Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leics 2 Middlesborough 2 Post match thread

One thing worth noting in the midst of all this doom and gloom.

In the past month, we've lost to West Brom and Watford, both by the odd goal, and drawn with Middlesbrough and Spurs. One more goal for us in each of those games - which was perfectly possible - would have given us six more points, and we'd be in eighth place tonight. Two more in each game, also not impossible, and we'd be sixth.

It's a very tight league, and we are not doing too badly.

16 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

I love my club, players, managers etc will come and go, I couldn't give a shit about them.

There are too many fanboys in my opinion.

We are not in a good position, if things continue, we will get relegated.  Something has to change.

Constantly in today's match our midfield was mentioned, it's not good enough for a 2 man operation, and without DD it's laughable.  The defence are looking jagged. CR has to get his arse in gear, he is responsible.

If things continue as they have, we will finish 13th, that's obvious. Good season then, with a nice run in the champions league. 

Do you really think we look worse than palace? Swansea? Sunderland? lol 

And we can go up about 4 gears still! 

Just now, ImBlue said:

If things continue as they have, we will finish 13th, that's obvious. Good season then, with a nice run in the champions league. 

Do you really think we look worse than palace? Swansea? Sunderland? lol 

And we can go up about 4 gears still! 

I dunno bro, all I can say is what I see.  No team is too good to go down, and we look that type of team

The draw feels like a win. 

Some credit has had to go to Boro, it's their first season back, they are well disciplined and both Negredo's goals were clinical. 

As as for us... Well you guys have called it already. For the first 30 minutes we didn't even show up. After we got the goal we were on top and their goal came against the run of play. However, afterwards we huffed and puffed and really didn't deserve anything. Someone sitting near me said "outclassed by Boro at home" and I'd agree with him. 

Right now now the team has no game plan or identity. We don't break like we did last year so now we are just a very mediocre team who hoof it a lot. We create very little and are shaky at the back. 

I don't think Ranieri will do anything differently for the next few games which is worrying. Mind you with Drinky out and Mendy / James nowhere near match fitness what can he do? Ultimately I could see us switching to a 4-3-3 with Slimani as the point man and any of our multitude of wingers supporting him which might work, but that's a long way away. 

Right now now I'll take any possible points we can and hope we can add at least one good midfielder in January. For me we are in a relegation scrap and I don't take it for granted we will survive! Think it will be a tough season especially with European commitments next year and the AFCON taking key players away. 

Zeiler is so nervous, takes an age to kick the ball. King and amartey was never gonna be great let's be honest. Amartey chases shadows for the majority of the game, he's only playing because we've got no one else. King you know what you're gonna get. 

Albrighton never seems to get any stick. I'm not saying slate him but he's so so average. Either chips it into the six yard box which is clearly not going to work or crosses it which hardly ever works either let's be honest. For me he offers little when we're losing. Work rate is fine but we need more, we need better quality players. 

On Vardy and Mahrez, I can understand why people think they lack motivation or whatever but I generally think it's because of the way teams set up. They have figured both of them out. Vardy needs service and when we doesn't get it, it's like playing with 10 men. He's a good player, not a great player, that's why he's not adapting to this. Mahrez does try to do too much but it's a similar story, teams have figured him and the team out. 

The most concerning thing for me, is the lack of quality and creativity, when we go forward players are looking around and wondering what to do. There's no ideas. It's lower championship football at best right now. I knew we'd have a bit of a hangover but not to this extent. The football is just terrible to watch. Best we can hope for now, is to not get cut adrift. I'm not even going to get started on their second goal ... I mean sometimes you just can't even believe it. 

Shit 

1 minute ago, Goober said:

Agree with this to an extent. They weren't great today but there was nothing they could do against that midfield 3. Ranieri set us up totally wrong today, and judging by his post-match comments it looks like he's encouraging all this hoofball we're seeing. Nowhere near good enough from him

Have you seen his face during the game?

Obviously not. He was furious. Shouting angrily at the players.

Have never before seen him in such a state.

I am quite sure, the team got a fine dressing-down in the cabin.

Doing it in public would be foolish and not very helpful.

We are worse than we were in the championship ATM. First half an hour was absolute embarrassment. Surely, SURELY ranieri has to play three in midfield now and drop Vardy & Mahrez. 

