Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

WBA Post match

9 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

I hate this 'we played midweek and we're tired ' card.

It's absolutely rubbish. 

Strange how shitness and tiredness go hand in hand.  Never hear a winning team or manager say they were tired 

Southampton played Thursday night in Israel prior to coming to Leicester on the Sunday for a 0-0. Must be hard 3 hours of graft in 4 days.

I wouldnt mind being shit again if the players didn't all get massive pay rises. It is really annoying me how we are paying champions league salaries and appearing to just aim for survival. It doesn't sit right with me. It makes me sick to think of the players we could have signed instead of forking out massive new wages

Mahrez's first touch today was world class, especially second half, but he was wasteful in possession at times in the first half and didn't find passes when he needed to, opting to try and dance through too many bodies instead of getting rid. Musa was dire first half and didn't try and beat anyone despite his obvious advantage in terms of pace; in the first quarter of an hour in the second half he tried to beat his man 3 times and either got past him or won a corner each time, which first makes you wonder why he wasn't doing it before and second also makes you question the timing of the Gray substitution. Whatever the case, Musa needs to run at people more if he wants to start ahead of Gray. 

I love Kingy and still think he has something to offer, but he was absent today it has to be said. Always a yard away from where he needed to be, bottled a lot of challenges, and misplaced some simple passes. Drinky wasn't amazing either but that's not something we've said often over the last year or so.

All in all a pretty sad day considering how frightening we were last year. Teams aren't scared of us now, they know how to stop us and are confident we'll have no plan B. I still don't think we're far away from being brilliant again though. 

8 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

I agree - I think a few fans have forgotten where we have come from. I'm frustrated after today but I also know that this team are capable of better and will be mid-table by Xmas. 8-10th this year and 2nd round of CL is a good solid season. Last season was a one-off and happened because of so many factors including amazing efforts and turmoil at others clubs. They have come back this better - and we better get used to being a team that occupies anywhere between 6th and 12rh each season. We will be fine post Brugge 

I'm as frustrated as others,

but like Claudio said last year,

lets get to 40 points,then go from there,

the difference this season is the unrealistic expectation that at worst we should be expecting a 6-8 place position,

i would love that,

but im not deluded,

i would snap your arm off for a 17 place finish,a good champs league run

(an experience I never thought Ild get)

then go again next season when there's no expectation and see where that gets us,

it just annoys me that with 'fan power'

being what it is,

claudio will probably lose his job if my expectation is anything to go by,

when he's given us much more than we could ever have dreamt of

Guest CityFan 06

I felt a draw would've been a fairer result today on the basis of both teams play. We needed to be slicker, faster and more creative in possession. West Brom did their job and did it well enough, didn't think we deserved to lose though. I felt we were in the ascendency just before their second. When they scored, we already knew West Brom have the ability to keep hold of leads and they did that. It was a good finish from Phillips for their second to be fair, he was pretty alright today I thought. Zieler did make one excellent save down to his right first half, from my angle I thought that was in. Good hand to save it. 

Drinkwater was so much worse than King today. I, like everyone else, realise that Drinky is the better player of the two, but it's embarrassing that people can't call out a bad performance from a popular player. In fact, forget bad. That was monumentally p*ss fvcking poor. Genuinely one of the worst individual performances I have seen from a Leicester player. Certainly from this squad at least.

I was thinking he needed to be taken off way before his mistake. It's irritating that people are talking about one mistake because actually his performance was driven by several mistakes. There were more mistakes than useful contributions.

Maybe he's knackered. He certainly looked it. Either way, he was shocking tonight and his form last season seems to be protecting him from people realising that.

He alone was the main reason we didn't click tonight. Everything that went through him broke down.

Also very disappointed by CR's changes. Okazaki looked very bright and was pulled. Musa had the beating of his man and was taken off when we had our tails up.

I can't help but feel incredible frustration because a couple of slight differences in personnel would have seen us win.

Oh and Kasper is better than Zieler. Not that Zieler is terrible or anything but come on, can we put that one to bed now?

6 minutes ago, Riot Van said:

I can think of at least 5 times where he's had the ball in that wide position and made absolutely shit all from it.

Mahrez actually whipped in a few decent balls.

