Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Next up at Fortress KP.. Southampton.. Thoughts?

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Just sent them this:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am a lifelong Leicester City fan, though I am unable to attend most matches as I have to work on Saturdays, so I regularly look forward to when Leicester's fixtures are shifted for live broadcast. However, in the last few years I have had the privilege to live and work in the USA, South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, New Zealand. In ALL of those places, ALL premier league matches were broadcast live and freely available to pubs and their customers.

The Premier League is already an extremely popular and successful brand in these regions, as I'm sure you know. Being a Leicester City fan, I can tell you the popularity of not just my little football club but also the Premier League has increased exponentially in these regions in the last few months. Fans of the traditional big clubs - Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool etc, were glued to the Leicester City story as it developed, willing us on to become Premier League Champions.

And yet I come back to the UK, living in Leicestershire - 9 miles from the King Power Stadium itself - to find that due to an archaic UK law that has barely changed since the 60's, I can’t watch most live matches. Even worse - tomorrow's fixture between Leicester City and Southampton, which was shifted to Sunday because of Southampton's Europa League duties, is apparently not going to be broadcast on either Sky Sports or BT Sports. 

Why?

I understand you have a TV broadcasting new deal with these broadcasters, but for consumers in all nations able to access all Premier League fixtures when those in the country in which it is happening can't - is quite absurd, obscene, and frankly baffling.

Please advise on the following:

- Why are UK viewers not able to access live broadcasts of their local football fixtures when almost all others around the world are?

- Do the Premier League, Sky Sports and BT Sport plan to address this issue in future deals or indeed the current one, given the pressing matter?

- How can I access a live TV broadcast of tomorrow's fixture?

Please be advised that I plan to write to the FA and my local MP on this matter.

Kind Regards,

:revenge:

If you had been around in the 80/90's you wouldn't have seen a city game unless we were on MOTD

We tend to moan these days if we are not on live somewhere every game!

I want to see us compete tomorrow. Adapting to the frailties shown up against Liverpool and Man United. I thought Hernandez was outstanding against Porto and deserves a start. Slight tweak with longer term aspirations in mind:

kasper

hernandez

morgan

huth

albrighton

fuchs

drinkwater

amartey

mahrez

vardy

slimani

however, I think we will go 4-4-2 and if that's the case, albrighton on the left, mahrez on the right and Hernandez taking the right back role. 

2-1 leicester. Austin to get a goal for them.

On 9/29/2016 at 13:48, Hammo said:

I expect Claudio to keep the same (winning) team, perhaps with only Simpson coming in for Hernandez. Five days' rest should be sufficient to shake off any fatigue, especially as the team (if not our international players) will have two weeks off after it.

I really value Albrighton's energy and effort but let's be honest (and if you don't believe me, watch a full re-run of the match) he was a liability for much of the game v Porto (two decisive interventions notwithstanding) because he kept giving the ball to the opposition with poor passes and crosses and weak challenges - and in so doing helped Porto to seize the initiative late on. He also messed up that big early chance against Man United. He should probably start v Southampton because of the balance he gives the team but he needs to up his game considerably or Claudio will hook him and replace him with Gray (who must be straining at the leash after his display at Old Trafford), which is exactly what he did after Albrighton's equally ropey first half at Wembley. As we know, Gray got the nod v Hull but messed up his chance. It's unlikely he will again now that his confidence is up, so the pressure's on Albrighton. Mahrez will not make way for Gray, and nor should he. He's too good - our 'light' as Claudio calls him.

Saints will make it tough and haven't conceded for a while, but they have more to fear from us than we have from them. We are the champions, and we are at our raucous, unbreachable fortress. I expect a contest and an outcome similar to Tuesday.

Well said!. My exact thoughts also.

I really don't see it with Hernandez. Distribution is poor, positional sense questionable at right back and overall he looks a real weakness to me.

I'd definitely play Simpson.

I think the team at the moment picks itself with Gray looking as though he may force his way into the 11 at some point soon.

Southampton are obviously on form and looked a good team last year as well. A draw wouldn't be a disaster.

Playing vards and slim upfront is a risk against a very competent footballing side. 2 v 3 in the middle at home Swansea and burnley isn't the same as Southampton. I would prefer to see a fresh shinji behind vardy whilst we attempt to take the game away from them but I will understand Claudio playing the same side. (Simpson will play RB as Southampton will not show the same frailties from long throws as Porto were expected to)

my fear is that we fall behind and bringing on shinji for slim would seem a defensive strategy when chasing the game. sometimes the sensible thing is less obvious. 

Anyway, if they are not at it mentally then we should prevail, whatever the tactical shenanigans! 

