Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leics 2 Middlesborough 2 Post match thread

Kante and Walsh are history, like O'Neil and Pearson.

But that doesn't mean the work they did and their absence (O'Neil aside) still isnt felt.

It take 2-3 seasons for a new managers preferred players to be bought and integrated fully. And the opposite is true for out going managers, it takes time to cycle out the players they bought, but some what less for their style of play.

It's at we are at the point where now it is largely CR's influence. That doesn't mean just the style of play, but things like the players contacts etc. I cant imagine NP allowing such contacts, and such bad performances.

The bad performances are exacerbated by the contracts.

Sure the DOF has a massive role to play in those, and I'd imagine there was a lot of politics NP wasn't willing to play there, which CR is much more accommodating to.

2 hours ago, Vacamion said:

lol at our fans.

Cast your mind back to getting beaten under McLintock, Milne, Levein or Holloway and knowing that we were awful but loving City anyway.

Imagine being a Palace fan.  In free fall, scored 3 to lead going into added on time, then concede two.

Or worse, imagine if you follow Hawick, who  today played an away fixture in the Scottish Cup about a 7 hour drive away at Elgin and lost 8-1.

We don't know we're born.

Move with the times,

50 millions worth of subs coming on.

cant keep talking about yesteryear

Normally, when you score a last-gasp equaliser, you feel pretty joyous. Today it was just relief. We were so awful today, so devoid of confidence, cohesion and quality, it almost beggared belief. But I guess with Amartey and King in midfield, it was always going be a case of cross your fingers and hope for the best.

Last season was truly magical. It was not miraculous though. It happened for a reason - because all of our players played out of their skins week after week and never let up. Their desire and hunger never relented. They fed off each other, upped their game accordingly and gave us all the most beautiful time of our lives.

We were never going to repeat that. It was a one-off. There are many teams this season with better squads of players than ours. But last season we beat them all. By a distance. Because we had the desire and hunger and spirit to repeatedly surpass all expectations. And we had a world class midfielder.

Kante has gone and won't be coming back. But the desire, hunger and spirit are recoverable. Once those are back, confidence and momentum will return. And, hopefully, some quality football. Because at the moment that is in precious short supply.

Claudio - over to you.....

1 hour ago, l444ry said:

Bit drastic. What did you expect after last season? Drinkwater was a massive loss.

For us to be able to have enough players to actually be able to change the formation every now and then, maybe?

Don't pretend this hasn't been a woeful failure of a season.

If anyone on this site was among those booing, then they should fvck off and crawl back under their stones. The are not fit to call themselves fans, and are merely filthy puerile scum,, who exposed their reptilian qualities. We were awful, yes, but no decent supporters would sink to this level; bunch of moronic c***s!

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

For us to be able to have enough players to actually be able to change the formation every now and then, maybe?

Don't pretend this hasn't been a woeful failure of a season.

Disappointing for sure. But losing Kante, Walsh, integrating new players from abroad, coming down off cloud 9  and the fact that Leicester as Champions are now a target for the opposition doesn't help. Teams set up to stop us and we cannot afford to lose players like Drinkwater in a threadbare  4-4-2 system, 

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Then why aren't they? What's the reason? If it's illogical, what's your logic?

you must try harder than this. You're making no argument nor convincing no one with this stuff.

10 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

This...

Why, the fook, do people keep banging on about the past.

Its here, it's now that we are talking about.

This season.

So you want a logical convincing argument, but we aren't allowed to use a frame of reference or place the current situation in any sort of context?

5 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Disappointing for sure. But losing Kante, Walsh, integrating new players from abroad, coming down off cloud 9  and the fact that Leicester as Champions are now a target for the opposition doesn't help. Teams set up to stop us and we cannot afford to lose players like Drinkwater in a threadbare  4-4-2 system, 

Agree with everything you have posted there, start to finish, which makes it even more strange that the system remained the same today.

18 minutes ago, brucey said:

The owners won't do it, but I wonder what would happen if Pearson was re-hired as assistant manager.

The players probably wouldn't mind.

