Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leics 2 Middlesborough 2 Post match thread

With these performances, not of late, but the whole season..Close the January transfer thread..!!!!

We wont interest one top player...

We seem to have a bunch of Grifters...Mickey Stone should take some of them off us, Hustlers not foxes

should be our new nickname...

I still maintain the forwards have a massive excuse, they have to provide marvels living off  scraps,

Nobody helps Mahrez, when he is surrounded.

The defence has imploded, Huth and Morgan had their last throw last season, and became heroes.

Nobody but nobody could envisage their playing demise, in such a short time.

If we couldnt get cover we should of kept Moore and RDL. Not because they would of performed miracles,

but we could of at least of  got  Defensive  changes and rotation.

1pt from 3 easier games. Management and Claudio even if they wanted to keep loyal to the PL title players,

they should of bought basic cover. We were champions, we should of afforded that risk.

Even with King, James, Chilwell, Amartey in the background, we played too safe financially...!!

I reckon Mahrez, Vardy look poor because we arent holding the midfield, so the oppi can defend against

occasional forward pressure..

1 minute ago, themightyfin said:

I am going to risk getting slated by saying I thought Armartey and King were 2 of our better players today.

Armartey slightly better than King but I thought they both put in a good shift and done as well as expected against Middlesbrough's 3 in the middle.

2v3 is always going to be difficult no matter who we play there and I certainly thought there were plenty of poorer performances from other City players today.

King?  Are you serious? 

I am going to risk getting slated by saying I thought Armartey and King were 2 of our better players today.

Armatey did pop up a lot but his ball control was terrible which meant he gave it away lots. King was like the invisible man. Aside from that they were fantastic.

Hopeless. Change of tactics next week or we will get well beaten. A 442 with the clowns we had playing in  the centre today wouldn't be good enough in the championship. 

Mahrez and Vardy need a few weeks off. Don't look interested at all or good enough. 

Right in the relegation mix now. 

Do you realise how much work 2 players against 3 have to do?

Its not all about looking good when we have the ball. Kings work off the ball today was fine from what I saw something lots of people seem to miss.

As soon as Amartey wins it, King drops in about 4 yards next to him wanting a pointless ball.  When he gets it, 90% of the time he passes it backwards and slows the game down.  He doesn't put his foot in, he doesn't make intelligent moves, never jumps for a ball and plays aimless long balls out for throw-ins and goal kicks.  He's awful.  

He may be playing against 3 men, but Drinky does regularly, so does Amartey.

King is shit.

I love my club, players, managers etc will come and go, I couldn't give a shit about them.

There are too many fanboys in my opinion.

We are not in a good position, if things continue, we will get relegated.  Something has to change.

Constantly in today's match our midfield was mentioned, it's not good enough for a 2 man operation, and without DD it's laughable.  The defence are looking jagged. CR has to get his arse in gear, he is responsible.

4 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

As soon as Amartey wins it, King drops in about 4 yards next to him wanting a pointless ball.  When he gets it, 90% of the time he passes it backwards and slows the game down.  He doesn't put his foot in, he doesn't make intelligent moves, never jumps for a ball and plays aimless long balls out for throw-ins and goal kicks.  He's awful.  

He may be playing against 3 men, but Drinky does regularly, so does Amartey.

King is shit.

Yeah he's about to break John O'neills record of the most caps won while a Leicester city player.

He is a premier league footballer with a premier league title medel.

He must be shit you clown 

15 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Armartey slightly better than King but I thought they both put in a good shift and done as well as expected against Middlesbrough's 3 in the middle.

2v3 is always going to be difficult no matter who we play there and I certainly thought there were plenty of poorer performances from other City players today.

Agree with this to an extent. They weren't great today but there was nothing they could do against that midfield 3. Ranieri set us up totally wrong today, and judging by his post-match comments it looks like he's encouraging all this hoofball we're seeing. Nowhere near good enough from him

Boro fans much fvckin hate us - and with good reason. I was at the League Cup Final (both games) where they could have/should have/didn't win either game. They've never won at the KP, and haven't beaten us anywhere since 2002 - despite scoring three against us on two occasions.

7 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Yeah he's about to break John O'neills record of the most caps won while a Leicester city player.

He is a premier league footballer with a premier league title medel.

He must be shit you clown 

Andy King is awful you deluded cûnt.  

The worst thing for me is that we start almost every game at walking pace - no engagement with the opposition, no intent. This is totally unacceptable, irrespective of individual ability or formation.

Given our 2-man central midfield too, this hands the initiative totally to the opposition, puts us on the back foot. We win hardly any first or second balls and the opposition totally boss the game with little resistance from our players. The game is often lost, or nearly so, in the first 20 mins. We don't learn, we still keep doing it. Why?

As far as our performances are concerned, there are two basic things that need to change,

We can't persist with the 2 man midfield. Some alternative way of playing must be found. And our forward-going players must be more fluid so that they give more passing options and pose more problems for the opposition defence.

Secondly, there should be no sacred cows. Ranieri must accept that many of our stars of last season, and fixtures in the team during this season, are simply not cutting it. He should be prepared to start "second string" players as they seem more up for it than the current first choices. Slim, Gray, Musa, even Geoff will probably show more directness and desire. Consideration should be given to Hernandez, Benny and Chilwell in defence. Would be interesting to see how James would shape up. 

We have the squad to perform at least adequately. Let's use it sensibly.

Archived