Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

WBA Post match

Just now, Dr The Singh said:

West Bromwich played well, it was a good away performance, if we had played like that away from home, we all would creaming ourselves in glory

Yeah but they play like that every week, home and away. Would you want to watch that all the time and finish 14th every season?!

18 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

Are you nieve enough to think that the manager has control over recruitment,

you make a statement saying it's no wonder he's only lasted Upto 2 years in a job,

the difference between you and me as fans,

is that if he lasts only till the end of this season,

i will still be grateful for what he's given us as a club,

im not some deluded supporter who expects better each year,were lcfc,

do you think west brom fans will think that because they beat the champions in there own back yard,

that they can go and win the league,

no,because they know  it's lcfc and last season was a unbelievable one off and they'll be expecting to compete with us for that 13-14 place finish,

its really quite sad that other teams fans have a more accurate expectation of our club than our own

I said i can see why hes lasted only 2 years not quite the same as no wonder and if you read properly my original post you would see it says i expected a difficult season,its still early days but the signs are not good.i ll be always grateful for delivering us a league title in my lifetime.what annoys me is they seem to have a bit more fight for the champions league and as defending champions,im not happy about it.

I think that we are in genuine trouble this season....and it frustrates the hell out of me with this stupid ****ing "what did you expect" bullshit....

I expected us to build on last year, with clever recruitment and a clear plan to retain our champions league spot, we had no better opportunity to do so...

but instead our head of recruitment leaves, and we make substandard signings failing to replace the one truly important part of our team and for the main, not the sole but the main reason we won the league. 

It just seems funny how now Claudio appears to have a more hands on approach at the club things start to go Pete tong. You're not telling me that Walsh couldn't wait to leave the English champions? Something went on during the pre-season which made him leave, which in tern has had a significant effect on our activity on the transfer market throughout the summer in my opinion. We're going to have to limp through to January and hope we can pull off one or two sensational signing to even think about Europe again.

Losing pace with the top six for me is a failure, we've really made a mess of things so far.

Pathetic all round. Especially by the manager. He needs to get a settled team and stick with it. Surely were capable of playing 2 games a week at this stage of the season. It's November not ****ing March. 

Bizarre substitution in taking Musa off. He finally looked quite dangerous and he hooked him off. Gray came on and we went back to the performance of the first half. 

Never known a player like Okazaki who gets subbed off at half time so much. He shouldn't be needed at home against a piss poor team. He was playing centre mid most the first half and Slim was so isolated. 

Depressing season so far. Time to start concentrating on the league Claudio. 

Certainly needs to be some signings in January however we are not quite as appealing as we were at the start of the season.

Players who might have been interested at the start of the season will surly have lost interest now. Sinking ship springs to mind....or lead baloon...

Just now, adejo92 said:

Certainly needs to be some signings in January however we are not quite as appealing as we were at the start of the season.

Players who might have been interested at the start of the season will surly have lost interest now. Sinking ship springs to mind....or lead baloon...

Exactly why im annoyed at the summer recruitment,we will never be in a better position to strengthen than this summer and we blew it,We may have edged out an Everton even a Man united if the player wants to play football,now we have little chance of competing in January.This is the annoying thing about football,no chance for the smaller clubs to become bigger anymore.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Not strong enough. WBA bullied us and practically dominated midfield. King was atrocious and Drinkwater not much better although I feel for him with his mistake because he's been our best player this season. 

Like I've said all season, our style of play is shocking. 

We've got nothing that will link attack to midfield.

We need an 'Ozil' type who can unlock a defence like WBA's.

I have no idea who we could get to play that position but we also need a defensive midfielder to cover.

In January i'd give United 20m for Schneiderlin. 

Edit; Bojan would suit us.

Just now, elvisfmcfly said:

I said i can see why hes lasted only 2 years not quite the same as no winder and if you read properly my original post you would see it says i expected a difficult season,its still early days but the signs are not good.i ll be always grateful for delivering us a league title in my lifetime.what annoys me is they seem to have a bit more fight for the champions league and as defending champions,im not happy about it.

I rest my case on expectation,

If we,

as lcfc finish 7-10,

as reigning champions,

then that will be a great achievement for me,

But anything less is to be expected,

the club is a business unfortunately,

they got global recognition for last seasons heroics,

surpassing even the owners business plan in the time it was achieved,

so now that the club in playing in the most prestige club competition in the world,

from an investment point of view,

do you think that would sit round the board table and set out to win the league again and

hope to pick up a point or 2 in champs league,

no,

imo they would set us a target of mid table league finish with champs league group stage qualification,anything there after is a bonus,

as financially and as a brand that's a far more realistic expectation,

everyone knows who we are in the world,

not just Europe,

the club will progress more in seasons to come I believe,

but I also think we're gonna have to suck up some bad results in exchange for a successful champs league run,and that glamour last 16 tie the owners and some fans want

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Kasper let in some easy 1 on ones. After Drinkwaters howler, why in hell have a go at the GKeeper..

No..I wasn't having a go at the goalkeeper at all.  I just think with the way Kasper comes out and spreads himself, he is more likely to have saved it in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

I rest my case on expectation,

If we,

as lcfc finish 7-10,

as reigning champions,

then that will be a great achievement for me,

But anything less is to be expected,

the club is a business unfortunately,

they got global recognition for last seasons heroics,

surpassing even the owners business plan in the time it was achieved,

so now that the club in playing in the most prestige club competition in the world,

from an investment point of view,

do you think that would sit round the board table and set out to win the league again and

hope to pick up a point or 2 in champs league,

no,

imo they would set us a target of mid table league finish with champs league group stage qualification,anything there after is a bonus,

as financially and as a brand that's a far more realistic expectation,

everyone knows who we are in the world,

not just Europe,

the club will progress more in seasons to come I believe,

but I also think we're gonna have to suck up some bad results in exchange for a successful champs league run,and that glamour last 16 tie the owners and some fans want

Utter bollocks. With the right kind of investment you can maintain a balance in all areas of competition...the branding of the club will take care of itself if we do the business on the field. 

Ranieri cant seem to catch a break this year. He's made some decisions that haven't come off. Last year they all did and it made him look good. That's luck sometimes.

I questioned the Musa sub at that time when we looked our most dangerous. Gray came on, we conceded (which had nothing to do with the sub) and we went from tactical building to chasing the game. Add to that the vast majority of his team seem to be at six' and seven's. We are not firing on all cylinders at the moment and it's hard to take as we have had 18 months of everything working. 

When we did seem to click in the second half we looked good. That, hopefully will hold us it good stead for the remainder of the season. We do need to get as many points from the next few games as possible to take the pressure off the Christmas period. 

Why did we need the kick up the arse of conceding a goal before we finally showed an interest in attacking a team just above the relegation zone who were thrashed at home in their previous game? Baffling.

Our first half performances have been shocking for the most part this season, and today's was the worst of all. Musa and King (the players in our two 'problem positions') were beyond dreadful in those opening 45 minutes, Musa in particular maintaining his horrible give-the-ball-away-at-every-opportunity form in Copenhagen. Bizarre that he wasn't hooked at half time - and that when he did get subbed, midway through the second half, he had finally made two decent contributions with his pace (which was presumably why he got that totally undeserved standing ovation!)

Mahrez's skill was our lone saving grace today. That and Slimani's goal. The full backs were OK. The rest was horrible. 

We'd better not play like that v Bruges, or the whole season could implode.

Archived