Haha, I think that's less likely than us winning the league. Not because of the owners, but can you imagine asking Pearson to come back as ASSISTANT?

Just now, Dr The Singh said:

Really, wtf.does that actually mean, :unsure:

It's impossible to make any sort of reasonable judgement if we're not allowed take into account anything that's happened prior to this season, which seems to be what Col is suggesting. Our recent past is entirely relevant.

27 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

But that doesn't mean the work they did and their absence (O'Neil aside) still isnt felt.

It take 2-3 seasons for a new managers preferred players to be bought and integrated fully. And the opposite is true for out going managers, it takes time to cycle out the players they bought, but some what less for their style of play.

It's at we are at the point where now it is largely CR's influence. That doesn't mean just the style of play, but things like the players contacts etc. I cant imagine NP allowing such contacts, and such bad performances.

The bad performances are exacerbated by the contracts.

Sure the DOF has a massive role to play in those, and I'd imagine there was a lot of politics NP wasn't willing to play there, which CR is much more accommodating to.

NP didn't do politics and that's why he's gone.

I feel the pain as much as you, I'm just hoping the Great Man can turn it around because He and this Team have given me the Best Year of my life to date.

Just now, Mark_w said:

It's impossible to make any sort of reasonable judgement if we're not allowed take into account anything that's happened prior to this season, which seems to be what Col is suggesting. Our recent past is entirely relevant.

Ok bud,.thanks for.cleareing that up!!:thumbup:

1 hour ago, Merging Cultures said:

lol.

Ok, so the fans should fill out a HR form.

How else are fans supposed to express their frustration? Apparently walking out early also requires players finding a safe space.

Just like in the old days. On the bus back home, you take the offending player to one side and say "sorry old boy, bad luck and all that, but really do think you could rather step it up a bit, don't you? Righty O'. But never you mind chappy, first round is on me all the same."

Course you can't really do that nowadays when everyone is zipping round in pvc clad BMWs.

28 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Move with the times,

50 millions worth of subs coming on.

cant keep talking about yesteryear

27 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

This...

Why, the fook, do people keep banging on about the past.

Its here, it's now that we are talking about.

This season.

I don't understand people who refer back to Levein, Holloway etc. It's history... Apparently we should accept our poor performances because were not as bad as we were a decade ago!

3 minutes ago, Karljohn said:

I don't understand people's dislike of Andy King? Any other loyal servant at any other club would not get the battering Kingy does! 

Vardys 100k deal set a precedent, and there's no going back.

For me it's not a dislike of him, I just think he's good enough, and makes us a weaker side, loyal servant or not, the club has moved on, and his abilities haven't.

19 minutes ago, l444ry said:

You said it yourself. How much have we spent this season? How have we ended up in such a scenario? That's the crux of it for me. I didn't fancy us one bit today because I knew we were practically backed into playing as weak a midfield pairing as there is in this league.

I didn't expect us to be challenging for the title again but you can't excuse this. We are no better than Middlesbrough. That's absurd for the champions.

Don't get the complete hate for zieler, he's not overly confident currently and clearly isn't as good as schmeichel but no chance with the goals, defending was awful for both. So many idiot's around me asking to bring hamer on, what would that of achieved! Also Albrighton, he was so poor today but gets away with it because he works hard. Yes he does work hard but hes a wide player and barely ever scores or assists of late, today he gave away possession so much and slowed the game down

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

You said it yourself. How much have we spent this season? How have we ended up in such a scenario? That's the crux of it for me. I didn't fancy us one bit today because I knew we were practically backed into playing as weak a midfield pairing as there is in this league.

I didn't expect us to be challenging for the title again but you can't excuse this. We are no better than Middlesbrough. That's absurd for the champions.

Cut through all the dross on this thread (waiting for Mark w to bring up Pearson and Waghorn at this point) and read this.

Its all you need to read.

We are the Champions of England, yet only drew to Middlesborough by scoring two penalties.

Its a disgrace really.

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Cut through all the dross on this thread (waiting for Mark w to bring up Pearson and Waghorn at this point) and read this.

Awful comeback. You've not answered any of the questions. No surprise though.

Archived