Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Daniel Amartey

He's one of the players I have fairly large doubts about. First time I saw him he looked uncomfortable on the ball. And it never got considerably better. I half expect this is because we're playing him out of position. And yes, he is young. I'd like him loaned out to the championship so he can find his feet.

4 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Now we've signed Maguire and Iborra, I just don't see where the lad fits in now. Especially when you consider that we might be after another central defender.

He's only a young lad, at the moment he's just a useful player to have in the squad as backup due to his versatility. Hopefully in the years to come he can progress into a starter in the first team, which I can only see as being a centre back because yes he can fill in midfield but no way has he got the technical ability to play there. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Now we've signed Maguire and Iborra, I just don't see where the lad fits in now. Especially when you consider that we might be after another central defender.

I do think a season loan will do him well. He looked fairly comfortable in his brief CB appearance so i'd really like this to be the focus of any loan....

Edited by MPH

• 3 weeks later...

Surely we can't go into the season with this guy as second choice RB.

Hes not even a RB, in fact I'm not sure what he is?

Really hope we get some back up for Simmo, if he gets injured we are in trouble.

When Coutinho done him twice yesterday ?

22 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

I'd sell/loan him before Mendy/Musa.

Hopefully Simpson doesn't get injured or suspended otherwise we are fuched.

We haven't been linked with a RB all summer so it looks like the plan is to play Amartey there.

I so hope not. We can't go into a Prem season with Amartey at RB if Simpson gets injured.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

He is part of the crap MAM trio and like his two buddies needs to get gone. 

That's not fair, Amartey can be useful - I'd be in no rush to get rid

Mendy - you could count on a Coalvillian's fingers the amount of minutes he's played for us. No one knows if he's any good yet

Musa - yeah terrible. Get rid.

Problem with Amartey is consistency, yesterday I thought he looked good at times but he always has a knack of making one or two eyesore errors.

Fans quickly blamed him for Liverpool's second goal yesterday, I don't think it was fully his fault, he got caught in two minds, Liverpool had a player on the overlap, Amartey decided to follow him leaving Countinho to be able to cut inside, we then backed off him, James was the culprit for that and in true Coutinho fashion he smashes it top corner.

I know quite a few don't but I see potential in Amartey, I wouldn't let him go just yet, give him another couple of seasons.

• Like 2

Agree with a lot of posts suggesting he needs to be loaned to the Championship. Oddly, I think as a club we do a great job sending younger players to Leagues 1 and 2, but hardly utilise the Championship. I can imagine Gray would have grown far more as a player if he had a similar season as Lawrence did last year. Amartey needs a consistent run of games as he looks out of place when he starts. He'd make a brilliant Championship centre midfielder too so hopefully the club are considering it. 

On 07/07/2017 at 15:51, gcxttle said:

He's only a young lad, at the moment he's just a useful player to have in the squad as backup due to his versatility. Hopefully in the years to come he can progress into a starter in the first team, which I can only see as being a centre back because yes he can fill in midfield but no way has he got the technical ability to play there. 

I don't really get this, anyone can be versatile in that case. You have to be a good player in a position to be considered versatile, not just shoved their because the management haven't got a clue what to do with you.

4 hours ago, mod hero said:

Surely we can't go into the season with this guy as second choice RB.

Hes not even a RB, in fact I'm not sure what he is?

Really hope we get some back up for Simmo, if he gets injured we are in trouble.

When Coutinho done him twice yesterday ?

To be fair though, Coutinho will do many players in the coming season, some more than twice.

I've said it before his biggest problem is he doesn't really know the game. Loses concentration and switches off. He needs to be schooled as to what to do, but once he learns he'll be a great asset. He's quick and strong but very young and immature. A loan to a Championship would at least help him get more experience.

When Courtino cut inside yesterday he just stopped completely. When he should have either got after him or took up a covering position.

They're exactly the kind of mistakes Schoolboys make until they understand the game.

Somewhere in his body I do think potentially is a very good player, Only time will tell.

• Like 1

Thought he's been fine in pre season so far.

the club need to help him out though by making up their minds what he is and have him working on that position day in day out, if he is seen as the reserve right back then fine, but let him work on that alone, Simpson can help mentor him as well

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

That's not fair, Amartey can be useful - I'd be in no rush to get rid

Mendy - you could count on a Coalvillian's fingers the amount of minutes he's played for us. No one knows if he's any good yet

Musa - yeah terrible. Get rid.

11 mins?

I wasn't too impressed with him at RB on the occasions he played there last season, but it was not a position he was used to and he only got the occasional game.  It looks very much to me as if Shakey wants the option of a more attacking RB and is going to develop him in that role - he's certainly quick and he can cross the ball - not notable characteristics of Simpson.  I don't think he has done so badly in the two pre-season games and with further development and game opportunities he could turn out alright, we will see.

From what I've seen of Dan especially in HK,I think there is massive potential there.He is still a young guy,give him a chance..people are too quick to judge new foreign players.A certain period of settling in and adjusting has to be allowed for especially with new players.Now Musa,I may make an exception...?

• Like 1