Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

WBA Post match

West Brom bullied us and their game plan worked. We looked horrible....and Claudio made some horrendous decisions regarding subs......bringing Okazaki off was a stupid decision, and then DG offered **** all when he came on......

We're actually a really easy team to beat, sit back and we can't do anything, we're poor in posession, passing is always sloppy and constantly look to switch play to Mahrez. Shinji offers more of a dynamic approach as he can drop into the hole and act as a number ten, but then we withdraw him and introduce a partnership that works as well spunk on an apple pie. 

Today highlighted again that we have no plan b, our summer recruitment was shit and Claudio is slowly starting to be what the media promised. 

Most of the teams this year are playing a deeper backline completely nullifying our playing on the break. They are all professional clubs and are doing their homework on us to great affect. We can't do those breaks from just inside the opposition half anymore  because they are defending 25 yards deeper. Ranieri needs to change our approach because the way WBA played is going to be adopted by the mid Bottom teams. The top boys will think they can blow us away anyway but will still defend slightly deeper to eliminate our threat. Last year was a glorious one off never to be repeated methinks.,

13 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Cheers. I don't 100% agree with everything ofc, but fair enough. Just hope he and the players turn this around. 

Only point I will mention is the bit about a dour Italian team, I think we have shown we can still turn it up, against Brugge, Palace, even Spurs we did well, but we're so inconsistent so far this season. Ranieri needs to get that fire going somehow. Probably should start going on about those 40 points again..

I'm of course a bit angry and overreacting soon after the game but stand by my points. Ranieri is clearly far from a poor manager but we're not chasing the league any more, we don't need to play like this. We need either need to get some of that underdog mentality back I think, or stop playing with fear and let the chains off a bit, not sure which one! We shouldn't go down but if we're going to finish lower mid table whilst giving the CL our best shot, let's at least try to play some good stuff

7 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Were our wingers playing on the correct wing and not having to cut in all the time would be a start.

Why do they never swap over to change it up.

Every man and his dog knows Mahrez is going to try and cut inside to get it on his left.

Really is making the defenders jobs easy.

Then we need two centre backs that can defend and just want rid of the ball.

Fair point... Nyom for them

was horrendous and we still lost... I've not seen a worse footballer than him

You can actually see why ranieri as never lasted anywhere longer than 2 seasons,keep saying about pre season and summer recruitment being piss poor,this season was always going to be difficult but going backwards that much is depressing.We can only raise our peckers for the champions league.unacceptable.

Ohh FFS and off to work I go now other than my good friend who actually goes to the baggies games will talk about the game and get the mindless ****witts who have never seen them play taking the piss about beating the champions of England at Home oh the joy of the mindless ****witt  !!

Forgot to mention Zieler. Someone needs to tell him to stop being a cocky little sod with the ball and just clear it when he's being closed down. Might think he looks good making the opposition look silly but he'll look like the **** when they score from it.

2 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Ohh FFS and off to work I go now other than my good friend who actually goes to the baggies games will talk about the game and get the mindless ****witts who have never seen them play taking the piss about beating the champions of England at Home oh the joy of the mindless ****witt  !!

You sound a little pissed.

1 minute ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

its the lack of heart, drive, ideas, desire, composure, thought, skill, ability, and brains that hurts the most, everything we had to be proud about last season has gone, we really need to get it back and quickly.

it's the lack of midfield play

Not strong enough. WBA bullied us and practically dominated midfield. King was atrocious and Drinkwater not much better although I feel for him with his mistake because he's been our best player this season. 

Like I've said all season, our style of play is shocking. 

Just now, Number 6 said:

How many good performances have we actually had this season? Going to be a tough season.

Swansea (first half), Burnley Palace and Spurs.

Southampton was a poor home performance earlier this season - they deserved to beat us.

Just now, Fox92 said:

Swansea (first half), Burnley Palace and Spurs.

Southampton was a poor home performance earlier this season - they deserved to beat us.

Would agree with that. And I think it's what is the most worrying aspect. We'll be out of the CL in the first knockout and then it's all about salvaging the league. The next run of fixtures is absolutely vital.

34 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

West Brom are notoriously a tough side to break down.  We gifted them the second goal which I think Kasper would have saved it.  Drab game.  Move on.

Kasper let in some easy 1 on ones. After Drinkwaters howler, why in hell have a go at the GKeeper..

Just now, Number 6 said:

How many good performances have we actually had this season? Going to be a tough season.

We were totally spoiled last season. The only times I walked away from a game (or watched on TV) thinking we could or should have done better were:

Bournemouth away

Liverpooo away

Bournemouth home

Villa away

Other than that every game the tactics were (at least broadly) right and the application was spot on. To get it right 34/38 games is absolutely unbelievable, especially when you contrast with this season when I'd say we could or should have done better in:

Hull away

Liverpool away

Man United away

Southampton home

Chelsea away

West Brom home.

It's just so disappointing given what we saw last year. Obviously I expected us to come back to earth at some point but the fall from grace has been both spectacular and largely of our own making.

I'm not sure I agree with this theory that other teams have learnt how we play and therefore set out to nullify us.

It was completely obvious how we played for two thirds of last season. And the opposition MUST have learnt this. However, they still couldn't stop us doing it.

Our problems this season are coming primarily from ourselves. From how WE are playing. The other obvious difference is that many of the top teams, this season, really are top teams again. They were pretty piss poor last season.

Leicester boss Claudio Ranieri: "We tried to do our match - the first half wasn't so good, the second was better.

"Today it wasn't so easy. Maybe we played too much in Champions League.

"We have to speak to find a solution together. I am unhappy because we lost our home record.

"We have to stay together as we did last season when everything was right."

Thoughts?

Not exactly inspired, he said more or less the same after Chelsea - need to get angry and ruthless Claudio. Say it as it is - its not good enough - the players must peform better.

Archived