Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
STUHILL

Musa - Opinions so far

53 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The same thing happened almost all game long, I was ripping my hair out before him and slim got on the pitch because we kept surrendering the ball without a good reason. So another pointless surrendering is just a pattern.

As for the subs, I'd have thought the reasoning was obvious. The strikers were fooked and we wanted an out like vards (Musa) and a presser like Okazak (Slim)i... problem is neither are as good at that. Especially in a fooked team.

Could you have brought on Gray, yes.... but he's less of a like for like than those two. Will he trust them again, unlikely... but he's learning a lot about each player and what they can and can't deal with.... he's not exactly shown much faith in Gray so far either. 

Babylon you can make all the excuses you like but the fact of the matter is he's a flop, a fraud, he'll never be good enough whether starting, brought on when we're winning, or brought on to find a winner, whether we're playing well or badly. We've seen enough of this clown now to know full well that he's gash and unlike most gash players he doesn't even try to compensate with extra effort. Seeing Musa trying to pass off as a footballer was a big downer on a great result today

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Babylon you can make all the excuses you like but the fact of the matter is he's a flop, a fraud, he'll never be good enough whether starting, brought on when we're winning, or brought on to find a winner, whether we're playing well or badly. We've seen enough of this clown now to know full well that he's gash and unlike most gash players he doesn't even try to compensate with extra effort. Seeing Musa trying to pass off as a footballer was a big downer on a great result today

What absolute bollocks. We've seen a brief cameo vs Barcelona, a run of three games where he started and got two goals, then a series of sub appearances in a team that had all but given up. Hardly enough to judge a player properly on. Hell, looking at him only getting one brief run playing in his position in a working team and providing 2 goals in that time suggests he's probably worth a go in his position now the team is working again.

10 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Saved by the keeper. Multiple times.

If it hadn't been for Schmeichel, it would've turned into an absolute embarrassment.

We had plenty of chances, particularly first half.  Slimani also missed a one on one. We got into plenty of good positions but didn't have the final ball.

Kasper was great but we had just as many chances.

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

What absolute bollocks. We've seen a brief cameo vs Barcelona, a run of three games where he started and got two goals, then a series of sub appearances in a team that had all but given up. Hardly enough to judge a player properly on. Hell, looking at him only getting one brief run playing in his position in a working team and providing 2 goals in that time suggests he's probably worth a go in his position now the team is working again.

Like I've said all along... he cannot control the ball. So many times yesterday where it bounced off his knee, it's embarrassing. He just looks so lost. Passing the ball out of play yesterday summed him up for me.

I thought I was in the minority of not rating him but everybody stood around me yesterday where echoing the same thing.  

Yesterday was just so infuriating, you'd think for a man with his experience and speed, he'd do much better given the circumstances.

He looked as if he wasn't there, both mentally and physically. Did he actually realize what he was doing or asked to do?

We needed relief, instead his antics and odd movements aided West Ham and it felt as if we were battling a lost cause up front. His almost non-existent link-up play with a Slimani way off his best didn't help, either.

As with every player in an LCFC shirt, I'd love him to do better and I want him to succeed, but he's no left midfielder (in hindsight, Gray would've been the better choice) and his first touch left me wondering whether he knows what to do with the ball.

3 hours ago, The Doctor said:

If he came here on a free you'd have written him off like most sane people have done. Just cos we got mugged off into paying £16 million doesn't make him a 16 million player and I wish people wouldn't say he's got potential because he scored in a friendly when Barca weren't trying. He was god awful in the rest of that game too from what I remember.

Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

If he came here on a free you'd have written him off like most sane people have done. Just cos we got mugged off into paying £16 million doesn't make him a 16 million player and I wish people wouldn't say he's got potential because he scored in a friendly when Barca weren't trying. He was god awful in the rest of that game too from what I remember.

Save yourself the ag of arguing with the Doc mate. You'll be on here all day.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Like mendy, slimani, kaputska - we've not seen enough of him to pass judgement. It's one thing coming on when your team is struggling to hold on, quite another to get a run of starts. He got a run of three games and looked alright, a series of sub appearances in a beaten team and has looked like a contest winner. That amount of playing time is not enough to pass any proper judgement on - if it were then Vardy, drinkwater, Morgan, even schmeichel would have been bombed out years ago (don't forget how slowly the first three started for us, or how everyone was slagging kasper off our first season back up). 

Edited by The Doctor

If he really is THAT bad it does make you wonder why we bought him ....     

Not trying to be clever, just a thought ....     After all our scouting system was so good the vultures couldn't wait to rip it to bits. 

