Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Next up at Fortress KP.. Southampton.. Thoughts?

Tottenham v Man City is also 2.15 kick off on Sunday So nobody will pay attention to this game. It will probably be a minor footnote on MOTD2 as well with United v Stoke and Burnley v Arsenal also playing Sunday

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

most players will have had a weeks break with their international teams (vardy and drinks) or at the club. Slim, Riyad, shinji, amartey, musa, will probably have played and travelled distance.  The only concern would be shinji, slim and Riyad but of these, none have been playing twice a week. Amartey probably the most exposed but mendy likely back to replace him. 

Simpson left out of Porto as Claudio wanted the long throw from both flanks (Casillas a flapping keeper) 

Slimani and mahrez ( algeria, H, 9th october ) shinji ( japan, H, 6th ocober snd Away to Australa , 11th october ) Musa ( Nigeria ,  Away   travelling to Zambia, 9th october )  and  Shlupp , Amartey (Ghana , Home, 7th october )

Just hope we can keep point(s) rolling in from now onward, would be reasonably happy with a 1-1 draw.

...can't find any satellite provider showing it that I can get, so I guess it'll have to be a stream if I can find one.

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Simpson left out of Porto as Claudio wanted the long throw from both flanks (Casillas a flapping keeper) 

Probably but I expect that something had to give after the Man U debacle. Hernandez provides more security defending corners.

1 hour ago, mikey54 said:

Because of Southampton's game on Thursday - not sure why it's 2.15 kick off though

59 minutes ago, Koke said:

Tottenham v Man City is also 2.15 kick off on Sunday So nobody will pay attention to this game. It will probably be a minor footnote on MOTD2 as well with United v Stoke and Burnley v Arsenal also playing Sunday

Dodgy stream it is then.

Not going to be on TV.

This is ****ing infuriating. I've just come back from 6 months living in Cape Town then spent a few months travelling around SA, Botswana, Namibia - EVERY SINGLE GAME including Saturday 3pm kick-offs are all shown LIVE throughout the continent and around the world. Now I'm back in England, living 9 miles from the stadium and I have no option to either listen to the radio or find an illegal stream.

In this day and age it is beyond stupid and an insult.

29 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Not going to be on TV.

This is ****ing infuriating. I've just come back from 6 months living in Cape Town then spent a few months travelling around SA, Botswana, Namibia - EVERY SINGLE GAME including Saturday 3pm kick-offs are all shown LIVE throughout the continent and around the world. Now I'm back in England, living 9 miles from the stadium and I have no option to either listen to the radio or find an illegal stream.

Have you tried the ticket exchange thread :unsure:

23 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Not going to be on TV.

.  Highlights could well be on BBC 1 or 2 for MOD2.

Agree totally. All PL games with all the TV money being pumped in, should See everygame

Being seen on TV, even if thats Sky or other. Pay TV..Where Sports pubs should be able to screen it.

I hope Claudio ,coaching team and players have got themselves sorted, on the concerns of the

New laws and their own tactics for defending.

My stance wouldnt change, defend corners and crosses, dont fear contact, cover oppo player,

and see free space is also defended...or get relegated, its being indecisive thats the probem.

Its crazy I know, but fearless means biting into the unknown.and yes I would rather us see Red

and 6 yellows,even  if it means starting and learning a new mental process.

FFS we cant afford to be whimps,   not now!!

Fight to defend the titles not hand it over with yellow flags...

36 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Have you tried the ticket exchange thread :unsure:

Still waiting for payday which is why I'm so annoyed that I can't watch it at the pub for the cost of a couple of pints...

35 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

.  Highlights could well be on BBC 1 or 2 for MOD2.

Agree totally. All PL games with all the TV money being pumped in, should See everygame

Being seen on TV, even if thats Sky or other. Pay TV..Where Sports pubs should be able to screen it.

It's absurd! I'd be happier if they still had a pay per view service like they did in the old days but to have no access at all is outrageous. It's completely legitimising the 'grey market' stream services.

Just sent them this:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am a lifelong Leicester City fan, though I am unable to attend most matches as I have to work on Saturdays, so I regularly look forward to when Leicester's fixtures are shifted for live broadcast. However, in the last few years I have had the privilege to live and work in the USA, South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, New Zealand. In ALL of those places, ALL premier league matches were broadcast live and freely available to pubs and their customers.

