Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Trump Triumphs

30 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

The number of Americans on food stamps is up 36 percent.

Wow and you consider him a success , just shows all the other figures are manipulated bullshite 

wow 36% increase in food stamps , and I suspect the majority of that is black or Hispanic 

your honour I rest my case .......

5 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

That's America ...nothing quite as simple 

but poor working class white people overwhelmingly wanted him , that will do for me 

2 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Wow and you consider him a success , just shows all the other figures are manipulated bullshite 

wow 36% increase in food stamps , and I suspect the majority of that is black or Hispanic 

yea ok

3 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

In no part of what I said did I call him a success, I said he wouldn't be considered a great success but on a whole as having a positive influence. 

The food stamps issue is obviously awful, but this has been on the increase for decades. We'll wait and see if Trump can rectify that.

His action on climate change, employment (on a whole), increase of jobs, increasing the average worker's salary and health insurance for example are all commendable and positive changes. He's also made overseas countries, bar the obvious exceptions, far more favourable of the US than immediately before. He's far from flawless and I think his persona and likeability will mask some of his errors but he's not been a disaster by any means.  

Trump winning is the result of one of the most pathetic, childish and immature elections I've ever seen.

Are these fully grown adults beings or petulant children? I don't claim to know much about or like politics but watching them hurl insults at each other rather than trying to actually put forward a decent case for wanting to run the country was quite frankly laughable. Not one of them cares. All they said was "Clinton won't do this" or "Trump hasn't/has done this", there was no focus on what THEMSELVES wanted to do. It was worse than the whole brexit and UK General election thing.

23 hours ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Absolutely.  Nicky Morgan was another today saying that Clinton's campaign perhaps wasn't clear enough for the American people to

understand.

Its crazy really that politicians on both sides of the pond are

completely blinded by the liberal idealism that globalisation is so bloody wonderful.  There are soany similarities with old pit and steel towns in this country with the automotive industry there.

Whole towns and communities shit on year after year whilst the politicians tell them they're actually better off.

I generally consider myself to be a centre left voter, but i'm glad Brexit happened and i'm glad Trump won.  The establishment that have ignored the masses for too long needed to fall.

So many people are talking about how terrible this all is but the truth as I see it is this is the first time in my life when genuine change could be about to happen.

So excited about the future.  I really hope those in charge and positions of power stop crying about the loss of what they thought was the way forward and actually embrace what's coming.

No guarantee that the impending changes will be beneficial for the masses. I fear the opposite will be the case.

5 hours ago, MattP said:

Protests across the country lol

Is this going to be the thing now after every election the left loses?

Appears to be a tolerance for this well, I doubt the same would be happening were it Trump supporters setting fire to things and blocking roads because Clinton won?

Seems the numbers protesting are relatively low. Maybe the media that have sympathised with Clinton trying to gloss over the fact they got it badly 

wrong

What is most important issues facing Americans.

Gun rampage nationally?

Defeating IS?

Environmental pressures?

Healthcare?

Inequality still persisting across the country?

Trump continuously said he's the 'solution to all' but only to gain followers. He's a business leader, yes, but can't tell yet whether he's serious enough to address the above issues and 'make America great again'. His general attitude could actually turn the other round and make situations further more problematic.

12 minutes ago, shen said:

Seems the numbers protesting are relatively low. Maybe the media that have sympathised with Clinton trying to gloss over the fact they got it badly 

wrong

Possible, the media really did cock this up on such a basic level with their predictions.

The idea Florida was going to Democrats easily because of Hispanics was the laziest thinking you can have and they just repeated and repeated it, the evidence in Florida is clearly that the largest Latino demographic (Cubans) were part of the surge in voting and it was always going to be likely they would punish the Democrats for opening up to Castro.

1 minute ago, MattP said:

Possible, the media really did cock this up on such a basic level with their predictions.

The idea Florida was going to Democrats easily because of Hispanics was the laziest thinking you can have and they just repeated and repeated it, the evidence in Florida is clearly that the largest Latino demographic (Cubans) were part of the surge in voting and it was always going to be likely they would punish the Democrats for opening up to Castro.

I'm sure I read somewhere (possibly at the time of the 2012 election) that Cuban-Americans were slowly forgiving and moving away from being staunch Republican voters. Clearly not the case...

2 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

They are complaining about the facts Under the leadership of America’s first black president, black people have been the biggest losers:

• 25% of black households live below the poverty line as compared to eight percent for white households. 

• One out of three black children lives in poverty. 

• Blacks are twice as likely as whites to be unemployed. 

