Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

An Open Letter to Steve Walsh

3 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Get a grip people jesus christ

I'm fine I have no problem with him moving for his reasons can't see why its a problem with being grateful for what he's done here

23 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Dear Steve, Walshie, The Walshanator,

On hearing the news you are possibly considering a move to Everton and remembering the huge success of the open letter to Jamie Vardy, I felt compelled to write an open letter to you.

i considered a closed letter sent to the training ground for you to read in you own leisure but then I realised the rest of Foxes Talk and community as a whole needed to also see why you should stay a fox. 

I know when your on FT you mainly stick to the transfer thread, and I did consider leaving this in the players we should sign thread, as I know your check that hourly in order to unearth future Filbery Way heroes. Again though I don't think I would have reviewed enough attention there and couldn't fully claim the credit when I do persuade you to stay.

Anyway the point of this do you remember the summer of 1986 you were playing under Bryan Hamilton at lowly Wigan Ath. When Bryan moved here, he took a chance on you, despite you being sent off almost every game, we loved you, you were here, there and every where much like the pieces of David Geddies jaw (younger fans please google). We celebrated with you as you enjoyed success after success trips to Wembley, promotions, cup finals, silencing the Rams and becoming the all time record holder for red cards in Football League history.

Skip forward a few years and your older, a little heavier, a little less hair and a good few inches shorter, yes times have been hard.

However, you still manage to look like your old self when you do a bit of punditry for Sky Sports.( the wonders of modern technology hey).

Over the years you have started to repay the faith we had in you, giving lower players such as Mahrez, Vardy and that French bloke who used to play in midfielder for us, can't think of his name now, a chance to play for as fans tell you 'by far the greatest team the world has ever seen'.

We the undersigned believe Everton may force you to go and sign already established players instead of watching players in the lower depths of world football such as Fleetwood, Caen and Birmingham City.

One more thing to consider is you Rugby refereeing career? Would Everon be willing to give you time off each week to go and travel the world and referee big games and scout at the same time?

So Steve, we the Leicester supporters appreciate all you do and have done for the club in the past, it's sometime hard to split what was more important to the club your onfield contribution or off field, it's almost like you are to completely different people sometimes.

But Stevie on behalf of all at Leiceater City, well not actually all, I haven't asked everyone but those I have asked, wait let's be honest and form a mutually respectful relationship I haven't asked anyone else, on behalf of myself please stay a blue forever.

ans not that Everton Blue, please stay a Fox.

Yours Aus Fox

Ps could you sign my Wembley photo from 1994?

So much for open letters! Never beg anyone for anything. If they don't want to be here, you don't want them.  

32 minutes ago, Jace said:

Thank you Steve Walsh for everything he's done here at the club, he's a legend in my eyes as much as the other Steve Walsh 

He's contributed a lot to our success, but I don't think you can compare the two given the amount of wonderful years the player Steve Walsh gave to the club.

Also a bit fvcking annoying to sign a new agreement last month and then knob-off now. That's footy I suppose.

23 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

We the undersigned believe Everton may force you to go and sign already established players instead of watching players in the lower depths of world football such as Fleetwood, Caen and Birmingham City.

lol

10 hours ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

He's contributed a lot to our success, but I don't think you can compare the two given the amount of wonderful years the player Steve Walsh gave to the club.

Also a bit fvcking annoying to sign a new agreement last month and then knob-off now. That's footy I suppose.

And this Steve Walsh has contributed heavily to us winning a Premier League title, increased turnover of £200+ million next season

14 hours ago, easilee said:

Jeez! He's agreed in principle. Looks like he's off to Everton.

Has Claudio royally pissed some people off at LCFC or what?

NO Claudio haven't been able to UP their salary package.. :unsure:

WALSHY'S GONE MATE

nintchdbpict0002529714982.jpg?w=960

15 hours ago, easilee said:

Jeez! He's agreed in principle. Looks like he's off to Everton.

Has Claudio royally pissed some people off at LCFC or what?

Why has it got to be someone's fault. Ever thought players and staff may go for money or they see a better prospect being at another club. More chance comments like yours will piss CR off.

If you really need to blame someone try Everton his agent and the fa for allowing this shit to happen.

16 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

If its to be closer to his family then why didnt he just not sign a contrct earlier and go home? 

Greedy like the rest. Cycle continues. Ciao

Maybe he was'nt actively looking but as he was offered a job closer to home he decided to take it.Also i'm wondering if he has elderly parents and wanted to be closer to them.

