Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

WBA Post match

Still can't believe we lost that.

It was only cis if a Drinky mistake and u thought Musa was coming more and more into it and then gets subbed!!

Doesn't take Einstein to work out that we've got big problems,especially the midfield feeding the front line.

We can't keep hoiging the ball upto Vardy cis that ain't working. We've got a decent squad but the dynamics of the team just isn't clicking yet.

No creativity, front 2 who ever we play up top don't look a threat and cant link up. Midfield is the worst I 've seen in a while. We just lob it up to slim or out wide, no one seems to want to drive at the heart of the opposition.  Claudio or his scouting team should have brought better and brought the vital positions needed. Have nearly every player massive pay rise and they now sitting pretty on 4yr deals thinking they ain't got to do anything now. 

Thoroughly disappointed with today's performance. A performance which contained the same flaws as a number of other games this season with the exception that we didn't get away with this one.

Slow build up play with very little penetration is a big concern. I thought Claudio got the Musa sub wrong, but given I've questioned his decision making a few times this season today I'll be fair with my assessment that for today the players need to be held accountable for being substandard. 

I did think we looked better when we dropped Slimani behind Vardy and appeared to push Mahrez & Musa on, not sure if it was a 4-2-3-1 or not but we appeared to create more. I am not sure if Slimani has played deeper before or not at other clubs? 

All the talk around me in the pub before the match was how this was the start of a run of games where we shot up the table, "we'll be top 7 by Christmas I reckon" one guy said, I wonder what he's thinking now. 

Guest seanfox778
2 hours ago, peterborofox said:

I hate this 'we played midweek and we're tired ' card.

It's absolutely rubbish. 

Strange how shitness and tiredness go hand in hand.  Never hear a winning team or manager say they were tired 

Annoys me too, we won the Championship with a largely unchanged side and you play a lot of midweek games in that league and we put in top performances all the time. Poor excuse, we were nowhere near good enough today and the players need a kick up the back side as we can play so much better than this. 

17 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

It's incredible how one game can completely change your outlook.

A win today and we're 8th.  A defeat and we're 2 points off the relegation zone.

But thats it, isnt it..!!!  For 60 minutes like the Last  12 games, we didnt look like we could, should or dared to

Think about that  8th position.. We've had some moments in those 12 games, but for at least 60% of those games

We have looked worse than bad.I have been the last to be the one to carry a pin to burst that dream bubble.

We are playing worse than that period before january of our great escape season.

We've lost that "damn them all attitude"  The willingness to fight for that space, worse we have lost the aptitude

to grind, fight and to bite...We have forgot how to show why we earn the first 20k a weekin our paypacket, let alone

the rest

Just so shit.

In at least 50% of our matches this year, we've completely thrown away the first half. 

the same happened again today. Musa improved after the break today but that was a genuinely terrible performance from him in the first half. Why was Shinji taken off? It's difficult to get into the game in that number 10 position when king and drinkwater are 3 yards in front of the back four and you've got a donkey in front of you.

Got lucky against Palace.. they had 23 shots!..( draw would have been a fairer result.).. then we'd be on the same points as the third from bottom club!.. 

And  ..Southampton played us off the park and we somehow got a jammy point! 

...worrying times indeed! 

29 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

It's incredible how one game can completely change your outlook.

A win today and we're 8th.  A defeat and we're 2 points off the relegation zone.

I think a win today would only be papering over the cracks to be quite honest. We have problems all over the pitch that need addressing. The lack of consistency is what worries me the most. We just look like we cant be arsed with the premier league.

11 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Got lucky against Palace.. they had 23 shots!..( draw would have been a fairer result.).. then we'd be on the same points as the third from bottom club!.. 

Was a deserved win against Palace. They had loads of long range shots due to playing Andros Townsend. 

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

We've got nothing that will link attack to midfield.

We need an 'Ozil' type who can unlock a defence like WBA's.

I have no idea who we could get to play that position but we also need a defensive midfielder to cover.

In January i'd give United 20m for Schneiderlin. 