3 hours ago, PhillippaT said:

Is it on tv at all, anywhere/how? (I've watched games that weren't on British tv, yet were on US tv instead, (NBCSN Extra time etc.))

It's on tv on various channels around the world it's just not on tv in the U.K. 

15 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Just sent them this:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am a lifelong Leicester City fan, though I am unable to attend most matches as I have to work on Saturdays, so I regularly look forward to when Leicester's fixtures are shifted for live broadcast. However, in the last few years I have had the privilege to live and work in the USA, South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, New Zealand. In ALL of those places, ALL premier league matches were broadcast live and freely available to pubs and their customers.

The Premier League is already an extremely popular and successful brand in these regions, as I'm sure you know. Being a Leicester City fan, I can tell you the popularity of not just my little football club but also the Premier League has increased exponentially in these regions in the last few months. Fans of the traditional big clubs - Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool etc, were glued to the Leicester City story as it developed, willing us on to become Premier League Champions.

And yet I come back to the UK, living in Leicestershire - 9 miles from the King Power Stadium itself - to find that due to an archaic UK law that has barely changed since the 60's, I can’t watch most live matches. Even worse - tomorrow's fixture between Leicester City and Southampton, which was shifted to Sunday because of Southampton's Europa League duties, is apparently not going to be broadcast on either Sky Sports or BT Sports. 

Why?

I understand you have a TV broadcasting new deal with these broadcasters, but for consumers in all nations able to access all Premier League fixtures when those in the country in which it is happening can't - is quite absurd, obscene, and frankly baffling.

- Why are UK viewers not able to access live broadcasts of their local football fixtures when almost all others around the world are?

- Do the Premier League, Sky Sports and BT Sport plan to address this issue in future deals or indeed the current one, given the pressing matter?

Please be advised that I plan to write to the FA and my local MP on this matter.

Kind Regards,

I honestly don't understand what your complaint is about 

it's not just this country that applies this law as I'm sure you are aware of with you having the privilege to live and work in the USA

They "blackout" local games that are freely available in other parts of the country and the rest of the world 

9 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I want to see us compete tomorrow. Adapting to the frailties shown up against Liverpool and Man United. I thought Hernandez was outstanding against Porto and deserves a start. Slight tweak with longer term aspirations in mind:

kasper

hernandez

morgan

huth

albrighton

fuchs

drinkwater

amartey

mahrez

vardy

slimani

however, I think we will go 4-4-2 and if that's the case, albrighton on the left, mahrez on the right and Hernandez taking the right back role. 

2-1 leicester. Austin to get a goal for them.

I like that team as I think it's a better set up for the tougher teams. I also think it gives us more options when introducing changes from the bench. 

I can't see CR changing from 4-4-2 though and think it will be the same team as usual - with Simpson coming back in for Hernandez as the only change from Tuesday. 

16 hours ago, treer said:

its on skysport italia, digiturk, ote sport and a few others

Thanks for that, but sadly all ones that I can't descramble...I moved the dish to each those (and others)l yesterday to check.

3 hours ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

I really don't see it with Hernandez. Distribution is poor, positional sense questionable at right back and overall he looks a real weakness

For me he looks no different to Simpson. I much prefer his distribution to Simpson's though, Hernandez actually completes passes whereas Simpson just kicks it to their defenders. 

For me both should not be first choice right back (hernandez isnt even a rb), we should have splashed the cash on one in the Summer.

55 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Thanks for that, but sadly all ones that I can't descramble...I moved the dish to each those (and others)l yesterday to check.

if you google, there are many firms selling subs  for foreign channels, many give 3day free trials with instant connection

19 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Just sent them this:

Dear Sir or Madam,

Why?

Kind Regards,

A big part of the saturday 3 o'clock games not being broadcast is that they would potentially affect the attendance at other clubs games at that time with people choosing to stay home and watch Man City v Man United rather than attend their local match right the way down the leagues where incomes are more reliant on gate money. People watching from abroad at 3 o'clock are with some extreme exceptions unlikely to have been attending a game in England that day and therefore no other clubs have lost out. 

Why City v Southampton is not on, due to the popularity of the game many channels wanted the TV rights to show live games here and to put some substance in place of what they could actually bid to have permission to show, quotas in the form of several packages were devised. As we know Sky and BT won these packages and spread over the season having already decided to show three others today they were not going to show ours even if it doesn't clash with any others except for Man City v Spurs. It's frustrating I agree that people worldwide who have contributed FA to our game can see games which we can't but as I say this does not disrupt the attendance catchment for ticket money.

Archived