Mahrez needs to soend less time time thinking about his YouTube videos and Vardy less time thinking about book releases and play for the ****ing team.

Also on the penalties we were due some luck, was the first one a pen? Difficult to tell from my angle. 

What do we do..?.  

We have what we have, there just arent that many alternatives, to change to..!!

Claudio just might need to go even more Italian..and put 5 across midfield...

The fans, more  importantly the team need to be sjown and given new tactics, they can believe in.

Not for the 1st time....Mahrez was getting frustrated, this ethos of 'we the team'    has gone, and Claudio

is holding on too tight onto the spirit and fight character of the team.He now needs as mentioned his

tactical nous..   WBA, Stoke, Mborough, Burnley, have stepped up, we have actually slipped right down on intensity.

2 minutes ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

Have you seen his face during the game?

Obviously not. He was furious. Shouting angrily at the players.

Have never before seen him in such a state.

I am quite sure, the team got a fine dressing-down in the cabin.

Doing it in public would be foolish and not very helpful.

Yeah i've got no problem with him protecting the players. It's just the messages he seems to be sending across. Most of the football we've played this season has been absolutely shocking too, and there was no plan at all out there today, or at least not a decent one.. Not sure who the blame lies with

Ok I was hoping for the best when I saw our CM, unfortunately that didn't happen. Drinkwater and Mendy were meant to be our two starters this season today we had to do with our 3rd and 4th choices. We've been using half an engine all season today that engine disappeared.

King is a good club man but not a starter in the PL. Amartey puts himself about but lacks real steel and he looks like Bambi on ice trying to bring the ball down. After he got booked today he was a Bambi on thin ice and I thought maybe it was time for Marty James. 

Since RRZ came in our already shaky defence looks all at sea, although we seem to have stopped conceding from set plays.

When we do go forward we don't look too bad but we can't go forward because our CM is so weak. 

Amartey and King can't continue in a standard 4-4-2. I know the Don loves the formation but they all need to change and adapt.

Highway robbery for us to have snatched a point.

it's not mahrez or vardy's fault or any player on the pitch , the problem comes from the formation of the team 

when, you play with the same formation over and over and over 

chances are other teams are gonna figure out your plans and well mark your key players so you can't advance 

swapping slimani for vardy or okazaki for mussa isn't gonna change a lot , sure it can make a difference durring one or two games 

but leicester needs a new formation a new strategy 

1 hour ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

Undeserved. Glad not to lose but doesn't take away from the fact that we have some serious issues

And we all know we have problems. Yes the club fvcked up in the summer. But u till Jan this is all we have.

instead of just seeing a minus we did not lose.

Lack of quality all over the pitch, lack of desire, lack of ideas, lack of creativity.

So many poor performances all over the pitch today stemming from Zieler right up to Vardy. Zieler was crap, King was crap, Albrighton was crap, Vardy was crap. I'm not going to be harsh on the defence, Wes won both penalties, Fuchs has his qualities. Going forward we are lacking cutting edge, with Drinkwater suspended, Mahrez in poor form we don't look like creating anything, tbh Okazaki looks like the only one capable of scoring from open play right now.

This is what you get from not buying another CB & CM in August, you just knew it would hurt us at some point.

Any positives today? Amartey did alright I thought, at least he showed desire to get around the pitch, win headers and get some tackles in.

Complacency. That's what it boils down to I think, yeah the boys might well be putting in their efforts now but we've become this bad for a reason, these are top players that albeit over-achieved last season. It's not a crisis no, but we should be doing better than this. 

I stand with the proper fans celebrating at the end after all the plastics had done their booing and ****ed off home. Stay at home next time boys. **** the moaners! Up the Leicester!

What a stupid comment.

A proper fan doesn't put up with that shite. A stupid fan doesn't want the club to kick on and progress.

People pay a large portion of their salary to watch the team. The players get paid a fortune to entertain and represent the fans and the city. When the players under perform, the fans are allowed to complain.

If you're underperforming at work, do customers sit around and wait for you to get your stuff together? No, they complain. Which could end up with you fired.g

This team is earning more than we could ever dream about. So they need to man up, take criticism on the chin and perform.

Archived