed towards him.

Obviously I'm being a little revisionist here, now it's emerged he is staying, but I thought it was a little telling the way many of his so-called England team mates were reluctant to pass to him the other night. Also certain players were a little muted towards him - the big club sluts in particular, after he levelled vs Wales. I'm pretty sure they knew his decision days ago and it was evident in the lack of service and cold shouldering they displayed towards him.

Hahahahaha. Are you the same guy that said nobody in the east midlands would watch the euro's if Vardy moved to Arsenal?

Hahahahaha. Are you the same guy that said nobody in the east midlands would watch the euro's if Vardy moved to Arsenal?

I didn't say "nobody", but a fair few people wouldn't exactly feel great tuning after learning he'd signed for them, would they? Obviously gooners would though.

Btw, I never called him "Judas" or a traitor, etc. But when you have Giroud doing a selfie video, "confirming" Vardy was signing, you can be forgiven for fearing the worst, right?

Right...so had he joined arsenal the abuse would be all right...ok then.

Haha fair point. I had more the modest abuse like calling him disloyal and a money grabber. Rather than personal attacks on him and his family.

If you're being a serious Susie though, of course it isn't.

Do these four year deals replace previous ones as I'm sure he was offered one not long ago. Surely he can't be here for another 8 years.

His new contract will expire on 27th November 2023.

I wish people would stop this, because it's nonsense.

Haha fair point. I had more the modest abuse like calling him disloyal and a money grabber. Rather than personal attacks on him and his family.

If you're being a serious Susie though, of course it isn't.

His new contract will expire on 27th November 2023.

Some sort of tactic to increase his price. A very intelligent move.

I didn't say "nobody", but a fair few people wouldn't exactly feel great tuning after learning he'd signed for them, would they? Obviously gooners would though.

Btw, I never called him "Judas" or a traitor, etc. But when you have Giroud doing a selfie video, "confirming" Vardy was signing, you can be forgiven for fearing the worst, right?

Haha, my point wouldn't have sounded as emphatic without the ridiculous exaggeration :D

I'm pretty sure the whole of Europe thought Vardy was offside when he scored, I know I just stood their waiting to see the lino holding his flag up. So that probably explained the slightly muted celebrations,

It's just another case of people getting whipped up by what they see on social media rather than sitting back and looking at the bigger picture. Rationality, patience and common sense are dying with the rise of twitter.

Some sort of tactic to increase his price. A very intelligent move.

Exactly, we've got some astute negotiators.

In the final 18 months of his contract I'm told he will be marketing Vardy Zimmer Frames, so that's how we'll make the money back if he's not playing as much.

If you are reading this Rebekah, I am massively sorry for questioning the actions of both you and Jamie in such a frivolous matter. I won't change my perspective; some of the things that the both of you have done are baffling given the widespread coverage of him supposedly leaving. Baiting everyone by going on national TV was particularly questionable.

That being said, it's not okay to call you cvnts, money grabbers etc etc. I and most other fans are passionate to a fault with this football club, something that I am sure you'll experience from bitter Arsenal fans for the next few months.

I am ecstatic that Vards is staying. Lessons to learn here from all perhaps...

I don't think it's too much of a surprise, if he was going I'm sure he would have done it before he went to the Euro's.  The longer it went the better it was for us.  He's made the right decision, I honestly couldn't see him doing well at Arsenal..

Archived