Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cumbria Fox

Whereabouts of Benalouane

2 hours ago, FireFox said:

They're still part of the squad, just not the 25 man squad list.

The Premier League website lists him as part of our squad (which isn't the "official 25 man squad list" as you keep mentioning, but that doesn't matter). Why would he be listed there if he wasn't part of our squad for the premier league?! I don't understand why it is so hard to accept that he was added after the fact.

I don't understand why you don't understand that the rules do not allow it 

he is not part of the 25 man squad, he cannot currently play any premier league game, granted that come January that could be a different matter as the squad listings can then be edited 

Premierleague

https://www.premierleague.com/news/84136

Changes to the squad list of 25 may be made during the period of a transfer window.

Sky Sports 

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/10562477/premier-league-squads-201617

Teams are unable to change their squad until the next transfer window in January, although in addition to the named 25 players, clubs can play as many U21 players (born after January 1, 1995) as they wish.

Lcfc.com

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/2016-17/squad-numbers-for-201617-confirmed-3222115.aspx

he wasn't given a squad number 

Gazettelive 

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-premier-league-25-man-11569152

The full squad list must be submitted within 24 hours of the summer transfer window closing, which this year is on Wednesday 31 August.

The squad list can not be amended until the next transfer window opens on Sunday 1 January.

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Did he try it on with your mrs? You have made your point, valid or not but no need to keep posting the same thing.

Fiorentina took him on loan, he did well for Atalanta and you could argue he hasn't really had a fair crack of the wip with us. With how bad defensively we have been and Wasyl no longer being good enough he isn't as bad as being excluded would imply.

People should stop taking rubbish then if he was any good he'd be involved. So my point is valid. The only two who are any good is the two that are playing and even there struggling.

7 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

he is not part of the 25 man squad, he cannot currently play any premier league game, granted that come January that could be a different matter as the squad listings can then be edited 

Premierleague

https://www.premierleague.com/news/84136

Changes to the squad list of 25 may be made during the period of a transfer window.

Sky Sports 

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/10562477/premier-league-squads-201617

Teams are unable to change their squad until the next transfer window in January, although in addition to the named 25 players, clubs can play as many U21 players (born after January 1, 1995) as they wish.

Lcfc.com

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/2016-17/squad-numbers-for-201617-confirmed-3222115.aspx

he wasn't given a squad number 

Gazettelive 

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-premier-league-25-man-11569152

The full squad list must be submitted within 24 hours of the summer transfer window closing, which this year is on Wednesday 31 August.

The squad list can not be amended until the next transfer window opens on Sunday 1 January.

Your wasting your time.

The confirmed squad list would make most people realise they had made a mistake.

It could just be to much Xmas sherry.

2 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

The rules do allow it. All of your links and quotes aren't the actual rules.

From the 2016-17 PL Handbook, page 211 - the relevant rules:

U.1. A Player shall not play for a Club in a League Match unless that Club holds his registration with effect from at least 75 minutes before kick-off and for League Matches to be played between the close of the Summer Transfer Window and the end of the Season either:

• U.1.1. his name is included on the Squad List; or
  • U.1.2. he is an Under 21 Player.

U.4. A Club shall apply to:

• U.4.1. include a Player on its Squad List by submitting to the Board the requisite Form; and
  • U.4.2. remove a Player from its Squad List by submitting to the Board the requisite Form.

U.5. A Player shall be deemed to have been included or removed from a Club’s Squad List on receipt of the Board’s written confirmation.

U.6. Changes to a Squad List may be made:

• U.6.1. during the period of a Transfer Window; or
  • U.6.2. at other times only with the permission of the Board.

U.7. Each application to register a Player shall be subject to the approval of the Board.

After the initial 25 man squad was released, the club must have requested Benalouane be added, and the Board approved.

Why else would the PL website list him as part of our squad (https://www.premierleague.com/clubs/26/Leicester-City/squad), have him in their players section (https://www.premierleague.com/players), and include him as a Premier League player potentially on AFCON duty (https://www.premierleague.com/news/254070)?