Edited by Countryfox

What I have seen of Musa so far does not give me any sense of hope. The main reason for this is his lack of vision or awareness of team mates around him. Cannot remember him producing one decent pass all season. He does not seem to be a team player to me. The only chance I can see (a slim one at that) is him possibly taking the role of cover for Vardy. He could develop the ability to play the Vardy role sitting on the shoulder of the last defender and using his pace to its best effect. The problem is that he is easily knocked off the ball and has no real visible interest in chasing down defenders when we lose the ball. No "snap and snarl" to him. We will probably be stuck with him for another year at least so let's hope he get in the weight room and toughens up and also finds a bit of the "nasty". Maybe we can sell him to Newcastle for 12 mill when they get promoted, they are  always a sucker for a foreigner when coming back into the Prem ???

Hey we sold Jeff to Big Sam, try to explain that one?!!

6 minutes ago, FoxonMaui said:

What I have seen of Musa so far does not give me any sense of hope. The main reason for this is his lack of vision or awareness of team mates around him. Cannot remember him producing one decent pass all season.

You see, this is what I hate. People just ignoring anything decent that he does and focusing only on the shit.

20 Seconds

133 Seconds

220 Seconds

Three golden chances put on a plate for others in one game.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You see, this is what I hate. People just ignoring anything decent that he does and focusing only on the shit.

20 Seconds

133 Seconds

220 Seconds

Three golden chances put on a plate for others in one game.

He was actually really good that game and for a few games up until his confidence went down the toilet. Looks like a completely different player to now. 

BTW, Vardy in that game lol 

5 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

He was actually really good that game and for a few games up until his confidence went down the toilet. Looks like a completely different player to now. 

BTW, Vardy in that game lol 

Exactly. Yeah he's been utter dog turd at other times, but I just hate people making out he's incapable of anything. He's clearly a confidence player, you don't go from someone willing to run at people to someone wanting to just get rid of the ball at the first opportunity if you aren't.

Musa, like Mendy and Slimani, should really be given some more starts to help them prove to us that they can actually be successful here, unfortunately, I just don't see that happening for the rest of this season. We have such a settled starting 11 now, and even our subs are predictable and I can only see Slimani getting any starts and only if Vardy is injured or fatigued. 

I think we are all just going to have to rely on Shakespeare and his team who see all 3 in training every day, to make the decisions come the summer. 

What concerns me, is that neither of them get any real playing time from now until the end of the season, and we either sell them on without truly knowing if they could have succeeded here, given some patience and playing time, or we keep them, don't add to the squad, and soon realise next season, that they are indeed not good enough. 

The only safe solution, is to give them as much playing time as possible until the end of the season and also a really thorough pre-season to assess them. Easier said than done though, because we are not safe yet, and even when we are, the higher you finish, the more money you gain. 

If I was the management, I would try give them as many appearances from the bench as safely possible, and in the summer, aim high with recruitment for players like Silva, Andre Gray etc and if we get those targets in, then look to move on Musa and Mendy for as little loss as possible. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Another thing in Musa's defence as we tried to buy him for £18m in January 2016 but CSKA refused as they wanted £23m. If he was that much of a pup surely they couldn't have sold him quick enough for that kind of money?

Schlupp is garbage but we still rejected a £9m bid. We wanted to squeeze couple of extra millions out of Palace. It's the same with CSKA. It's the nature of the business, regardless of how shit the player is.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Koke said:

Schlupp is garbage but we still rejected a £9m bid. We wanted to squeeze couple of extra millions out of Palace. It's the same with CSKA. It's the nature of the business, regardless of how shit the player is.

Well they blew that considering they got less then.

22 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Musa, like Mendy and Slimani, should really be given some more starts to help them prove to us that they can actually be successful here, unfortunately, I just don't see that happening for the rest of this season. We have such a settled starting 11 now, and even our subs are predictable and I can only see Slimani getting any starts and only if Vardy is injured or fatigued. 

I think we are all just going to have to rely on Shakespeare and his team who see all 3 in training every day, to make the decisions come the summer. 

What concerns me, is that neither of them get any real playing time from now until the end of the season, and we either sell them on without truly knowing if they could have succeeded here, given some patience and playing time, or we keep them, don't add to the squad, and soon realise next season, that they are indeed not good enough. 

The only safe solution, is to give them as much playing time as possible until the end of the season and also a really thorough pre-season to assess them. Easier said than done though, because we are not safe yet, and even when we are, the higher you finish, the more money you gain. 

If I was the management, I would try give them as many appearances from the bench as safely possible, and in the summer, aim high with recruitment for players like Silva, Andre Gray etc and if we get those targets in, then look to move on Musa and Mendy for as little loss as possible. 

Adrien silva?

• 7 months later...