The football industry is just a bloody joke now. Here's us winning the title and playing champions league next season - but it's just not enough is it? I don't care what his reasons are for leaving, he only signed a new contract 6-7 wks ago. It's just a fu*cking embarrassment that is. It's becoming more and more difficult to justify why we bother with it. If it's not cheating prima donna players it's sky stitching us up, and twice a year we get our clubs nicked off us by vultures and hacks who's sole existence is to move people around for money.

I'm really starting to feel like an idiot for giving up time and money to it. 28 yrs i've back it but jesus, for the love of football, can we not find a better way?

Can't fault him if he wants to move to be closer to his family and is attracted by a better job role. Shame we couldn't keep him here, even if it meant promoting him to DOF here (and putting Rudkin back to head of youth development).

I thank Walsh for all the players he's found - will always respect him for that - and now, sadly, it's time to move on. Best of luck at Everton, a big and likeable club. 

On 20 July 2016 at 08:28, Jace said:

And this Steve Walsh has contributed heavily to us winning a Premier League title, increased turnover of £200+ million next season

No ones saying he hasn't contributed. But I don't value someone by the amount of cash they raise. To me the player Steve Walsh is a legend because of the fourteen wonderful years he played for us - and the massive contribution he made to us.

16 minutes ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

No ones saying he hasn't contributed. But I don't value someone by the amount of cash they raise. To me the player Steve Walsh is a legend because of the fourteen wonderful years he played for us - and the massive contribution he made to us.

So what about contributing highly towards us winning the Premier League? Is that not a fairly decent achievement compared to what most players/staff members have contributed towards us in the clubs history?

On 18/07/2016 at 22:32, Aus Fox said:

Dear Steve, Walshie, The Walshanator,

On hearing the news you are possibly considering a move to Everton and remembering the huge success of the open letter to Jamie Vardy, I felt compelled to write an open letter to you.

i considered a closed letter sent to the training ground for you to read in you own leisure but then I realised the rest of Foxes Talk and community as a whole needed to also see why you should stay a fox. 

I know when your on FT you mainly stick to the transfer thread, and I did consider leaving this in the players we should sign thread, as I know your check that hourly in order to unearth future Filbery Way heroes. Again though I don't think I would have reviewed enough attention there and couldn't fully claim the credit when I do persuade you to stay.

Anyway the point of this do you remember the summer of 1986 you were playing under Bryan Hamilton at lowly Wigan Ath. When Bryan moved here, he took a chance on you, despite you being sent off almost every game, we loved you, you were here, there and every where much like the pieces of David Geddies jaw (younger fans please google). We celebrated with you as you enjoyed success after success trips to Wembley, promotions, cup finals, silencing the Rams and becoming the all time record holder for red cards in Football League history.

Skip forward a few years and your older, a little heavier, a little less hair and a good few inches shorter, yes times have been hard.

However, you still manage to look like your old self when you do a bit of punditry for Sky Sports.( the wonders of modern technology hey).

Over the years you have started to repay the faith we had in you, giving lower players such as Mahrez, Vardy and that French bloke who used to play in midfielder for us, can't think of his name now, a chance to play for as fans tell you 'by far the greatest team the world has ever seen'.

One more thing to consider is you Rugby refereeing career? Would Everon be willing to give you time off each week to go and travel the world and referee big games and scout at the same time?

So Steve, we the Leicester supporters appreciate all you do and have done for the club in the past, it's sometime hard to split what was more important to the club your onfield contribution or off field, it's almost like you are to completely different people sometimes.

But Stevie on behalf of all at Leiceater City, well not actually all, I haven't asked everyone but those I have asked, wait let's be honest and form a mutually respectful relationship I haven't asked anyone else, on behalf of myself please stay a blue forever.

ans not that Everton Blue, please stay a Fox.

Yours Aus Fox

Ps could you sign my Wembley photo from 1994?

One day all open letters will be made this way...love it Aus Fox

8 hours ago, Jace said:

So what about contributing highly towards us winning the Premier League? Is that not a fairly decent achievement compared to what most players/staff members have contributed towards us in the clubs history?

F sake, my first line said 'no ones saying he hasn't contributed'. Maybe read what I wrote next time?

2 hours ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

F sake, my first line said 'no ones saying he hasn't contributed'. Maybe read what I wrote next time?

Yeah I did read that as well as reading everything else thats been on this forum over the last 8 years whilst in League 1 and the Championship whilst you decide to turn up when we are top of the Premier League, so please let me have an opinion too thanks 

Archived