Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cumbria Fox

Whereabouts of Benalouane

What little I've seen of him, I thought him no-frills; basic, solid, pretty good on the ball but perhaps prone to the odd f-up. Reliable without being exciting. He's never going to be the first name on the team sheet but he's no disgrace in the squad. Tbh, I'm still not 100% sure of Hernandez but he has to be given time and I don't see Wasilewski being around much longer (he's what? 36). There's a case for holding on to Benalouane beyond January.

• 2 weeks later...

I see CR has said that Benny might play tomorrow as he's ready. Mendy is out and Zieller continues in Goal. But KS will be back for the weekend.

If Benny does play then I feel he has to deliver a big game otherwise he'll be on his way in January. A big performance on the other hand might just save his Leicester career.

Proving that he can be a solid reserve to Morgan and Huth.

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

I see CR has said that Benny might play tomorrow as he's ready. Mendy is out and Zieller continues in Goa. But KS will be back for the weekend.l

He won't save much from there 

4 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

If Benny does play then I feel he has to deliver a big game otherwise he'll be on his way in January. A big performance on the other hand might just save his Leicester career.

Agreed. And I reckon he doesn't need to raise his game that much either. From what little I've seen, I reckon he's capable of being a decent understudy.

28 minutes ago, RastaDog said:

Agreed. And I reckon he doesn't need to raise his game that much either. From what little I've seen, I reckon he's capable of being a decent understudy.

Likewise, I think he's a very accomplished player and but for the teams success last year may have gotten more opportunities. I'd like to see him play a few games then judge him.

4 hours ago, lcfcben76 said:

saw earlier that Claudio say earlier that Benny is "ready" and personally I would love to see him start and can't wait to see if he can still offer us something, always did well in the cups last year

I had never even thought to consider Benny in our line-up. Forgot about him to be honest. It is a huge game for him if he starts at CB. If anyone needs a big performance, then it is him! 

Really hope he shows us why we bought him and puts our minds at ease, that we have a capable CB back-up to Wes and Huth.

4 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

good defender but is always dangerous because he picks up a yellow card in almost every game and the fear is he will be sent off and hamper the team. needs to learn the English game more to succeed here

I'm sorry but he really doesn't. He hasn't appeared enough for us to justify that.

If i remember rightly his Yellow Card in the West Ham game was unjustified. I'm not that much concerned whether players get Yellows or not I'm more interested in the reason.So many of them are petty nowadays by Referees wanting to look important. He's a lot more comfortable with the Ball than either Morgan or Huth. My only fear is if he has any pace or not. But I think him and WASL will make a good pairing tomorrow.

19 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

I think we need him for tomorrow, so we can rest Simpson and push Hernandez to RB. I would like to see him do well, however not registered for the Premier League or C/L so unless we go on a run, may be his last game?

I do wonder if Claudio will deploy him as a DM. He could be a beast there in a 4132.

2 hours ago, Durnerz said:

According to SSN he's in line for his debut for us tomorrow, how odd.....

I assume they mean first appearance of the season rather then debut, but still a lazy mistake on their part..

Archived