Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

WBA Post match

1 minute ago, Manini said:

And what difference is pulling apart every aspect of it on an Internet forum going to make? 

I dont mind having a discussion but when people are throwing "Sunday league standard" and "get ready for the relegation battle" about, it just kills the whole point of it for me. Not even going to enter in to conversations if that's the subject.

we're poor mate, and unless you can pull a pair of boots on and go and stick 25 goals in for the season, there's not much you can do about it. Just been thankful there's teams that are worse than us! 

Name those teams at the moment. I don't get paid to stick my boots on, neither do you so a pointess argument and internet forum it is. But there is some honesty needed about the standard and style of football we are playing. We are not playing well and frankly settling for mediocrity is a dangerous game.

It's so frustrating that we need to wait until second half to barely get things going. No urgency whatsoever. No shots on goal in the first half, again. I'm trying not to sound overly pessimistic but looks like CR still haven't found his optimal team. He was completely outdone tactically by Pulis. Taking Okazaki off so early was a mistake imo, among other things. What worries me most is our lack of midfield options in the centre. Maybe we should play 3-5-2 with Mahrez in the middle as Drinky and King got annihilated by West Brom. I have honestly no idea how to fix this mess

#prayforMendy

14 minutes ago, weller54 said:

And how do you think we'll reach that number playing like that? 

We have played 11 games and won 12 points. At that rate 33 games will give us 36 points. At the same rate 38 games will give us 39 points.

Oh, and hopefully wont wont be playing as shite as we did tonight.

It's the complete lack of goal threat that concerns me. Last season we played the first half of the year scoring more than we were conceding. We are still conceding but now not scoring. No shots in a whole half is a joke, more so at home. Without kneejerking, I think we are in trouble if this continues.  

Jesus looking at the table makes for some sobering reading.  Champions of England two points of the bottom three just seven weeks before Christmas.

Penny for the owners thoughts if we fall into the drop zone from here on out after giving all the staff Champions League level salaries. :schlupp:

1 minute ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Go on then. Firstly, that's not true, we've lost plenty of times this season and I've not had anything to say on the matter because you do go to big teams and get pasted and we are only Leicester City, reigning champions or not.

However even under Pearson when bottom of the league, we always tried to play football and created chances and were usually good to watch normally the defence let us down when we lost. He did then ride out the tough period and keep us up and was removed before he could push on and reap the benefits of his work. Now new managers are usually coming in to sort out a mess but Claudio inherited a team on a winning streak. He was smart and only made minor tweaks, improved our defence, no doubt he made the best of it he could and delivered our greatest ever season. But everything good about that team - the desire and togetherness, Kanté, was due to the work of Pearson and his staff or the signings of Walsh.

The longer time goes on the more we are seeing a dour Italian team, defensive and lacking creativity. I believe this is a team in Claudio's image. The quality of the signings we are making are getting worse despite an increased budget, and I don't see it getting better unless the manager starts to adapt and play a more expansive game. Losing at home to West Brom is not acceptable, the manner of the performance much less so.

Cheers. I don't 100% agree with everything ofc, but fair enough. Just hope he and the players turn this around. 

Only point I will mention is the bit about a dour Italian team, I think we have shown we can still turn it up, against Brugge, Palace, even Spurs we did well, but we're so inconsistent so far this season. Ranieri needs to get that fire going somehow. Probably should start going on about those 40 points again..

23 minutes ago, crazyleicester said:

Morgan and Huth should be ashamed of themselves today! Once again Rondon bullied them something silly, especially Wes. Even 3 of them at times couldnt handle the hoofs towards him. I cant say I have ever seen a striker bully them like Rondon has done in the past but today was a real low regarding them.

Zieler made another top save but he just doesnt seem to have the confidence of those around him. The amount of time he took with his kicks was really annoying and it seems like the defence arent that sure of him yet. For the 2nd goal I thought his positioning was weak. I expected him to come steaming out to boot it clear but nothing.

King had one of his off days. We know what he gives but today was a bad day. It wasnt just him though as DD had an average game and Okazaki was non-existent.

Mahrez was easily our best player IMO and in the 2nd half Musa was playing well. I dont criticise CR often but taking Musa off was a bit of a weird one as he started to get the ball down and use his strengths. One thing that keeps creeping up on Musa is his unselfishness though. He needs to start being a bit more selfish. That time when he beat two men and got so close to go was the typical example. He needs to shoot there as the goal was gaping. Instead he looks for a pass that wasnt there. Hopefully he will come good though. Gray did some nice things on the left himself but we cant play all our wingers lol

Vardy came on and added a spark as usual. He and Slimani dont seem to link up well as a couple of times they had the perfect chance to put each other through and nothing. I feel sorry for Vards mostly as even DD and Kingy had balls to put through when he made runs and he just isnt getting the pass these days.

Anyway, we are gonna win the Champions League and FA Cup so I dont give a shite about the league. 40 points will do!!!

Mahrez the best player?  I didn't expect to read that tonight 

I think we've been slightly unlucky with central midfielders, Cambiasso one season, James career threatening injury, Kante jumped ship, Mendy long term injury. 

I think things might have been different if we'd not been messed about over Silva. 

Amartey and King aren't good enough.

1 minute ago, BlueSi13 said:

Jesus looking at the table makes for some sobering reading.  Champions of England two points of the bottom three just seven weeks before Christmas.

Penny for the owners thoughts if we fall into the drop zone from here on out after giving all of the staff Champions League level salaries. :schlupp:

Dont forget the cars.

Its ok we need a good bollocking to get our heads out of the sand. (inserrt ostrich comment here).

12 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Is that another hilarious joke like your one in the match thread about wanting to relegated? 

Indeedy. 

In all seriousness though, does anyone else think Okazaki offers nothing upfront but running around like a headless chicken? He's never making runs, running the channels or looking like a goalscoring threat. Yeah he scored a few weeks back but he genuinely offers little. 

15 minutes ago, Tuna said:

He can't play in a midfield 2. He's just not good enough.

How many times does he have to dis-prove this for it to make it go away? Do we need to win the Champions League with him in a 2, is that it?

I thought the first half was awful. Mainly because WBA played really well, and pressured us. This carried into the second half and they scored. We immediately picked up, equalised and were the better team for 15 minutes or so. Then we drop our level and made a terrible mistake and handed them a winner. A draw might have been fairer but you can't do what Drinky did and expect to get results.

Some odd selections today. I like Musa, but why start him with Slimani. Albrighton is our best deliverer of the ball. Then bring Ulloa on and still not use Albrighton. I wanted him bombing balls into the box if we're going to play with target men.

I also think Ranieri has a problem in that nobody seems to be able to string a few good games together. Vardy has been shite lately, but looked much better when he came on. Shinji has been good, but was ineffective today. Drinkwater is up and down. So are King and Amartey. The only ones I'd say guarantee a decent performance right now are Simpson and Slimani. How can he pick a team based on such inconsistency?

@Izzy Muzzett

It's clear that the chopping and changing of the side for the league/Champs league is fookin us up.

First thing I think Ranieri must do is to decide upon his best team...and his best formation..and play them.

We never know who is going to play from one game to the next and this is showing on the pitch. There's no fluency. Vardy can't read Slim very well and vice versa. Amartey plays a few then is dropped. Where's Albrighton? Musa seems to drift in and out, as does Shinji.

Pretty much, the most successful sides have played with their team mates, week in, week out. 

Im no fan of Amartey...but if we are going to play him, then play him. Gray looks ok, but he'll get nowhere coming on for 20 mins at the end of games we are chasing. If the choice is Musa..then play him every week.

We look disjointed and, IMO, it's not surprising when we are chopping and changing like this.

Im afraid however, that the not signing a real quality central midfielder in the summer IS biting us on the arse. I said this as soon as I saw us in the pre season. We must address this issue as soon as we can if we aren't going to get drawn into a daft bloody relegation scrap.

Of all the teams to end our unbeaten home record, it's the boring Baggies :(

We had a few chances but today was nowhere near good enough, our play was far too predictable and it played into West Brom's hands. The constant diagonal balls sometimes worked, sometimes they didn't, but that's all we seemed to do. No quality through the middle, our quick link up play was non existent. Just getting crosses in the box is far too predictable, that's what West Brom usually thrive on and it showed towards the end of the game, it was too easy for them.

The biggest problem for me today was our central midfield partnership, James Morrison & Darren Fletcher were much better than King & Drinky, simple as that.

As for positives, I thought Simpson had another good game, Wes & Huth looked alright too, apart from that the team was poor & far too predictable.

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

Just putting it out there... if we had wingers who could cross and not ones aimlessly running at defences we'd have won about 5-2!! Missed Albrighton today

Were our wingers playing on the correct wing and not having to cut in all the time would be a start.

Why do they never swap over to change it up.

Every man and his dog knows Mahrez is going to try and cut inside to get it on his left.

Really is making the defenders jobs easy.

Then we need two centre backs that can defend and just want rid of the ball.

7 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Indeedy. 

In all seriousness though, does anyone else think Okazaki offers nothing upfront but running around like a headless chicken? He's never making runs, running the channels or looking like a goalscoring threat. Yeah he scored a few weeks back but he genuinely offers little. 

Hope your previous 4000 posts were better than the last two

Archived