Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Daniel Amartey

Where did that performance come from?!

He's had some decent games before - and some mediocre games. But he was seriously classy tonight.

Countless good interventions, excellent positioning, very comfortable in possession, dominant in air, some good forward passes, even a good dribble.... MoM! :thumbup:

When did this guy becone so composed and assured? He looked good in previous rounds v Liverpool and Sheffield United as well. Where has these performances come from? One thing we know now is he is definitely a defender, not a midfielder.

Looked class tonight. If he keeps it up we might have a player on our hands. 

He has had so much stick since he came it is unbelievable.  He has always looked like he had "something" it's just been hard to quite see exactly what that something was and how it could be best used but from the start I thought he looked like a player with potential.  He moved country, came into the most competitive league in the world and played a bit part in a mental season.  Then he was thrown in at the deep end in a position just vacated by literally the best in the world.  He came into a team with the biggest hangover in history and struggled but so did everyone else.  He is still only 22.  I know Col will probably want him hobbled but he is, in my opinion, a great player to have in the squad and I truly believe he has the potential to be a Premier League standard defender.

Well done Daniel, we love you. X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

He has had so much stick since he came it is unbelievable.  He has always looked like he had "something" it's just been hard to quite see what but from the start I thought he looked like a player with potential.  He moved country, came into the most competitive league in the world and played a bit part in a mental season.  Then he was thrown in at the deep end in a position just vacated by literally the best in the world.  He came into a team with the biggest hangover in history and struggled but so did everyone else.  He is still only 22.  I know Col will probably want him hobbled but he is, in my opinion, a great player to have in the squad and I truly believe he has the potential to be a Premier League standard defender.

Well done Daniel, we love you. X

Don't be daft Rumble. Credit where it's due son...

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Credit where it's due! Big Dan was solid as a bloody rock tonight. Appleton stated categorically that RB was his best position.

Known as Big Dan now, won't be long before he's your new favourite player.

• Like 2