Also: http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/2016-17/ranieris-fitness-update-mendy-chilwell-benalouane-3386162.aspx (27 October)

Ranieri said of Benalouane: “He is getting closer. He has trained very well and played well for the Under-23s. If I need him soon he is ready to play.”

Unless you consider "soon" to mean in over two months (from the end of October to January), then here is another piece of evidence that Benalouane is part of our PL squad.

Is Benny actually in our 25 man squad? I think this is an important question which no one is talking about. Folks come on FT spouting all kinds of rubbish, and half the time they haven't even read the thread properly!

One other thing, I'm a bit worried about AFCON... ;)

29 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Is Benny actually in our 25 man squad? I think this is an important question which no one is talking about. Folks come on FT spouting all kinds of rubbish, and half the time they haven't even read the thread properly!

One other thing, I'm a bit worried about AFCON... ;)

I'm worried our Nigerian players might get injured at the AFCON.

6.5 Million in 2015 of which would get 5- 10% signing on.

4-year contract on a wage reflecting that fee. Suggest 25K per week minimum.

Refused 3 times to play for Tunisia despite opting to play for them as his parents nationality.

The guy has a demoralising effect on those around him in the 'development' teams as is not shy at pointing out that he doesn't give a **** and doesn't need to try as he has made it !. Great for 19-year-olds praying for a contract

Waste of space and he's not alone on the gravy train.

2 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Refused 3 times to play for Tunisia despite opting to play for them as his parents nationality.

The guy has a demoralising effect on those around him in the 'development' teams as is not shy at pointing out that he doesn't give a **** and doesn't need to try as he has made it !. Great for 19-year-olds praying for a contract

Are you itk or just making stuff up about his attitude

41 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

What a load of shite

46 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

This all probably explains why he is the captain when he plays for the U23s.

33 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I think he's just going into every player thread and saying they have a terrible attitude

Yeah that's right.

The thread title suggests that invitations were invited to the whereabouts of a player and being able to throw something in that I know to be fact I may be helping the cause.

Actually, post when there's something to say - hence 400+ not 1,000s of sad messages.

There is a lot I could post but it would be inappropriate.

I don't think its unbelievable to suggest a guy who's attitude to international football (as below) and who will have cost us 11+ million for a hand full of games may be on the gravy train?

Comments to younger players that he's made it and doesn't need to try may be to encourage them in a peculiarly way

The guy obviously plays out of his skin in training and development games to get in the first team rather than a 36 Y/O Wasilewski

Wiki.............

Benalouane was eligible to play either for France (by place of birth) or Tunisia (through parentage). Despite playing once for the French under 21 team, he submitted a transfer request to represent the Tunisian senior side in 2010. However, despite receiving a call-up against Chad in an African Cup of Nations qualifier,[11] he missed the game because he failed to be vaccinated prior to travel to Chad.

In October he refused to join Tunisia for the match against Togo, for which he expected to receive a call-up from Laurent Blanc instead. However, FIFA warned Benalouane that as the paperwork had been completed, he could represent Tunisia only, a refusal to show up may risk a ban in club football.[12] Benalouane refused another call-up in August 2013

BHs obviously likes talk through the grapevine and takes it for granted.

Coupled with some decent conspiracy theories about Benalouane's international career (basically all just guesswork), it makes for great entertainment on a Wednesday evening.

3 hours ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

The guys 29 FFS

Piss poor if he couldn't captain a very young reserve side.

If what you are saying is true and the fact he captains the u23's begs another question or two.

Why is he captain and anywhere near any City squad.

What the feck are the management doing.

12 hours ago, sylofox said:

If what you are saying is true and the fact he captains the u23's begs another question or two.

Why is he captain and anywhere near any City squad.

What the feck are the management doing.

Don't worry, it isnt

Archived