Can't deny that but According to the stats Mahrez only completed 1 out of 10 crosses 

i feel we didn't utilise Musa well today in the first half he kept pointing where he wanted the ball to break the offside due to the high line but it never came always ended up with Mahrez 

second half he had the beating of his man every single time but we drag him off for Gray who offered very little 

All the king fan boys with Drinky was worse today, your having a laugh.  Baring Drinks mistake he actually made attempts to attack.  Where King let Morrison get in front to get his goal, amateuristic midfield play throughout

Drinky has been exceptional, I believe he needs a rest.  Kingy should be fresh like my undies, but way does that guy stink of failure at this level

16 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

So which part of what i said am i wrong about? You say it like i called for his sacking, i didnt,but i stand by what i said,recruitment was poor,tactics have been poor as have substitutions,something he got spot on last season.

Are you nieve enough to think that the manager has control over recruitment,

you make a statement saying it's no wonder he's only lasted Upto 2 years in a job,

the difference between you and me as fans,

is that if he lasts only till the end of this season,

i will still be grateful for what he's given us as a club,

im not some deluded supporter who expects better each year,were lcfc,

do you think west brom fans will think that because they beat the champions in there own back yard,

that they can go and win the league,

no,because they know  it's lcfc and last season was a unbelievable one off and they'll be expecting to compete with us for that 13-14 place finish,

its really quite sad that other teams fans have a more accurate expectation of our club than our own

Feck off with the expecting too much shit, I don't expect much other than people giving their all and trying to play some footy now and again. The last part has vanished for pretty much the last year and I'm getting bored win, lose or draw.

Have we all stopped feeling sorry for ourselves or angry yet

Performance was poor but WBA were better than I expected

It's the first time I've seen Claudio visibly annoyed on the touch line.

It takes me back to so many times before, but they have been my team for 47 years and will remain the Team I support until God or the Devil calls me.

tumblr_m5o4jnNl0H1rwq5ygo1_500.gif

1 minute ago, Dr The Singh said:

All the king fan boys with Drinky was worse today, your having a laugh.  Baring Drinks mistake he actually made attempts to attack.  Where King let Morrison get in front to get his goal, amateuristic midfield play throughout

Drinky has been exceptional, I believe he needs a rest.  Kingy should be fresh like my undies, but way does that guy stink of failure at this level

They were both dog turd, but DD is clearly trying to force it and do too much. He needs partner.

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Feck off with the expecting too much shit, I don't expect much other than people giving their all and trying to play some footy now and again. The last part has vanished for pretty much the last year and I'm getting bored win, lose or draw.

What? You think we haven't played any good football since last November?

We won the league last year, Great. Performances like these however make a mockery of being Premier League champions. Almost embarrassing!.

West Brom were terrible and to say they beat us can only show how poor we were.

Long ball out to the wings is way over played and has championship football written all over it.

Questions need to be asked and changes need to be made. No reason why we wont be in a relegation battle if these performances continue.

I suppose its back to reality.

1 hour ago, FLAN said:

Mahrez the best player?  I didn't expect to read that tonight 

You dont think Mahrez was our best player tonight? He ripped there right back apart in the second half. We were hoofing the ball towards him and he was bringing it down and getting to the byline loads. I wouldnt say he was outstanding but I cant think of a player for us who performed better.

Two mistakes. 1.at 1-1 Musa should scored instead of trying to square it clear run through with Fosters legs wide open and loads of room to his right. 2. Forget the back pass, zeiler should of come out quicker he had loads of time to get there instead he just stood there, shocking keeping. We've played like this all season to many players having 6 out of 10 every week.

Frustrating day. First half was woeful and it's a shame they had to score to motivate us, however we were very unlucky to lose. 

Atmosphere was poor. Pawson, as per, was shambolic. Most players were below par too, although I thought Fuchs and particularly Mahrez were outstanding. King was back to his nervy, non committed self - a real shame after recent performances. Vardy is well off his old self, be it pace, luck, confidence or effort I'm not sure. 

And wba, man are they an absolute drain on this league. That must be soul sapping to watch every week. 

1 minute ago, sdb said:

Frustrating day. First half was woeful and it's a shame they had to score to motivate us, however we were very unlucky to lose. 

Atmosphere was poor. Pawson, as per, was shambolic. Most players were below par too, although I thought Fuchs and particularly Mahrez were outstanding. King was back to his nervy, non committed self - a real shame after recent performances. Vardy is well off his old self, be it pace, luck, confidence or effort I'm not sure. 

And wba, man are they an absolute drain on this league. That must be soul sapping to watch every week. 

West Bromwich played well, it was a good away performance, if we had played like that away from home, we all would creaming ourselves in glory

Archived