Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Daniel Amartey

26 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

I'm not desperate for him to fail? Not sure where you got that from? You're pretty good at fabricating things from nothing.

Why hasn't he played at CB when that's his preferred position? He got in the team of the tournament at AFCON playing there, played there for Copenhagen and yet we had no fit centre backs and he couldn't make the team. The manager and his staff clearly don't rate him there because he doesn't have the physicality to do it. I've seen centre halves who are slow, short, poor in the air, reckless in the tackle, have poor positioning but I have never seen a weak centre back. And Amartey gets shrugged off the ball all the time.

Often see people running past him because he doesn't have the pace to keep up. The only game I saw his raw attributes was against Swansea last season. Not seen them since.

What I am watching, is a young lad who isn't ready for Premier League football and the physical demands of it. A young lad who gets bullied and doesn't motor past people with pace. A young lad with potential and one I'd like to see succeed.

Perhaps if you crawled out of his rectum you'd see that he's not ready for us and that I'm not abusing him. I'm sorry I'm basing my opinion of him on the 20 months he's been here rather than a single YouTube clip.

Genuinely stop trying mate. You won't get through. It won't compute.

Frankly, you're wasting your time.

34 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

1) Nice that you had no problems with the word "idiot".... lol

2) Who says it's his preferred position? Have you spoken to Amartey and the coaching staff? 

Shrugged off the ball all the time? Seriously? When?

3) No you haven't ffs. You've probably seen people like Walcott sprint past him and then you've made your mind up.

4) He might not be ready to play in the Premier League. I actually agree that he's not ready to play week in week out but I think he's good enough to be a squad player at the moment. I think a loan to a top Championship side or a lower Premier League team would do him the world of good. If he wants to play every week at this level then he needs a position that's his own. Being a jack of all trades might be good for us but he'll always be a sub if that's the case.

5) lol Yes I'm basing my entire case on one YouTube video, definitely not every single minute I've seen of him in a Leicester shirt :rolleyes:

lol

So along with saying I said things I didn't, accusing me of thinking a certain way, you're now telling me what I've seen?! Hahahahaha. That must be some kind of superhuman power you have.

If you went through my posts on here, you'd actually see I'm one of the most open minded person on here about players; I don't slag them off unnecessarily. I give everyone a chance. So please don't make assumptions that I'm some kind of melt like you who uses YouTube clips of Sunday League standard football to prove his point :thumbup:

As for his best position, it's where he's played his best football (Ghana, in Denmark) and its been publicised that it's best position. If you think it's anywhere else, he's fvcked.

And my original point was that he's not ready to play week in week out for us and should be loaned out.

8 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

lol

So along with saying I said things I didn't, accusing me of thinking a certain way, you're now telling me what I've seen?! Hahahahaha. That must be some kind of superhuman power you have.

If you went through my posts on here, you'd actually see I'm one of the most open minded person on here about players; I don't slag them off unnecessarily. I give everyone a chance. So please don't make assumptions that I'm some kind of melt like you who uses YouTube clips of Sunday League standard football to prove his point :thumbup:

As for his best position, it's where he's played his best football (Ghana, in Denmark) and its been publicised that it's best position. If you think it's anywhere else, he's fvcked.

And my original point was that he's not ready to play week in week out for us and should be loaned out.

You can't have seen things that haven't happened! lol 

The standard of football had nothing to do with the clip I posted :huh: It showed the lad tanking it from one end of the pitch to the other in the last minute yet you're here making out he isn't physical enough for the Premier League. You can have a go at his technical skill and his positioning but his physical attributes.... the man is a brute ffs. If you really were open minded you'd appreciate that.

I agree that it would be best for him to get game time at another club but under no circumstances should he be sold as he has all the physical attributes. A season or two playing in whatever we think is his best position would do him the world of good but in the mean time he's a very valuable sub to keep.

Edited by AKCJ

5 hours ago, AKCJ said:

For me, Amartey is best employed as the "sitter". Almost a 3rd centre half, man marking players like Juan Mata or David Silva, the type to get into the hole and make things happen.

I agree with that but don't with a lot you've said about Amartey. His ideal position would probably be the "Eric Dier" type role alternating between being the third centre half and the holding midfielder.

He would make a good centre half but he's not strong, nasty and tough enough.

He would make a good midfielder but isn't skilfull enough.

The problem with Amartey is he seems to lack one key component in every position to succeed. I also feel he lacks confidence which is probably a symptom of not knowing one position well enough. However I do feel he will be a later bloomer most likely as a centre half.

