Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leics 2 Middlesborough 2 Post match thread

Just now, Merging Cultures said:

What a stupid comment.

A proper fan doesn't put up with that shite. A stupid fan doesn't want the club to kick on and progress.

People pay a large portion of their salary to watch the team. The players get paid a fortune to entertain and represent the fans and the city. When the players under perform, the fans are allowed to complain.

If you're underperforming at work, do customers sit around and wait for you to get your stuff together? No, they complain. Which could end up with you fired.g

This team is earning more than we could ever dream about. So they need to man up, take criticism on the chin and perform.

Booing doesn't feel like criticism to me. It feels like a verbal attack.

18 minutes ago, ImBlue said:

If things continue as they have, we will finish 13th, that's obvious. Good season then, with a nice run in the champions league. 

Do you really think we look worse than palace? Swansea? Sunderland? lol 

And we can go up about 4 gears still! 

lol

You really are deluded if you think this squad can go up four gears. If we could, why aren't we Einstein? Are we waiting for something?

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

lol

You really are deluded if you think this squad can go up four gears. If we could, why aren't we Einstein? Are we waiting for something?

Is it really so unreasonable to think these players might be capable of more given what happened last season? It's not like these sort of performances are the only ones we've seen from them for the past year.

1 minute ago, Harry - LCFC said:

Is it really so unreasonable to think these players might be capable of more given what happened last season? It's not like these sort of performances are the only ones we've seen from them for the past year.

I ask again. Why aren't we doing so then? We've just narrowly drawn, with Borough, at home.

Everybody knows the formation needs to be changed because of Drinkwaters absence and the fact that the team is in poor form. Ranieri must see the problem because the majority of us within the stands can see the problem. Change the formation, shuffle the pack for Sunderland. 

2 minutes ago, Harry - LCFC said:

Exactly.

It's completely illogical to think that these players are not up to it after what's happened over the last 18 months.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Then why aren't they? What's the reason? If it's illogical, what's your logic?

Missing our first choice midfielders. Ranieri not knowing his best team. Poor form, stuck in a rut. It's happened before and it'll happen again. Some people are speaking like relegation is a certainty.

I accept we've been bad but it's not like it's the first time this squad has been off form.

Just now, bovril said:

Missing our first choice midfielders. Ranieri not knowing his best team. Poor form, stuck in a rut. It's happened before and it'll happen again. Some people are speaking like relegation is a certainty.

I accept we've been bad but it's not like it's the first time this squad has been off form.

1. So you're waiting on Mendy...you might we waiting awhile

2. Ranieri not knowing his best team after 3 games might be understandable..not now.

3. Poor form...why?

4. Stuck in a rut...how do we get out of it? We've done badly in what was called an 'easy run'. Do you think it will get easier somehow?

you must try harder than this. You're making no argument nor convincing no one with this stuff.

1 minute ago, Merging Cultures said:

CR for me.

NP's influence carried long into the last season. Until we started going defensive...

Well we're playing like we did under NP how we did for most of his last season now.

Guest CityFan 06

Middlesbrough deserved to win that, for me. They kept possession very well, and pressed us continually, we couldn't find a way through their system. We do lack creativity at times but I just think we're going through a tricky period. Teams are defending deep so the likes of Vardy aren't finding space, which is why we need another dimension to our style of play. As a side note, I thought their fans were decent today.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

We are lucky fookers.

And we are in trouble I think.

Weve not made the right signings in the summer, our younger players are rubbish (Amartey) or bang average (Gray) and we are a lot worse than we were last season.

Its a fine line. That last minute penalty will render his thread middle ground, whereas it would have been scathing. 

I thought Amartey had a good game to be fair, considering Drinkwater was missing he had some good moments and seemed in control, done a lot more than King and made some clever passes at times, as well as covering box to box.

he is only young and looks promising I think.

2 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

lol, why keep NP out if this? CR has only been here a season and a bit.

It's such a bizarre idea to think that everything changes immediately with a new manager. It seems to take a year and a bit.

Not as bizarre as claiming our poor form is down to Pearson's influence rubbing off.

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/2016-17/claudio-ranieri-reaction-3437374.aspx

“That’s football, but fortunately we showed fantastic character until the end. It wasn’t a good match, I recognise that, but we are happy to draw. All my players tried to do their best for the team. Sometimes it’s easier and sometimes it’s harder but today I am happy with our character.” 

A positive for the Foxes was the return of midfielder Matty James to the squad – more than a year since he picked up an injury that sidelined him for a significant period. Ranieri revealed that he was very close to making his 100th appearance for City in the second half. 

He explained: “I said to him ‘are you ready to play?’ because I wanted to help my midfielders, but when I said ‘ready?’ they scored the second goal! Then I had to change and put [Demarai] Gray in there to try to help [Islam] Slimani and create chances for us. 

“They played with 4-3-3 but with more players in the middle. We played just with two and we suffered a lot. Andy King and Daniel Amartey worked so hard today. For them it was easier to keep possession between the lines because always they had more players there than us.” 

-------

It's gonna be 442 next week again isn't it :ph34r:

Archived