• Blacks earn $13,000 less per year than their white counterparts. 

• The unemployment rate of African Americans has consistently been twice as high as for whites over the last 50 years. 

• For every $100 in wealth of a white household, the black household only has $6 in wealth.

obama the greatest fraud in the history of politics ! 

What is his legacy ? ....what is it ? 

Obama Care ? lol the most disasterous Heath care reforms in the history of healthcare provision ! 

The great thing about stats is that they can be used/abused/misinterpreted in any way you like.

Which time frame exactly are we talking about here? 2008 to 2016?

You also don't give a credible source and don't go into more detail as to what the numbers were BEFORE Obama took office.

Add to that the fact that Obama's policies or plans were regularly blocked by a Senate or Congress dominated by Republicans.

And it'd be interesting to see what the numbers are in 2017. Policies take time to be implemented and it takes years for the effects to manifest themselves.

All in all, an ill-researched and populist post. Need to do better.

They are complaining about the facts Under the leadership of America’s first black president, black people have been the biggest losers:

• 25% of black households live below the poverty line as compared to eight percent for white households. 

• One out of three black children lives in poverty. 

• Blacks are twice as likely as whites to be unemployed. 

• Blacks earn $13,000 less per year than their white counterparts. 

• The unemployment rate of African Americans has consistently been twice as high as for whites over the last 50 years. 

• For every $100 in wealth of a white household, the black household only has $6 in wealth.

obama the greatest fraud in the history of politics ! 

What is his legacy ? ....what is it ? 

Obama Care ? lol the most disasterous Heath care reforms in the history of healthcare provision ! 

Lets remember 50 cent filed for bankruptcy and Floyd Mayweather retired during Obama's terms mate. Serious stat swingers right there. 

45 minutes ago, shen said:

No guarantee that the impending changes will be beneficial for the masses. I fear the opposite will be the case.

wrong

You're right there is no gaurantee.  No gaurantee at all but the difference here is for the first time in a long time there was a genuine alternative.

Trump's message to black voters was 'what do you have to lose?' Not some bullshit, think tank, stock answer that could have come from anywhere.

If it goes tits up, poor communities there and here will still be poor.  As the saying goes, 'when you got nothing, you got nothing to lose'.

46 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I'm sure I read somewhere (possibly at the time of the 2012 election) that Cuban-Americans were slowly forgiving and moving away from being staunch Republican voters. Clearly not the case...

If they were Obama's deal with Castro would certainly have put an end to that one sharpish. A lot of them still probably have family members locked up by him.

1 hour ago, Adster said:

Trump winning is the result of one of the most pathetic, childish and immature elections I've ever seen.

Are these fully grown adults beings or petulant children? I don't claim to know much about or like politics but watching them hurl insults at each other rather than trying to actually put forward a decent case for wanting to run the country was quite frankly laughable. Not one of them cares. All they said was "Clinton won't do this" or "Trump hasn't/has done this", there was no focus on what THEMSELVES wanted to do. It was worse than the whole brexit and UK General election thing.

Unfortunately this is how politics works in the US, they focus less on the issues people are facing and focus more on trying to slander the opposition as much as possible

Their political debates on news channels often resemble children's playground fights, it's pretty ridiculous

American voters often find themselves voting for the lesser of two evils, rather than somebody who can actually make a difference

I honestly think America picked the right candidate out of the two, not that that's saying much mind

The Clintons are both corrupt and rotten to the core. I am so pleased she lost. Better a "Chump" than her.

Final score 306-32 to Trump, fairly comfortable in the end, so the Republicans control White House, Senate (52-48), House (239-193) and Governor Mansions (33-15).

Not bad for dying party on the "wrong end of demography".

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

If World War III does kick off can we be on someone other than France's side this time?

Fcking liability's. 

Awful idea.

1. We've been on their side twice and won twice.

2. We've been on their side twice and used them as an enormous shield twice.

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Final score 306-32 to Trump, fairly comfortable in the end, so the Republicans control White House, Senate (52-48), House (239-193) and Governor Mansions (33-15).

Not bad for dying party on the "wrong end of demography".

Yep, they mobilised their voters very well and Hillary didn't. A point I've made before about how good Republicans are at that. Trump had less votes overall than Romney or McCain and still won.

In the meantime, day 1. Apologies in advance for one of the pictures, mods can take it down of the language is too much.

Let's hope it goes no further than words and threats.

FB_IMG_1478796836647.jpg

FB_IMG_1478796669776.jpg

FB_IMG_1478796648927.jpg

Archived