Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Daniel Amartey

On 19/08/2017 at 18:50, orangecity23 said:

Skillful is not the right word for it, but he's pretty good on the ball for a centre back. He is definitely pretty quick, and he is a good athlete. You can definitely see that he has some of the qualities you would want in a good centre back. He's definitely not the finished article, but there is certainly potential for him to be a good player, and over time, with the right coaching, and maybe a loan spell for regular match time, he may achieve it. I don't understand the level of vitriol the guy gets, he was a pretty cheap signing (cost us less money than that fat old berk of a linesman who disallowed the Vardy goal vs Bournemouth at the last game of last season), if he'd come out of our academy I'm sure people would give him a lot more leeway.

Last season was definitely a double edged sword for him - the complete balls up of the summer transfer window that left us with only 3 fit CMs was absolutely inexcusable - the challenge of building a squad is to get players of the right quality, but we didn't even manage to get the right quantity of players, which is pathetic. The games he got were good for his development, and he did seem to be improving before the AFCON came to disrupt everything. The fact we were down to only 2 CMs, him and King, before January, with a Champions League campaign to deal with, left us exposed to the extent we couldn't even change formation to be more defensively solid, because we had ran out of players.

I'd say he's worth keeping - he's always a handy player to have for the bench, as a player who can cover multiple positions on the bench gives the manager the freedom to select more attacking options with his remaining 6 sub places. If anything, keeping him around at least guarantees we don't end up in the same scenario as last season, where we ran out of CMs, or the end of the season where we ran out of centre backs.

I'd agree with all of that.

On 19/08/2017 at 14:14, Col city fan said:

Good, sensible post. I agree with all of it.

Fast, skillful and strong? I genuinely have no idea what players people are watching.

Skillfull? :o

Just give it up.

If you don't think Amartey is strong and quick then debating him is a waste of time. You've clearly got it in for him. Did he refuse to pose for a selfie with you or something? It's pathetic.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Just give it up.

If you don't think Amartey is strong and quick then debating him is a waste of time. You've clearly got it in for him. Did he refuse to pose for a selfie with you or something? It's pathetic.

Why are you attacking Col? I said it. He isn't strong and he isn't that quick. Not slow but he is lightweight. Why do you think he's not been given a run at CB? Had a chance at the end of last season but we played Fuchs instead. The raw physical attributes are there but it may take him a couple of years to harness it.

But any post calling him skilful is a worrying indictment of somebody's sanity :D

11 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Why are you attacking Col? I said it. He isn't strong and he isn't that quick. Not slow but he is lightweight. Why do you think he's not been given a run at CB? Had a chance at the end of last season but we played Fuchs instead. The raw physical attributes are there but it may take him a couple of years to harness it.

But any post calling him skilful is a worrying indictment of somebody's sanity :D

You honestly don't think he's quick and strong? Or do you? "The strong physical attributes are here". What are you on about? They either are or they're not...(they definitely are).

22 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

You honestly don't think he's quick and strong? Or do you? "The strong physical attributes are here". What are you on about? They either are or they're not...(they definitely are).

Perhaps quote what I said because that's not what I said.

Raw attributes are one thing, but if you don't know how to use them then they might as well not be there. It takes people time to learn how to maximise what they have. Otherwise why are we not seeing 18 year olds dominate in sprinting? And even when you think about someone like Mahrez; it wasn't until towards the back end of the 2014/15 season that he learnt how to use his body so he wasn't shrugged off the ball.

Why hasn't Amartey played at centre back? Not in preseason nor when we had no fit centre halves despite that being his favoured position. Because he's not deemed physical enough. He's not slow by any means but when have you seen him outpace somebody? He's too often hanging on the coattails of others rather than if being the other way round.

8 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Raw attributes are one thing, but if you don't know how to use them then they might as well not be there. It takes people time to learn how to maximise what they have. Otherwise why are we not seeing 18 year olds dominate in sprinting? And even when you think about someone like Mahrez; it wasn't until towards the back end of the 2014/15 season that he learnt how to use his body so he wasn't shrugged off the ball.