The Premier League is already an extremely popular and successful brand in these regions, as I'm sure you know. Being a Leicester City fan, I can tell you the popularity of not just my little football club but also the Premier League has increased exponentially in these regions in the last few months. Fans of the traditional big clubs - Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool etc, were glued to the Leicester City story as it developed, willing us on to become Premier League Champions.

And yet I come back to the UK, living in Leicestershire - 9 miles from the King Power Stadium itself - to find that due to an archaic UK law that has barely changed since the 60's, I can’t watch most live matches. Even worse - tomorrow's fixture between Leicester City and Southampton, which was shifted to Sunday because of Southampton's Europa League duties, is apparently not going to be broadcast on either Sky Sports or BT Sports. 

Why?

I understand you have a TV broadcasting new deal with these broadcasters, but for consumers in all nations able to access all Premier League fixtures when those in the country in which it is happening can't - is quite absurd, obscene, and frankly baffling.

Please advise on the following:

- Why are UK viewers not able to access live broadcasts of their local football fixtures when almost all others around the world are?

- Do the Premier League, Sky Sports and BT Sport plan to address this issue in future deals or indeed the current one, given the pressing matter?

- How can I access a live TV broadcast of tomorrow's fixture?

Please be advised that I plan to write to the FA and my local MP on this matter.

Kind Regards,

:revenge:

3 hours ago, norwichfox said:

Just hope we can keep point(s) rolling in from now onward, would be reasonably happy with a 1-1 draw.

...can't find any satellite provider showing it that I can get, so I guess it'll have to be a stream if I can find one.

its on skysport italia, digiturk, ote sport and a few others

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Just sent them this:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am a lifelong Leicester City fan, though I am unable to attend most matches as I have to work on Saturdays, so I regularly look forward to when Leicester's fixtures are shifted for live broadcast. However, in the last few years I have had the privilege to live and work in the USA, South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, New Zealand. In ALL of those places, ALL premier league matches were broadcast live and freely available to pubs and their customers.

The Premier League is already an extremely popular and successful brand in these regions, as I'm sure you know. Being a Leicester City fan, I can tell you the popularity of not just my little football club but also the Premier League has increased exponentially in these regions in the last few months. Fans of the traditional big clubs - Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool etc, were glued to the Leicester City story as it developed, willing us on to become Premier League Champions.

And yet I come back to the UK, living in Leicestershire - 9 miles from the King Power Stadium itself - to find that due to an archaic UK law that has barely changed since the 60's, I can’t watch most live matches. Even worse - tomorrow's fixture between Leicester City and Southampton, which was shifted to Sunday because of Southampton's Europa League duties, is apparently not going to be broadcast on either Sky Sports or BT Sports. 

Why?

I understand you have a TV broadcasting new deal with these broadcasters, but for consumers in all nations able to access all Premier League fixtures when those in the country in which it is happening can't - is quite absurd, obscene, and frankly baffling.

- Why are UK viewers not able to access live broadcasts of their local football fixtures when almost all others around the world are?

- Do the Premier League, Sky Sports and BT Sport plan to address this issue in future deals or indeed the current one, given the pressing matter?

Please be advised that I plan to write to the FA and my local MP on this matter.

Kind Regards,

Well, what a petty thing to get steamed up about! 

Get a bloody life.

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Just sent them this:

Dear Sir or Madam,

Why?

Kind Regards,

Is this an open letter?

Just need to forget about the recent results on the road and concentrate on the positive aura of the KP record. Do that and think we'll get the job done.

Obviously, I'd take 3 points anyway we can get them, so wouldn't begrudge a 1 nil. But, if we can open them up, really hope we aren't afraid to bag as many as possible. We certainly have the attacking players with the likes of Musa still needing to show something and get off the mark.

This is the crunch game for me. Lose and we will be flapping around the bottom half of the table, with away games against Chelsea and Spurs looming. Win and we'll be just inside the top-half with a little pressure eased. Also, teams around also dropped points so we need to take full adavantage. Southampton are no pushovers, so a win would equally do us the world of good, confidence-wise, as well as stopping the rot, points-wise.

Feel we should win, going for 2-0 but hoping for 5-0.

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Feel free to edit and send yourself.

Will make sod all difference - there's a blackout period for fear of negative impacts on lower league attendances. You get the moved matches and that's it - no other option.

we've been pretty good at home so far this season, they've played Thursday not far from the West Bank and have been delayed coming home - we should be in better shape coming in to this, and should win as a result

Archived