Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes161

Jamie Vardy agrees new four year contract at Leicester City.

How can Vardy be accused of greed by staying with us despite Arssnal offering him substantially more money?!

See, there's just far too much logic in that statement. 

How can Vardy be accused of greed by staying with us despite Arssnal offering him substantially more money?!

Because he signed a new deal 4 months ago and now isn't happy with it? Some people will see the fact he asked for a CL release clause at a time when we were almost nailed on for top 4 as either Vardy or His agent playing the club.

For the record that's not my view, just playing devils advocate.

For Vardy, it is a second new contract in five months, having signed up until 2019 back in February on wages worth £80,000 per week. The release clause, attainable to any interested party in the Champions League, was inserted as a compromise due to Vardy receiving less than the six-figure weekly deal generally brought home by the Premier League’s elite forwar

As already stated, that England performance the other night must have helped make up his mind. It was a classic example of what he'd get playing at Arsenal. No service and a lot of turgid, sideways football. Here, the team play to his strengths, and the team is set up to his strengths. 

It's good news, almost like a new signing, and hopefully it sends a HUGE message out to the so called big clubs that they can't just cherry pick players for our size of club (although I'm sure we'll be cherry picking players from smaller clubs than us!). 

I also hope it sends a message to the other players thinking of leaving too.

Fair play to Vardy, I was disappointed in him when it was mentioned he was in talks with them and claimed there was no loyalty in football anymore - this just shows there is and I know the money is similar but the stature of the clubs are different and he's chosen to stay here. Sends a big message out to the big clubs that they cant just throw money at these players anymore  

Archived