Why hasn't Amartey played at centre back? Not in preseason nor when we had no fit centre halves despite that being his favoured position. Because he's not deemed physical enough. He's not slow by any means but when have you seen him outpace somebody? He's too often hanging on the coattails of others rather than if being the other way round.

lol 

17 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

If I ever found myself in much agreement with AKCJ, I'd start to worry.

The fact that he says I'm wrong over Big Dan, tells me I'm right. That's my kind of barometer. Genuinely. AKCJ believes Amarteys best position is CM anyway.

Need I say more? 

And you must be right. If Shakey deemed Amartey to be much good in any position, he'd start him.

And he doesn't.

Edited by Col city fan

59 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

lol 

Sorry. I forgot we judge all players on a solitary YouTube clip when they weren't playing for us. We should get you in the scouting department.

If that's your genuine response then I have no words :blink:

Oh, and he's running past people standing still. My nan would look quick doing that.

Edited by dmayne7
  • Haha 1

he's just the new Kisnorbo only the manager won't stop playing him in CM yet and accept he's just a CB.

He is quick, he is powerful and he does look far more comfortable on the ball than Wes or Huth ever do, he should play every cup game we have as a centre back this season, preferably with Maguire

• Like 2

Amartey is not looking good for us because we are completely ruining him. His development is being sacrificed for the sake of plugging holes in the squad, and  not even to good use (see Arsenal last week).

He should leave Leicester because he's not being given the chance to ply a trade in a position and to expand on his abilities

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Col city fan said:

The fact that he says I'm wrong over Big Dan, tells me I'm right. That's my kind of barometer. Genuinely. AKCJ believes Amarteys best position is CM anyway.

Need I say more? 

And you must be right. If Shakey deemed Amartey to be much good in any position, he'd start him.

And he doesn't.

lol Do I? News to me. He did a very decent job there at the start of last season but then his inexperience in the position began to show, following Drinkwater's injury in November we were horrendously exposed there.

For me, Amartey is best employed as the "sitter". Almost a 3rd centre half, man marking players like Juan Mata or David Silva, the type to get into the hole and make things happen.

If you don't think that Amartey is quick and strong then I'm simply lost for words, you're that desparate to find something wrong with him that you'll make things up in your head to suit your own agenda. He's as strong as an ox and bloody quick. I can't think of a central midfielder that's as strong and as quick as him. Some are quicker, some are stronger but not both.

The trouble with you and Amartey is that you think he needs to be as good as Ndidi or Kante to be worthwhile to the team. He's an excellent squad player who can come off the bench to fill most positions on the pitch and do a solid job. Never moans, always got a smile on his face and is one of the first to celebrate with the goalscorer. He loves playing for us 

10 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Sorry. I forgot we judge all players on a solitary YouTube clip when they weren't playing for us. We should get you in the scouting department.

If that's your genuine response then I have no words :blink:

Oh, and he's running past people standing still. My nan would look quick doing that.

lol

Just a single example of his pace. Weirdly there isn't an "Amartey being quick just so the idiots on FoxesTalk that are desperate for him to fail can shut up compilation" on YouTube.

Honestly, how do you not think he's quick and strong? I can live with you not rating him but ffs, what on earth are you watching?

11 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Need I say more? 

And he doesn't.

lol

Jesus.

13 hours ago, Jimmy said:

he's just the new Kisnorbo only the manager won't stop playing him in CM yet and accept he's just a CB.

He is quick, he is powerful and he does look far more comfortable on the ball than Wes or Huth ever do, he should play every cup game we have as a centre back this season, preferably with Maguire

Starting to think that this is his only chance of a future with us and perhaps one as a Premier League player too. 

Switch him to CB cover and play him in the cup games and lets see if he shows more promise there. 

He is OK as a DCM, but just doesn't look comfortable enough on the ball. Give him a chance at CB and he could flourish there. 

If not, then I just don't see him developing enough to become a top Premier League player, which is what we should be aiming for now. 

Hope to see him start at CB tomorrow 

He's a talented young player and I think we tried to mould him into a defensive midfielder - and pushed him into the deep end.

