Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cumbria Fox

Whereabouts of Benalouane

I spotted him on the tunnel cam for the Arsenal game. He came out of the dressing room with Riyad (if I recall correctly) but was wearing a regular non-lcfc branded sweatpants and and hoodie so maybe he will be sticking around? There was no sign of the other 'outcasts' like Inler, Lawrence etc 

4 hours ago, themightyfin said:

http://m.leicestermercury.co.uk/riyad-mahrez-signs-new-contract-with-leicester-city-despite-arsenal-and-chelsea-links/story-29630840-detail/story.html

This must be the article your going on about.

Clearly you were in dreamland when you thought you read Benny could go. WAKE UP

No that's not it. I read it in the actual paper, but can't find it at home. I think it was early last week.

For anyone that's interested, the comments about Ranieri telling Benny to find another club are in the Mercury, 18th August on page 66. It's the last paragraph in the article about Schlupp and Mahrez staying. It's not on their website.

Got to say I think Benny's a good defender, as good as, if not better then Hernandez.

4 minutes ago, sm1 said:

For anyone that's interested, the comments about Ranieri telling Benny to find another club are in the Mercury, 18th August on page 66. It's the last paragraph in the article about Schlupp and Mahrez staying. It's not on their website.

Got to say I think Benny's a good defender, as good as, if not better then Hernandez.

I was impressed with him in the west ham cup game, one of the few chances he's had, however, there's something very odd about the whole situation with him since then and it seems to me like the club have been keeping stuff quiet on this one for a reason. It seems clear from the fact that he appears to be training on his own & not even with the under 23's that we won't see him in a city shirt again.

I'm not entirely convinced tbh but then I've not seen a lot of him.  

That said, given our current situation and this close to transfer deadline date, I don't think it makes a great deal of sense to sell (unless he wants to go of course)  

• 3 weeks later...

So he isn't in the 25 man squad but he is still training and not injured ?

So he will be leaving in January I take it. Must be difficult to stay motivated when you're getting screwed over like that by a club

10 minutes ago, Shaneb said:

So he isn't in the 25 man squad but he is still training and not injured ?

So he will be leaving in January I take it. Must be difficult to stay motivated when you're getting screwed over like that by a club

How's he getting screwed over?

Cost us several million in transfer fee......was at best average....not as good as any of the back 4.....we allowed him out on loan......never played.....been injured......training and fitness support and paid a fortune.........

I think I would take being screwed over like that.......

9 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

Cost us several million in transfer fee......was at best average....not as good as any of the back 4.....we allowed him out on loan......never played.....been injured......training and fitness support and paid a fortune.........

Yup win win for him.

Any other job and he would be castigated.

1 hour ago, Old Fox said:

I'm not sure how you can judge his performance on a handful of games for Leicester. Any other season he would have probably got games, but we had such a good run with our defenders that he never got a serious look in to be able to gel with the players.

Archived