Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Daniel Amartey

MOTM, outstanding performance tonight. Seems to get better and better every game, and has been improving steadily for quite some time. I think if his development continues at the same rate over the next year or so, we're going to have quite a player on our hands. 

Edited by ian_marshall
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Koke said:

When did this guy becone so composed and assured? He looked good in previous rounds v Liverpool and Sheffield United as well. Where has these performances come from? One thing we know now is he is definitely a defender, not a midfielder.

Looked class tonight. If he keeps it up we might have a player on our hands. 

It's partly the Iborra effect, his composure and influence is having a huge ripple effect across the team, but also if you look back in this thread, Daniel has already had good games at RB this season.

It strikes me that the management team weren't as worried about getting a RB during the close season as we were, because they believe DA is good enough to cover for Simmo when necessary.

I'm delighted for the lad and for us, you could really hear how the crowd really got behind him tonight. That has to be a pretty big moment for him.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Feel he has too much ability to be wasted at RB personally. I'm torn on this one. 

He's so versatile I still think he could potentially do a job as CB or CDM

I agree. Personally think he could become an outstanding player if we went to a central 3 in midfield and he was given licence to play as a fluid CB/CDM, similar to how Luis plays for Chelsea. This would then allow us to play marauding FBs as he could drop into defence supporting the 2 CBs leaving us with a back 3 when the FBs push on. Don't see many players currently who have that level of versatility, and those that do cost a fortune. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, ian_marshall said:

I agree. Personally think he could become an outstanding player if we went to a central 3 in midfield and he was given licence to play as a fluid CB/CDM, similar to how Luis plays for Chelsea. This would then allow us to play marauding FBs as he could drop into defence supporting the 2 CBs leaving us with a back 3 when the FBs push on. Don't see many players currently who have that level of versatility, and those that do cost a fortune. 

We will probably sell him for 7.5m in january or something stupid

3 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

It was only Leeds :ph34r:

Sure, and that should be remembered, but his defending was still noticeably improved. His problem has historically been his positioning, he has played RB too narrowly in the past, leading many of us to point out he is naturally more a CB than a RB. But now that he is playing wider, and growing more comfortable trusting his CBs, his play is improving quite a bit. I know it is just Leeds, and yes, our lads were bigger, stronger, faster, and more talented than their lads, and we need to see him do it against a better-level squad, but his improvement in the finer details is still laudable I think, qnd worth acknowledging on a board that loves to tear these guys down.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, kingfox said:

Known as Big Dan now, won't be long before he's your new favourite player.

Won't be long before all the over harsh criticism is whitewashed as col is telling everyone how he always rated him and trying to convince us all he an all knowing football visionary.