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I agree with that but don't with a lot you've said about Amartey. His ideal position would probably be the "Eric Dier" type role alternating between being the third centre half and the holding midfielder.

He would make a good centre half but he's not strong, nasty and tough enough.

He would make a good midfielder but isn't skilfull enough.

The problem with Amartey is he seems to lack one key component in every position to succeed. I also feel he lacks confidence which is probably a symptom of not knowing one position well enough. However I do feel he will be a later bloomer most likely as a centre half.

Yeah I agree with that. I also agree that he's not tough or nasty enough as a centre half. I do think he's plenty strong enough but he doesn't utilise it. I think he's too nice.

I agree that he'll get there and I also know what you mean about missing one or two attributes per position. The main, reoccurring one is his positioning though. He's not clever enough. That's probably down to a number of things. I doubt he got much quality coaching in Ghana or Sweden. I also don't think having to play a different position every week helps. He'll get there though, no doubt.

4 hours ago, Koke said:

Would like to see Maguire and Amartey CB pairing against Sheffield United. If he doesn't play against the Blades then he just won't play at all unless there's an injury crisis.

As much as I'd like to see this, with Huth out and Morgan looking in pain at the end of the Brighton game surely we can't risk playing Maguire unnecessarily tomorrow?

34 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

As much as I'd like to see this, with Huth out and Morgan looking in pain at the end of the Brighton game surely we can't risk playing Maguire unnecessarily tomorrow?

you really want him and Amartey to play together for the first time at Old Trafford?

2 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Sheffield Utd

yes but you said not to risk Maguire which would mean they would possibly play together for the first time at Old Trafford, if Wes is out then Maguire should partner whomever is going to play on Saturday out of Benny or Amartey, what ever happens I wouldn't start Huth at OT

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Amartey looks more solid defensively at full back than Chilwell does but Chilwell gets a free ride because he's young. Well Amartey is 22 and he still get pelters.

They are both very good players. I hope we keep them and play them. They could easily be part of the core of a european playing team for the next decade.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

He was fine last night. Solid. Composed. Hardly gave the ball away.

Does that mean I'd play him against Marcus Rashford?

No it doesnt.

And I don't think Rashford is 22 is he? Not that that matters at all.

Do you think that Morgan or Simpson of Fuchs have a hope against Rashford?

Rashford is a young version of Jamie Vardy. He'd be prefect as our no.9. Very few people have a chance against him.

We need to attack the Manure defence and get their attacking players doing what they can't do - defend.

All out war if we're to get any points. I think 2-2 but would love us to go all out for a 4-5 victory.

Vardy against Jones, Slimani against Bailly... oops it's not the match thread I'll stop there.

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I'm convinced that Shakey sees him as a long term right back as his principle position. That would be why we don't seem bothered about recruiting there. If that's true, I am starting to think he might be right.

It could well be his eventual position.

He looks quick and athletic which is vital for a full back. He has played midfield which means he has some talent on the ball. He has also played centre half which means he has certain defensive qualities. It's nice to have players in the team other than centre halves who can compete in the air.

Amartey is still young but he's at the stage that he needs to find a position rather than being the go to utility man.

10 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Amartey is still young but he's at the stage that he needs to find a position rather than being the go to utility man.

Or he could be our paul madeley?

You are right though. ..... yet despite cols misgivings i think dm would be his best roll.  He needs to stop runners by keeping goal side and not being beaten.

Dms are hard to find and worth more than cbs.

He should be working with a mentor to develop the right skills and mindset 

Amartey gets slated by some on here but Chillwell makes more mistakes, and somehow he's more highly rated than Amartey.

Amartey looks lost in central midfield, he doesn't track runners and isn't aggressive enough. In defence he's actually looked somewhat competent.

Amartey would be perfect to play CB in a three man defence. Might sound silly, but his athleticism would really compliment Maguire and a another. Without being a natural ball player he's not bad with the ball at feet and like Maguire could step up the pitch if needs be. Not 100% convinced he'd work in a two yet though.

Either way, every squad needs players like this, the ability to do a job in three positions is so valuable.

13 minutes ago, Koke said:

Amartey gets slated by some on here but Chillwell makes more mistakes, and somehow he's more highly rated than Amartey.

Amartey looks lost in central midfield, he doesn't track runners and isn't aggressive enough. In defence he's actually looked somewhat competent.

I have agreed with this on quite a few occasions. Not that people seem to register. My main concern over Amartey is in CM. His apparent lack of awareness over tracking runners is lacking. If he's gonna become established at this level, it's surely as a defender. He's much better looking and playing forward and with his ball at feet.

Edited by Col city fan