Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Away fans must be pitch side

(Not sure if mentioned, if so merge).

Just been talking to a work colleague who has informed me at least one block of away fans must be pitchside from next season. 

I had a look and found this article ... http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/10651699/away-fans-must-be-pitch-side-premier-league-clubs-agree

So I take it we're no longer high in the sky at the likes of Newcastle and Sunderland (well, at least some of us!).

Seems daft to me. As an away fan I'm expected to be treated second rate. The opposition are at home it's their choice what to do with us.

This is all about the "product" on TV. No one gives an actual sh1t about whether you get a good or crap view as an away fan, but what they do want is the "interaction" as they call it when a goal is scored. It looks better on TV if you can see fans celebrating. 

3 minutes ago, C-man said:

I'm all for seeing more pits when goals fly in so happy with this.

Obviously Coach 1 will get themselves on TV so they'll be buzzed too.

This is my greatest concern with this idea. We don't pit well on TV as it is, now our poor goal celebrations are going to get exposed even more.

24 minutes ago, Foxin hell said:

Tbf, I kinda like the shit views at aways.

Yeah, that was my point. I don't expect to be treated well as an away fan.

Some of my favourite aways will be considered "shit" - Everton, Scunthorpe, Sunderland etc.

25 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Yeah, that was my point. I don't expect to be treated well as an away fan.

Some of my favourite aways will be considered "shit" - Everton, Scunthorpe, Sunderland etc.

Everton was everything that is good about an away! I mean they haven't even got round to replacing the old wooden terrace flooring so when you stand you tend to stand on two levels lol

Luckily last season we could see pretty well at Everton, about half way down.... but the lads at the back seemed to be having just as much fun singing "We can't see **** all" 

8 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

as long as we don't get some idiots who want to invade the pitch, there will need to be adequate stewarding

No doubt they'll change their mind and everything will go back after next seasons derbies.... How fun would Newcastle v Sunderland be with fans next to each other now.

Perhaps it's around about way of getting away fans to sit, if they're pitch side with home fans behind them sitting I can foresee all sorts of trouble.

6 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Man Utd don't either do they?

Sunderland's old away end looked far better than their current one.

United is fairly close but there is disabled/a few rows of United fans in front. Wonder where they'd move them too at OT, I'd guess down the left hand side as you look from the away end. 

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

This is my greatest concern with this idea. We don't pit well on TV as it is, now our poor goal celebrations are going to get exposed even more.

Do you ever stop belittling the sections of our own fanbase that aren't as good at supporting the team as you are?

3 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

This is all about the "product" on TV. No one gives an actual sh1t about whether you get a good or crap view as an away fan, but what they do want is the "interaction" as they call it when a goal is scored. It looks better on TV if you can see fans celebrating. 

True, but for once I'm with the big shots on that one.

Archived