From the Danish league we asked him to play out of position in a Premier League winning team. And then asked him to replace the world's best defensive midfielder.

I get the feeling if we'd tried to develop him in the u23s or on loan we may have got better results. As it stands he's never really shined in defensive midfield or at right back and I doubt he's been massively happy.

I suspect and hope we'll play him in his national and danish position and see much better results.

Edited by Foxxed

47 minutes ago, Koke said:

Would like to see Maguire and Amartey CB pairing against Sheffield United. If he doesn't play against the Blades then he just won't play at all unless there's an injury crisis.

Benalouane and even moving Fuchs to CB were both preferred to him at the tail end of last season.

Honestly atm I see him as 6th choice CB and 7th choice CM. Only position he has a chance of filling in is RB. I doubt he'll get much playing time at all unless Simpson gets injured.

Edited by Sampson

4 hours ago, AKCJ said:

lol

Just a single example of his pace. Weirdly there isn't an "Amartey being quick just so the idiots on FoxesTalk that are desperate for him to fail can shut up compilation" on YouTube.

Honestly, how do you not think he's quick and strong? I can live with you not rating him but ffs, what on earth are you watching?

I'm not desperate for him to fail? Not sure where you got that from? You're pretty good at fabricating things from nothing.

Why hasn't he played at CB when that's his preferred position? He got in the team of the tournament at AFCON playing there, played there for Copenhagen and yet we had no fit centre backs and he couldn't make the team. The manager and his staff clearly don't rate him there because he doesn't have the physicality to do it. I've seen centre halves who are slow, short, poor in the air, reckless in the tackle, have poor positioning but I have never seen a weak centre back. And Amartey gets shrugged off the ball all the time.

Often see people running past him because he doesn't have the pace to keep up. The only game I saw his raw attributes was against Swansea last season. Not seen them since.

What I am watching, is a young lad who isn't ready for Premier League football and the physical demands of it. A young lad who gets bullied and doesn't motor past people with pace. A young lad with potential and one I'd like to see succeed.

Perhaps if you crawled out of his rectum you'd see that he's not ready for us and that I'm not abusing him. I'm sorry I'm basing my opinion of him on the 20 months he's been here rather than a single YouTube clip.

Just now, dmayne7 said:

1) I'm not desperate for him to fail? Not sure where you got that from? You're pretty good at fabricating things from nothing.

2) Why hasn't he played at CB when that's his preferred position? He got in the team of the tournament at AFCON playing there, played there for Copenhagen and yet we had no fit centre backs and he couldn't make the team. The manager and his staff clearly don't rate him there because he doesn't have the physicality to do it. I've seen centre halves who are slow, short, poor in the air, reckless in the tackle, have poor positioning but I have never seen a weak centre back. And Amartey gets shrugged off the ball all the time.

3) Often see people running past him because he doesn't have the pace to keep up. The only game I saw his raw attributes was against Swansea last season. Not seen them since.

4) What I am watching, is a young lad who isn't ready for Premier League football and the physical demands of it. A young lad who gets bullied and doesn't motor past people with pace. A young lad with potential and one I'd like to see succeed.

5) Perhaps if you crawled out of his rectum you'd see that he's not ready for us and that I'm not abusing him. I'm sorry I'm basing my opinion of him on the 20 months he's been here rather than a single YouTube clip.

1) Nice that you had no problems with the word "idiot".... lol

2) Who says it's his preferred position? Have you spoken to Amartey and the coaching staff? 

Shrugged off the ball all the time? Seriously? When?

3) No you haven't ffs. You've probably seen people like Walcott sprint past him and then you've made your mind up.

4) He might not be ready to play in the Premier League. I actually agree that he's not ready to play week in week out but I think he's good enough to be a squad player at the moment. I think a loan to a top Championship side or a lower Premier League team would do him the world of good. If he wants to play every week at this level then he needs a position that's his own. Being a jack of all trades might be good for us but he'll always be a sub if that's the case.

5) lol Yes I'm basing my entire case on one YouTube video, definitely not every single minute I've seen of him in a Leicester shirt :rolleyes: