Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

WBA Post match

Fuchs - excellent 

Zeiler - pants 

Drinky - bad mistake 

King - championship player at best 

Vardy getting no service, we need to mix it up, too many crosses into the box, we need to make some shots on target, sick of seeing drinky hoof it over the bar every single time he has a go outside the box, keep head down and keep it low

Musa looked good, slimani looked good, no service to vardy, we are missing something, we look like we can't score anymore, are we trying to walk it in? 

11 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Forgot to mention Zieler. Someone needs to tell him to stop being a cocky little sod with the ball and just clear it when he's being closed down. Might think he looks good making the opposition look silly but he'll look like the **** when they score from it.

Our midfield and defenders should stop being cocky little sods, and keep passing it back to the goalkeeper..We do it too often.

The GK  isnt our problem its the Other 10 In front Who are  not pulling their weight...

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Leicester boss Claudio Ranieri: "We tried to do our match - the first half wasn't so good, the second was better.

"Today it wasn't so easy. Maybe we played too much in Champions League.

"We have to speak to find a solution together. I am unhappy because we lost our home record.

"We have to stay together as we did last season when everything was right."

Thoughts?

Not exactly inspired, he said more or less the same after Chelsea - need to get angry and ruthless Claudio. Say it as it is - its not good enough - the players must peform better.

They certainly didn't play too much in the Champions League, looked like we were going at about 40% in that. 

7 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

You can actually see why ranieri as never lasted anywhere longer than 2 seasons,keep saying about pre season and summer recruitment being piss poor,this season was always going to be difficult but going backwards that much is depressing.We can only raise our peckers for the champions league.unacceptable.

Go and support derby or forest,or even cov,

am fed up of people like you questioning the most successful manger we've ever had,

has given us as fans,

the way things are going this season is exactly what is expected of a club like us,

except we're champions of England so should be nearer top than bottom,

WERE LEICESTER CITY,

you and most others are like some spoilt brat at xmas,

that because 1 year they get more than they were expecting,

expect bigger and better the next year,

but nothing is good enough,

forgetting that what you had was once in lifetime experience,

claudio,regardless off the pessimists has surpassed any expectation amongst the normal fans,

even with champions league football,

and with each game played were breaking records,

but let's question Claudio and his 30+ years experience cuz we're all great managers aren't we,

lets moan at the man that's gave us 'once in a lifetime' experience,

be careful what you wish for cuz when it's gone you ain't gettin this back in your lifetime 

2 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

It was quite predictable at times, sort of reluctance in what to do.

Mahrez was best player, Drinkwater was poor. Zieler takes ages to clear.

Treble that time for our defenders who cant clear their own Fking lines.

Ffs stop getting on Zielers back.His clearances were no worse than Kaspers

and 99%  better that those dreamers in the back 6...

2 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

am fed up of people like you questioning the most successful manger we've ever had,

has given us as fans,

the way things are going this season is exactly what is expected of a club like us,

WERE LEICESTER CITY,

claudio,regardless off the pessimists has surpassed any expectation amongst the normal fans,

but let's question Claudio and his 30+ years experience cuz we're all great managers aren't we,

be careful what you wish for cuz when it's gone you ain't gettin this back in your lifetime 

I agree - I think a few fans have forgotten where we have come from. I'm frustrated after today but I also know that this team are capable of better and will be mid-table by Xmas. 8-10th this year and 2nd round of CL is a good solid season. Last season was a one-off and happened because of so many factors including amazing efforts and turmoil at others clubs. They have come back this better - and we better get used to being a team that occupies anywhere between 6th and 12rh each season. We will be fine post Brugge 

For 55 minutes we looked awful. 

Slimani got the equaliser from nowhere and we suddenly burst into life only to make a 2014/15 midfield/defensive blunder for which we were punished.

It's not great, I've never been Andy King's biggest critic or 100% confident in him but today I've got to say he's not a starter for me. We're exposed in central midfield, not paying Sporting's ransom for Silva is looking like a mistake. I'm hoping Mendy is match fit and is able to slip in.

Threre was no real pattern until we started to get it wide to Mahrez and Musa/Grey. We don't look sharp enough, in the build up to their second there were about four 50/50 balls and we didn't win one of them.  Balls are going up to two players and both leave it. Maybe it's because we're rotating so much but we just look average.

Last season has gone...enjoy it we have and always will..

Football does not stand still though and neither should we..

We got what was coming to us today and we lack creativity in the centre of the park and are a one dimensional team..Although we have been worked out as a team we still try the same get out ball in behind the oppositions defence..

12 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

has given us as fans,

WERE LEICESTER CITY,

So which part of what i said am i wrong about? You say it like i called for his sacking, i didnt,but i stand by what i said,recruitment was poor,tactics have been poor as have substitutions,something he got spot on last season.

2 minutes ago, Riot Van said:

Could have been 5-0 at half time if Musa could kick a football properly 

Really? He hardly touched the ball in the first half despite being in acres of space 

instead we kept passing to mahrez who had 2 or 3 players around him constantly 

Need to go back to pressing like WBA did to us today. Liverpool should be our model imo, close down with speed so the opposition cant play then spring fowards with pace and skill.

Ranieri needs to put emphasis on attack rather then defense now. So many times last season we would counter and have 3 or 4 men in the box ready to pouce on any deflection or cross, today we only had one or 2 until the last 10 minutes when we were chasing the game. Effort has dropped dramatically and its one of the reasons we are finding it much tougher.

Just now, jammie82uk said:

Really? He hardly touched the ball in the first half despite being in acres of space 

instead we kept passing to mahrez who had 2 or 3 players around him constantly 

I can think of at least 5 times where he's had the ball in that wide position and made absolutely shit all from it.

Mahrez actually whipped in a few decent balls.

Last season we harried and pressed sides and it wasn't just Kante but throughout the team. All that seems to have gone at the moment and we can't really counterattack because sides now sit back more and have time to play against us. When we have the ball we are hesitant and lacking the confidence to use the ball creatively. Liverpool aside, other teams haven't really pressed us, so it isn't that we are being forced into errors. Our set piece defence is shaky. We need a creative midfielder who can control matters better or change formation which will support our attack and provide more cover for the central defenders both of whom seem jittery at the moment.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Losing by three or four goals away is one thing...but this is far more worrying.

We wouldn't have lost today if Drinkwater hadn't made that dog shite of a back pass...West Brom were never gonna get the winner. But that's not the point...the point again is HOW we are playing. Zero shots (that's NONE) in the first half, followed by not really looking like equalizing after Phillips slotted home the winner.

Musa, I thought, was dreadful. Vardy looks like he can't hit a barn door. Drinkwater was hitting long ball after long ball.

Its now no excuse..the usual suspects will post to the tune of 'we were unlucky', 'we are focusing on the Chams League' and all that gubbins. But none of this excuses HOW we are playing. We no longer look the incisive, quick countering, free scoring, defensively solid side that we did last season. We look ponderous, short of ideas, susceptible to conceding every game and just lacking any clear game plan.

People might say we are going great in the Champs League. Well it's a bloody good job we had the group we had. If we'd been pitted against any team of note at present, we'd be struggling in that tournament too.

Very disappointing.

Not Amarteys fault this time again then?

Archived