Edit; Bojan would suit us.

Should have got Ziyech in for his cheap price. Literally anyone really. Mahrez is the only one we have (maybe Gray eventually) that can break a defence open. 

January will be expensive. Hope the pound recovers a bit..

Awful game, awful performance, awful result. Classic Leicester to fight so hard in a fantastic unbeaten run only to lose it in a shit game in freezing weather.

The first half was probably the worst 45 minutes of football I've ever seen.

I think the main problem is that the players are too afraid for some odd reason to run at the opposition. Last season we got up the pitch by carrying the ball rather then just passing it, meaning that we have more players in attack and it pulls opponents towards the player on the ball creating space. Since the start of the season bar one or two games no one has had the guts to run with the ball and make something happen. What is really strange is that Mahrez and Schlupp, 2 players who in the past thrived off of running past their markers, seem to slow down and look for a pass first before making movements. I can't help but think this is something Ranieri is trying to teach them so we play more like a 'top' club but its not working if thats the case.

5 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Yeah that's a good assessment of it! NP and SW  and co had a big big influence in last year but to be fair Claudio did very well to exploit and improve what he had, but he is reverting to Italian type now and it's not good to watch....

We need to have a rethink of our tactics soon, and adapt to the new playing and coaching staff because the tactics of 2015/16 are not working for us and we are not as good as them as we were. I can take a loss but not in that manner at home to West friggin Bromwich and not even looking like scoring for most of the match.

I said when we got CR as manager it won't be until 12-18 months after that we see a Ranieri team. Obviously I am more fond now of CR as a manager but unfortunately the more he / the coaching staff changes personnel / influences things the worse we seem to be getting. 

Last season was incredible and we will be forever in debt for what Claudio achieved with the squad he had but some of the performances this season have been unacceptable. We really need to sort of the CM position, in some ways I wish we had kept Inler.

I think we are starting slowly because the players know they aren't as fit as last year (after a joke of a pre-season), particularly compared to the teams we are playing who have less games. The opposition looked fresher than us, again, which is the reverse of what we saw last year.

You can only really play a midfield 2 successfully if they are both top quality players. We don't have that at the mo, and it isn't really working.

DD looked out on his feet at the end of the Copenhagen game, and I worry for the workload, even if he is our fittest player.

#prayformendy

7 hours ago, AS78UK said:

Two of them played each other and we played WBA at HOME! 

Southampton beat inter Milan and then lost to fecking hull 

get a grip of yourself and who are we to be sneering at West Brom , they worked hard and deserved thier win , we like most of the European teams this week have struggled 

our squad isn't good enough sooner this European tour is over till Feb  the better so we can crack on getting up the league 

8 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

I said i can see why hes lasted only 2 years not quite the same as no wonder and if you read properly my original post you would see it says i expected a difficult season,its still early days but the signs are not good.i ll be always grateful for delivering us a league title in my lifetime.what annoys me is they seem to have a bit more fight for the champions league and as defending champions,im not happy about it.

And you think anyone is happy , the players or manager ? 

They had had a tough game midweek and just couldn't raise it yesterday 

9 hours ago, bigDfox33 said:

Fuchs - excellent 

Zeiler - pants 

Drinky - bad mistake 

King - championship player at best 

Vardy getting no service, we need to mix it up, too many crosses into the box, we need to make some shots on target, sick of seeing drinky hoof it over the bar every single time he has a go outside the box, keep head down and keep it low

Musa looked good, slimani looked good, no service to vardy, we are missing something, we look like we can't score anymore, are we trying to walk it in? 

Slagging off king , joined here in march , just saying :whistle:

10 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

I agree, blaming Champions league is bullcrap.  Spurs played well against arse.  Man u whipped Swansea, etc.

We were shit, we lost cus we didn't want it as much as WBA

Man united aren't in champions league :ph34r:

6 hours ago, weller54 said:

They are working times but we are cash rich and go and find the midfielder and young centre half we need 

we will be fine weller

Archived